• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Revealed Gen VII Pokémon discussion!

Favourite Alola Pokemon so far?

• Total voters
Was just thinking about Cutiefly and realised something: Shield Dust is called "Moth Scales" in the Japanese games and is only given to butterfly or moth lines. Of course they could break that tradition here, but I think it could mean Cutiefly evolves into one too. Which one? Well maybe the hummingbird moth?

maxresdefault.jpg

864814246_00cc9bb77a_z.jpg

hummingbird_hawk_moth.jpg

The hummingbird moth gets its name because it looks like a hummingbird and I could definitely see something along the lines of it being Cutiefly's evolution.

Was just thinking about Cutiefly and realised something: Shield Dust is called "Moth Scales" in the Japanese games and is only given to butterfly or moth lines. Of course they could break that tradition here, but I think it could mean Cutiefly evolves into one too. Which one? Well maybe the hummingbird moth?

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

The hummingbird moth gets its name because it looks like a hummingbird and I could definitely see something along the lines of it being Cutiefly's evolution.
That last one looks like a legit fairy type.

That last one looks like a legit fairy type.
You know, you don't have to be a stereotypical "pink" creature to be a fairy type. There are a lot of pokemon(ex: azumarill, whimsicott ect...) who aren't pink and yet, are considered fairies.

No, I agree. It definitely looks like a potentially fitting evolution for Cutiefly.

maxresdefault.jpg

864814246_00cc9bb77a_z.jpg

That's a really neat animal, would sure make a great evolution for Cutiefly. Since Cutiefly is pretty much identical to it's real life basis I wouldn't be surprised if the same applied to it's evolution(s).

You know, you don't have to be a stereotypical "pink" creature to be a fairy type. There are a lot of pokemon(ex: azumarill, whimsicott ect...) who aren't pink and yet, are considered fairies.
Okay? Not sure what that has to do with my original post, but sure...

Okay? Not sure what that has to do with my original post, but sure...
Well, you were saying that the last animal Zeb posted looks fitting for a fairy type, and since it's the only one out of the three that's pink i thought you were implying that fairy types should be always pink.

Sorry if i bothered you.

Well, you were saying that the last animal Zeb posted looks fitting for a fairy type, and since it's the only one out of the three that's pink i thought you were implying that fairy types should be always pink.

Sorry if i bothered you.
Nah, that wasn't my implication. What I meant was 'wow this creature looks like a stereotypical fairy' hence why I said what I said.

I'd love to see more unusual Fairy types myself.

I don't think Drampa is an evolution of an older pokemon. I think it is a gen 7 pokemon that evolved from another gen 7 pokemon or a stand alone pokemon. I like the idea of Rockruff evolving into a werewolf like pokemon. Rock/Dark would make sense for it although it gets a 4x weakness to Fighting.

I've seen people theorizing Drampa could evolve into a Ghost/Dragon pokemon, seeing how it's based on an old man. Pretty dark, but I'd absolutely love the concept.

Rock/Dark does sound kinda cool, I'm just a little concerned about the myriad of weaknesses it'll get.
I'm also glad that they confirmed that that thing protruding from Togedemaru's back is an electric gathering needle, which I figured it would be something along those lines. Though to be honest, I feel like the design would be much better if it wasn't there at all. It looks like an odd misplaced tail imo.
But without the "needle" how could it be a horrifically transparent Pikachu expy?

Overall, of the 7 released Pokemon, I'm kind of fond of Charjabug and Cutiefly...

Charjabug because of how ridiculously hilarious it is for a cocoon, and how its utilitarian battery design has implications for even its evolved form to carry it around! Probably tied for my favorite cocoon pokemon design with Swadloon.

Cutiefly, because... Well, It's a tiny, adorable, wandering, statterbrained fairy bug - and I'm a fan of tiny, adorable, wandering, scatterbrained fairy bugs. :oops: It might just be in my dream team, and I can't wait to see what it evolves into!

we have many electric types early on, a pitty that the electric/bug is not a canon beatle with Mega Launcher.
Many normal, electric, fairy and flying pokemon.
Hmm... interesting choice what to give us before premiere.
And they gave Zygarde also an attack that goes through abilities.
Legendaries of steel, psyhcic and ghost. Hmm a dragon/fighting would fit as a legendary or not?
Till now i like what we have, the dragon/normal could become a dragon/fairy, why it is not getting Fur Coat?

Just to point out a couple of things...
we have many electric types early on, a pitty that the electric/bug is not a canon beatle with Mega Launcher.
Zap Cannon doesn't get benefits from it, though! Only this list of moves take advantage of Mega Launcher's boost. I can understand what you were thinking with it, railguns and all that, but I think its resemblance to the Vic Viper is enough in itself, don't you think?
And they gave Zygarde also an attack that goes through abilities.
More accurately, it disables them. If I'm to input on that particular aspect, then I'd say it's essentially a damaging version of Gastro Acid if you want an idea of how it might work.

These new batch of pokemon had me changing my new fav pokemon of this generation. Hasn't been able to do that since Litten was revealed. But yo.... Cutiefly is sooooooooo freaking cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just love it's design too. It looks so much like a bird and them bam bug wings. If it evolves and keeps its bug typing, then this will be my first time I am musing a bug type on none of my main game teams. Unless they announce some totally awesome fairy type, or it becomes super ugly when it evolves, then I'm keeping Cutiefly until the very end. It's design is so simple, and it's just so friggin cute I just want to hold it.

Drampa... First look and I just kinda pause the trailer and stared at it for a bit. But then I replayed it and honestly, it looks pretty darn cool. I like his design, he's so silly looking. He reminds me of a funny grandpa dragon. Like he's wise, but he's also super silly. I'm not sure if I'll use him on my team, but I am going to at least catch one and name him Japeth. Most of you probably won't get the reference but if anyone ever watched that animated parody of The Little Red Riding Hood, called Hoodwinked, then Japeth is the mountain goat who was always singing. Their faces are super similar and that also seems just like an old silly grandpa name. I also love the idea of Drampa being an evolution of Dunsparce. Though I don't think it actually is, I like the idea. And if it is, it looks like we might be getting other regular evolutions of old Pokemon too, which is awesome, because there are a lot of old mons that need an evolution. I hope the ones that can Mega Evolve don't get real evolutions though, if their evolution chain isn't complete.

Charjabug and Vikavolt honestly didn't excite me too much. I mean all their designs are cool, and I'll probably catch and evolve it to have the Pokedex entry for it, but honestly I won't be using it on my team or anything. Just feels kind of lackluster to me.

Bruxish. It was okay, but the teeth kind of creep me out. Yungoos' weird teeth worked, because he is a mammal, but I don't like to imagine fish having teeth. I pray that either Bruxish gets a better looking evolution, or there are going to be new water Pokemon, because I don't ever do a team without a water type, and I don't want to have to use an old water Pokemon offered in game.

And our Pikachu knock-off of the region, Togedemaru. Honestly, I odn't mind them knocking off Pikachu's design every generation. Cuz they're all really cute, and it's kind of fun that Pokemon knocks off it's own mascot. While Togedemaru isn't my fav Pikachu, its rather cute, and I love the addition of steel type. I'm hoping that it might get an evolution, because it definitely looks like some sort of porcupine, and I want to see it get some amazing steel spikes or something, but if we don't see one, that'll be fine. If they don't announce another electric type for the gen though, then this will probably be my electric type, since I never build a team without an electric type either.

Finally, Tapu Koko. After watching the English trailer, and reading it's info on Bulbapedia, I am excited to see this Pokemon. This is such a cool Pokemon. Its design really fits well with the Hawaiin themed Alola region. And if it's design doesn't scream guardian Pokemon, I don't know what does. Maybe in the late game to give you a reason to visit all the regions again, maybe you can go and catch each of the guardians.

Sun and Moon are heating up to be two amazing games, and I honestly can't wait for them. I'm so excited to see what these to games have to bring us!

what you were thinking with it
they could in future create a electric pulse or aura kind of move and do it.
I don't say this one is bad, a bug/electric with Levitate makes sense and looks cool to.
If it learns moves like Volt-Switch and U-turn then it will be a nice "Switcher- a pokemon used to switch in or out others".

I know that I have given it a little bit to short. But I feel some big new better and powerfull abilities are coming our way, immunities to special moves or others to physical, or immunities based on speed is my dream come true if that happens.
+ it makes sense pokemon like Ditto and Shedinja could take easy on legendaries.

immunities based on speed is my dream come true if that happens.
Well, I dunno if you saw that psychedelic fish Pokémon, but one of its two abilities is a new one called Dazzle, and it nullifies priority moves used against it!

yes I saw that Fish, it's very nice done.
Nullifies means that a prority move like Quick Attack will totally miss(immunity) or will it only nullify the prority?
Will it go throug the "Shield" besed moves automatically, hitting the target?
How will Trick Room work with it? Will it nullify it effect?
I would rather want the first to happen, moves that go first/last (Quick Attack/Avalanche) to miss it totally, this makes perfect sense for a psychic type.
(I can see in future a fairy, ghost, fighting , electric, ice or dark getting it too)

( I imagine in future generations new kind of pokemon: one that is immune to all damage dealing attacks from pokemon that are faster then itself and a other poke(counter) that is immune from all attacks that are slower than it. Both would need the right speed stats(both would need excact speed to nullify them self) ans total stats to be not to OP. This could theoretically work if Stats moves could hit normally)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom