• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
The next Pikclone we get, should GF feel the need to keep this trend, should be based on Stitch. Japan loves the little guy, and it could give us a unique typing pair of either Electric/Fighting (Stitch has super strength) or Electric/Psychic (Stitch is supposed to be smarter than a supercomputer). Heck, we should have a Stitch-like Pokémon regardless of whether or not it's a new Pikaclone! Who's with me?
I hope it's not a Pikaclone if we get a Stitch Pokémon. That would mean bad stats and the over-reliance on a powerful Hidden Ability, like what happened with Diggersby.
That said, YES! Gimme a Stitch Pokémon! That show was probably my favorite as a kid (next to Spongebob of course). Stitch would obviously have four arms when it evolves (or it could be a form change?). If it isn't a Pikaclone, I'm not sure what type it would be. Maybe Normal/Fighting at the base and Dark/Fighting upon getting four arms and all those antennae on its back. Psychic/Fighting would be welcome as well, or even pure Fighting (though that could mesh with Machamp).
They missed their opportunity with National Dex #626. Hopefully they won't miss it when we are going to freakin' Hawaii.

I hope it's not a Pikaclone if we get a Stitch Pokémon. That would mean bad stats and the over-reliance on a powerful Hidden Ability, like what happened with Diggersby.
Diggersby wasn't the Pikaclone...

And it's not the only Pokemon that's overly reliant on its hidden ability (e.g., Greninja, Talonflame, Blaziken)...

That said, YES! Gimme a Stitch Pokémon! That show was probably my favorite as a kid (next to Spongebob of course). Stitch would obviously have four arms when it evolves (or it could be a form change?). If it isn't a Pikaclone, I'm not sure what type it would be. Maybe Normal/Fighting at the base and Dark/Fighting upon getting four arms and all those antennae on its back. Psychic/Fighting would be welcome as well, or even pure Fighting (though that could mesh with Machamp).
They missed their opportunity with National Dex #626. Hopefully they won't miss it when we are going to freakin' Hawaii.

While I'd rather a Stitch-like Pokémon not be limited to a Pikaclone, we're going to get a Pikaclone regardless. Therefore, a Stitch-like Pokémon would be the perfect opportunity to cash-in on a new Pikaclone since Japan loves Stitch (but not Lilo unfortunately). From it marketing perspective, it could give Game Freak an edge over the Yo-Kai Watch craze that has been stealing the spotlight from Pokémon in their home country of Japan.

Plus, it gives us a possible excuse for unique typings like Electric/Fighting or Electric/Psychic. While your idea of possible types are interesting, they've already been done before. Still, I like your concept behind a Stitch-like Pokémon.

Diggersby wasn't the Pikaclone...

And it's not the only Pokemon that's overly reliant on its hidden ability (e.g., Greninja, Talonflame, Blaziken)...

I don't think that Goombario64 necessarily implied that Diggersby was a Pikaclone, just that a Stitch-like Pikaclone would be heavily-reliant on a hidden ability like Diggersby since the stereotypical electrical rodent doesn't usually have the greatest of stats. They were just giving an example.

That being said, you are correct that it's not the only Pokémon that has that trait. Funnily enough, I actually had Huge Power in mind as a regular ability when I came up with the idea of a Stitch-like Pikaclone. :LOL:

Also, to both @Goombario64 and @The Outrage, both of you seem to assuming that the new Pikaclone would be pretty weak. Emolga's a good example of a Pikaclone that's actually useful due to it having a Speed Stat of 103. We could be surprised and have the next Pikaclone be just as good!

Also, to both @Goombario64 and @The Outrage, both of you seem to assuming that the new Pikaclone would be pretty weak. Emolga's a good example of a Pikaclone that's actually useful due to it having a Speed Stat of 103. We could be surprised and have the next Pikaclone be just as good!

And Dedenne would have been so much better if it could learn special Fairy-type moves. Hopefully that's corrected in this generation.

I was really happy with almost every design in Gen 6 (from my perspective), it's also given us some awesome Pokémon in general like Greninja & Hawlucha. They felt homely, and well-rounded, with balanced vibrant colours that didn't throw too much at you.

I'm hoping Gen 7 does the same, or similar (like how the starters are), it's seeming that way already, but I can't help but mention why Magearna was chosen as the movie Pokémon... I understand there may not be a Lucario/Zoroark of Alola but Magearna is bland imo. Yes it has the Pokéball and first man-made Pokémon gimmick but it still screams Diancie's mechanical half-blood sibling to me.

103 Base Speed is meaningless when Emolga has 75 Atk and SpA, as well as poor defenses. That's what I'm concerned about -- Stitch only having one good stat and nothing else. Stitch deserves the full package.

I'd really like to have a Rock/Electric pokémon this generation. An Electric/Fighting would be nice too.

103 Base Speed is meaningless when Emolga has 75 Atk and SpA, as well as poor defenses. That's what I'm concerned about -- Stitch only having one good stat and nothing else. Stitch deserves the full package.
Emolga's nearly useless competitively, sure (though I've won a few battles with it). But it's not bad to have on a normal play through (especially for sky battles in XY).

I have seen this dog like pokemon. Normal/Ground or Normal/Dark maybe? I kind of hope that the native bird changes primary type upon evolution instead of going back to the usual Normal/Flying combo.

Emolga was a real pain to battle in-game on pokemon Black. I know it lacks in competitive battles, but it is by far the strongest "pikaclone".

Whaaat? You didn't love it when Emolga spammed Double Team? I sure did.
Exactly this! Just two days ago during my playthough in Pokemon Black I had a 31 level Palpitoad vs 27 level Emolga of a trainer. And..... the Double Team spam begins! Taking in consideration I got an unlucky miss on the second turn, I wasted almost 9 missed Bubblebeams and 5 Muddy Waters to get this thing down! Try not to laugh!!! :p :p :p

While I know that Stitch is beloved in Japan, I think it may be going a bit far to expect an expy of him in SuMo. In order to avoid potential Disney conflict they'd probably have to alter him enough that he isn't even immediately recognizable as Stitch.

Although I will admit that Disney and Nintendo are no longer competitors in the Toys To Life arena so who knows what could happen.

I have been asked by my daughter to list her want since she is to young to use forums.

She would like her Rapidash to evolve (normal not mega) into a Pegasus Fire type with Levitate. She doesn't want it to change types as she hates Stealth Rocks.

I'm a good daddy, raising me the next generation of trainers. I feel accomplished.

Pokedex Rotom is a cool idea, something they haven't done before. I'm just wondering whether it'd leave the Pokedex after the story and join your team or something. It'd be weird for it to never leave, but I wouldn't want the Pokedex to be stripped of its personality it apparently has due to Rotom's influence.

I have been asked by my daughter to list her want since she is to young to use forums.

She would like her Rapidash to evolve (normal not mega) into a Pegasus Fire type with Levitate. She doesn't want it to change types as she hates Stealth Rocks.

I'm a good daddy, raising me the next generation of trainers. I feel accomplished.
You could suggest to her Fire/Fairy, as that wouldn't make Stealth Rocks worse like Fire/Flying would. Your daughter must be pretty smart to already be looking out for Stealth Rocks. Smogon University should give her a scholarship.
Pokedex Rotom is a cool idea, something they haven't done before. I'm just wondering whether it'd leave the Pokedex after the story and join your team or something. It'd be weird for it to never leave, but I wouldn't want the Pokedex to be stripped of its personality it apparently has due to Rotom's influence.
I'm also concerned with how Navi-like it'll be. I probably wouldn't care either way because Rotom is awesome, but hordes of upset fans are never fun to argue with.
Hopefully it's more like Mia from Pokkén (in that you can turn off Rotom's advice completely should you want to).

In the trailer Professor Kukui makes a comment about how Alola is chock full of nothing but rare Pokemon which made me think we may have something similar to Unova happening again. Later on though we see a Slowpoke at the beach which isn't exactly a rare Pokemon itself

Back
Top Bottom