• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Interesting note there: the rats they are meant to feed on are noted as nocturnal. I wonder if that's what we'll see in-game: Yungoos during the day, Rattata/alternate at night?

Interesting note there: the rats they are meant to feed on are noted as nocturnal. I wonder if that's what we'll see in-game: Yungoos during the day, Rattata/alternate at night?
When they encountered Yungoos, it was evening since the sky was orange. So maybe the Pokemon comes out at night?

Even if it ends up being another Normal/Flying or Fire/Flying bird, I LOVE that color scheme of Pikipek. Something about it just seems perfect.
Grubbin's evolution(s) will probably involve it floating and darting toward people/Pokémon with its fangs facing forward. Just a hunch. It'll probably be Bug/Steel, too.
Yungoose reminds me of Dick Cheney.

I like the bird but I'm iffy on the bug and zigzagoon

I wonder if Pikipek will know some grass type moves? It's description mentions that it spits seeds on its foes. Sounds like Bullet Seed or Seed Bomb.

From the official site:
"It’s often said, 'Something lost, something missed, check inside the Pikipek nest.'"
Okay GF. That's pretty cool. Is there something irl that matches this?

From the official site:
"It’s often said, 'Something lost, something missed, check inside the Pikipek nest.'"
Okay GF. That's pretty cool. Is there something irl that matches this?

There's tons of poems about magpies stealing shiny objects, but none as concise as this that I can find right now.

I love to see Pikipek evolve into a Steel/Flying or something. As for Grubbin, I reckon it might be Bug/Steel when evolved too. We got the regional Normal type pokemon but that is a normal thing to have in a new generation.

Bug/Electric seems more likely for Grubbin if we go by the official site. Which I am totally fine with, a Bug/Electric beetle sounds awesome. Steel/Flying for Pikipek sounds good too. And Yungoos just oozes a Dark type, so I'll guess Normal/Dark for that.

Also I guess a reason they hid Yungoose's dex entry from us is because it might have referenced the Pokemon it was introduced into the region to control?

I think they hid it because the player actually opened the Pokedex and they didn't want to spoil how many Pokemon there are between the revealed ones.

But I think the reference to Yangoos' prey is also plausible.

I think they hid it because the player actually opened the Pokedex and they didn't want to spoil how many Pokemon there are between the revealed ones.

It will have opened in the same way that Pikipek's did and they didn't block that out though?

You mean the REGISTERED screen that comes up after a new capture. But I mean that the girl suggested opening the actual Pokedex afterwards and he did so, but they blocked it all out.

Also Pikipek is #10 and comes right after the Popplio line, so there is nothing to see here.

Pikipek is really cute, I'm definitely catching a female one and naming it Pearl. Grubbin looks... interesting. It isn't that cool right now but I think it has a lot of potential for evolution.

The best one however is Yungoos. It has oficially surpassed Popplio as my current favorite. Don't worry Popplio, I will pick you as my starter anyways!

You mean the REGISTERED screen that comes up after a new capture. But I mean that the girl suggested opening the actual Pokedex afterwards and he did so, but they blocked it all out.

Also Pikipek is #10 and comes right after the Popplio line, so there is nothing to see here.
The last time that there was a regional bird after the water starter line was in generation 4 with Sinnoh.

Ledyba was #20 in the Dex, so that leaves eight Pokemon unaccounted for between Pikipek's evolutionary line (#10-#12). Likely enough room for Yungoos' two-stage line, its supposed rival rodent's two-stage line, Grubbin's two-stage line, and an additional Bug-type's two-stage line. Conversely there could be any combination of two or three-stage lines within these eight slots, but it's likely between these Pokemon.

Considering Ledyba is present its probably safe to assume Spinarak is, placing him at #22. But I cannot imagine any substantial Pokemon from past generations being present before Ledyba.

The more information we get, the most I like Alola. It seems like that will be easily my favourite region!

Pikipek is just amazing, exactly what I wanted for the regional bird. It will probably evolve to Flying/Steel (look at the metallic like pecks).

Grubbin has the potential to be my new favourite regional bug. I just read the official description and I'm sure its evolutions will be Bug/Electric, one of my favourite combinations in the game.

Yungoos is the one I like the least, but it looks much better than most of the previous gen early route normal type pokemon (zigzagoon, sentret, bidoof).

Too bad Magearna will be an event only pokemon (they confirmed this on the official website). But both the signature move and the ability are outstanding!!!

Yungoos didn't have its registered screen appear, likely because it has the Pokemon it hunts listed by name. you can even hear it going in the background while they're talking with the RotomDex blocking it all out. he definitely didn't open up the Pokedex since the captured theme was playing the whole time.

Ledyba was #20 in the Dex, so that leaves eight Pokemon unaccounted for between Pikipek's evolutionary line (#10-#12). Likely enough room for Yungoos' two-stage line, its supposed rival rodent's two-stage line, Grubbin's two-stage line, and an additional Bug-type's two-stage line. Conversely there could be any combination of two or three-stage lines within these eight slots, but it's likely between these Pokemon.

Considering Ledyba is present its probably safe to assume Spinarak is, placing him at #22. But I cannot imagine any substantial Pokemon from past generations being present before Ledyba.

If only I could count. Not eight, but seven Pokemon left unaccounted for. So it seems most likely that Yungoos and its enemy Pokemon are two-stage evolutionary lines and Grubbin is a three-stage line.

Back
Top Bottom