• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rookie writer + an idea :)

Necrozma

Formerly known as Tsu
Reaction score
Hehe, I'd like to use this opportunity to introduce myself to all of you writers as well as ask for your opinion on my idea. Well I have always been a kind of imaginative person and as new one in these headquarters, I hope I get a lot of reviewers or at least readers.

And here's an idea which I'll most likely write in a form of a journey fic.
Since she could remember, Lyra always stood in the shadow of success and talent of her older sister. With Crys becoming a new champion of Johto, she starts feeling like a black sheep in the family as she decides to head on her own journey to prove to them that she's exactly as worthy as her older sister. The twelve year old girl is miserable as she searches for respect from her family in a different way. She soon discovers that she's a rather talented newbie trainer, but soon finds herself caught up in the mysterious schemes of Rocket Four who plot on recruiting as many members they can in order to pursue with their secret project known as 'White Rocket'.
That would be it. I have already come up with the title, so I'd also like to hear your opinion on it.
The title would be Lyra: The Melody of Battle

What do you think?

Woah!

Crys and Lyra, in the same fic, and not meta about the fact that the former was replaced by the latter?

...gosh, that actually sounds like a pretty nice idea! :ksmile:

And be welcome, dearest. I hope you have a nice time around :)

...Lyra the jealous relative of Krys...

Frell, there goes that plot in a futurefic of mine.

Also, welcome to the workshop, Tsutarja. I would most definitly read this fic and I hope to see it soon. But don't rush it =P

I think this idea would be awesome, especially if done well (and that's how I'm hoping it's done).

^Personally, I think having a villain protagonist would be awesome, but that's Tsutarja's descision.

So will I! I'm curious, will you be writing in present tense or past?
I'll be writing in past tense because the present one is just awkward for me to write. :|

That is a clever idea you have! So will Lyra be a good guy or bad guy?
Hey! ^^ Well I'm planning to make a her a good guy, but she might find herself in place of a rocket grunt. :p

First of all, thank you all. ^^ It is nice to see so many friendly members round here. And don't worry, I won't be rushing too much with the fic. But it won't take too long either.

I like the idea :)
Besides,I like Lyra more as a character.
I'll definitely take a good read to it.
If you need any help with the story private message me.
I would love to put some input in. :)

Good luck here, kid. Smart move on your behalf getting your fic up here a three weeks before the awards start. Very smart indeeed.

Good luck here, kid. Smart move on your behalf getting your fic up here a three weeks before the awards start. Very smart indeeed.
To be honest, I don't expect anything from these awards. I'm really not as talented as the bunch of these other writers who are really good at what they do. So no, it was not my intention to do it and even If I did, I wouldn't expect a win nor a nomination.

And thanks. :)

Please note: The thread is from 14 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom