• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Start Ups Repeat

uhh i missed a lot of stuff. lemme go back...

As Chris was scripting, one of his friends ordered pizza for dinner. Because he liked pizza, Chris decided to join, even though he had his dinner earlier

The man seemed unflappable. "Ticket for a tattoo parlor? What the fuck?" he simply asked.

A woman in her 40s quickly noticed Bella. "Ah!" she exclaimed, walking over her. "You're here for security, right? You fit the description," she then explained, looking down at her notes. "What is your name?"

"Where is Mr. Dalton?!" a man complained, pacing around the stage. Behind him numerous people were busy cleaning up the broken stage light. "Mic check is in two minutes. And he's late!"

Lucy glanced up at her boss, and then back at Tim. "I dunno if it's true, but I heard he was a real bastard," she quietly said.

"Really now?" he replied, eyes wide open.

Robin's boss would simply remind him, "Don't forget about the project today, son."

"I think you misunderstand," Hadyn replied, narrowing his eyes at the client. "Our artists work tight schedules. Surely you're smart enough to figure that not every ink studio does walk-ins on the fly."

Alex had finished a few of her sketches, and decided to head up to take a little breather - but more importantly, to get her schedule from the front desk. She entered the passcode from the other side of the stairwell, only to find her manager and the man in some kind of standoff, much to her confusion. Her headphones hung loosely around her neck, K-Pop music paused as she took in the confrontation.

"Hi, N. Is, uh, everything okay..?" The artist asked the manager, who simply grunted and gestured to the impatient man across the counter.

"This punk thinks he owns the fucking place without a damn ticket, that's what," Hadyn grumbled, obviously annoyed.

"I'm in Clarion Heights," the man mumbled, holding a hand to his temple. Clarion Heights was a fairly well known, rich beach town. Such a place running business there was odd to him. "They told me this place existed and I didn't believe them. Look, I'll just leave, I don't give that much of a shit, dude."

"Ah, there you are," the woman said to Bella. "You'll be watching over James Dalton's stage. It should be down to the left," she explained, pointing to the general area.

Right on cue, James walked in with Melody at his heels. He looked around and quickly got a sense of the commotion around him. He glanced over at the broken stage light and rolled his eyes. "Melody my dear, you didn't tell me that I was walking into a war zone."

Melody wasn't amused. She looked ready to tear someone's head off, but James shook his head and smiled. Melody respected her boss' non-verbalized wishes and instead pulled out her phone to make a couple of calls. James instead made his way over to the man who was clearly looking for him. "Sorry I'm late." James held out his hand cordially. "You know, traffic on the expressway was brutal. I should have planned better." Of course, James didn't actually find himself at fault. But he also knew the importance of putting the charm on.

"Okay. Thank you," Bella gave a practiced smile. Once her back was turned however she let out an exasperated sigh. She couldn't work with some boring old man. Instead she was stuck with James Dalton. She really really hoped for a call about some murder case. She knew guys like Dalton and they were the kind that Marissa handled well, not her. Bella preferred church people and children. And non perverted old people. But nope. She was stuck with James Dalton. She really hoped Marissa would arrive soon that way she could mostly deal with him.

Lucy's boss glanced over at James, and sighed. "Get up here now," he quickly ordered, pointing at the stage. "We're still cleaning up a little mess but you can handle that, right?"

Lucy herself watched the scene with disinterest. She jumped off the stage and picked up her camera, making any last minute adjustments.

"Why?" Robin's boss simply asked.

James chuckled at this. "As long as there's not going to be another light falling on my head." He remarked slyly, but did as he was instructed.

Melody could be heard yelling at someone on the phone. Something about unsafe working conditions.

Robin had to think really hard about this. It's true that he had run into trouble while working on the website's backend, but the real reason he couldn't finish it was because he was attending the expo, something he couldn't say. "I found some errors in the site's backend that kind of just made me have to rethink a big part of my code and my laptop's also been giving me trouble, it's been overheating a lot," he explained casually. "I'm really sorry, I know I said I'll have it ready by today but if you could just give me a few more days."

"I want it finished today," Robin's boss said, unamused.

A woman from the sound crew clipped a mic to James' shirt, and began to adjust it.

James let the woman from the sound crew work as he heard Bella's voice. "Yep, that's me." He said with a cordial smile. "But please, call me James. Mr. Dalton is my father."

"Yeah, you wouldn't believe the kind of creeps we get for this expo," the sound woman said, still adjusting James' mic. "Last year we had some guys try and jump on stage. Bunch of angry people around, I tell ya."

His boss hung up the phone, no other words.

"Guys jumping on stage, not my style." James noted with a smirk. Melody could be heard groaning in annoyance at this remark from backstage. He ignored this, smiling at Bella. "Of course. Understood. And I appreciate it Miss..." He was clearly fishing for a name.

Back
Top Bottom