• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

I'd prefer a Rock/Fire Type to go with the sunset theme,.

By the way, I think a Dawn form is incoming as the corocoro Lycanroc looks nothing like Lycanroc Dusk.
I'd have preferred if the name had been kept Twilit from like the Japanese one.

Guys, here's the Dawn Form:
Dawn Lycanroc.jpg

A fire type would be logic. But why not a dark type!/rock?

I think it'd be too redundant: Midnight deserved that typing A LOT. And the factor that I'm partial to fire as my favourite Type also factors in.

I think we need to see Dusk Form's bio on the official site before we can confirm a type.

I especially agree with the rock spikes around the ribs. The back of Dusk's mane looks so naked without them. And yeah, the tail should've been shorter--let's say halfway between the two--instead of an *exact* copy.

EDIT: I can only pray that they make a small, late development edit like they did to Excadrill a couple months before BW released.

But they likely won't lol.

Seriously this.. I honestly would not complain even a bit if they had made it a real transition between the 2 forms. Right now it looks nothing like midnight wolf and just has the piece of fur/spike on its head (and I guess a revolutionary white belly area like midnight). They could have given it midnight's floppy ears, shorter tail, eye style (yes, I know the carrotwolf has midnight's eyes for a bit when it evolves), the rock spike ribs ..so many things to make it look like a real transition, but it's worse than some Alolan forms right now.

First, what do you guy expect from Pokenchi? They've never been a Pokemon news mainstream? It's just a small side shown. It's not Pokemon official website, not Corocoro, even Corocoro trolled us sometimes. You guys don't remember last year when Pokenchi showed us the same trailer that we already saw hundred times?

Last, Dusk is the transition time between Midday and Midnight, of course, it will look like the other two? You guys really expect it to have some ultra super hyper form where it can become some megazord? Or because Midday is 4-legged, Midnight is 2-legged then Dusk will be 3-legged? And what if we have Dawn form, will he jumping on 1-legged lol

As stated in the quote above, expected it to look like a real transition between the 2, not a literal recolor. Put midday and dusk wolves side by side and say again how much of a transition it looks like... Should have given it at least the ears of midnight and a different tail, although both of these details + the rib spikes would be ideal along with eyestyle being fully green colored like midnight's red

816042d469.jpg

The rock spike rib things and a tail length between the 2 would've made it way better though. Small, obvious improvements that I can't believe GF didn't think of. It took a couple minutes to see how to improve it. But they recolor it and give it a hair tuft and say it's good to go? I still like it a lot, don't get me wrong. But it could've been better with tiny edits. And that makes me worry about the quality of USUM in general. Fearing they might be rushed cash grabs. Even the Necrozma forms for Solgaleo and Lunala looked like they could've been made in photoshop.

Here

Well knowing they altered a design before makes me hopeful that with enough backlash, they'll do something about this one too...but then again, I doubt it because the japanese people all seem to be eating this up based on comments.. We complainers are probably a vocal minority which is sad, given that it shows how little people nowadays demand from GF..

Honestly, that is pretty much all that worries me as well. Sure, new wolf form alludes to there being more forms in these games (maybe also Alolan variants), but if they are all going to be this level of lazy design, then I'm not sure if that matters at all. Seeing this simply worries me about their dedication to the games..

I kinda wanted a Dawn Form just because of that, actually. Though since Dusk's Japanese name is Twilight, then it seems a Dawn Form is out of the question.

I'm fine with it, but I feel like they could've just stuck with Twilight.

Didn't Emerald have Speed Deoxys? Platinum had Rotom forms, and Rotom isn't a Legendary, but the problem is that Rotom's forms were event-locked until HGSS.

I am also hoping for a Dawn form just because I prefer midnight's features and would like to see a wolf based on them with some of midday's features.

Well,that WAS a red colour on coro coro lmao

It's strange

Probably a bad color quality case, wouldn't look too much into it, but we will know in like 2-4 days when the scans leak. At this point, I'll just hope corocoro has more info to give us than the wolf, and I hope it shows us ability/ type at least

Do we have new leaks except dusk Lycanroc?
We do not. With pokenchi yesterday, it's also safe to say that August6 leak is fake because the wolf reveal hardly counts as a trailer and they revealed absolutely nothing mentioned in said leak

I'd prefer a Rock/Fire Type to go with the sunset theme,.

By the way, I think a Dawn form is incoming as the corocoro Lycanroc looks nothing like Lycanroc Dusk.
I'd have preferred if the name had been kept Twilit from like the Japanese one.

It actually looks everything like the dusk wolf, aside from looking red.. It could be just corocoro cover quality having a color that is meant to be orange, but looks red
-same face
-same rock spike on the head
-4 legged
-same mane features

BTW, Tasogare in japanese is a word used for all 3 - twilight, dusk, dawn (as far as I know anyway, maybe I'm wrong). Since twilight is a term used to indicate both dusk and dawn, it makes you wonder if calling it dusk and not twilight in english was intentional in some way

I would be on cloud 9 if we'd get a Dawn wolf, but looking at the coro one, if it's somehow a dawn wolf, then it'd be a second midday recolor...gg?

If we somehow do get a Dawn wolf, I pray it is at least based on midnight, because then it'd be kinda cool how the wolves are reversed. i.e. Midday's base becomes Dusk (the part of the day closer to night), and Midnight's base would become Dawn (when daylight breaks). Also, a Dawn wolf doesn't have to be pink..sunrise doesn't always look pink..it is often just a darker shade of yellow, which they could make it tbh. It matches- Yellow, Orange, Light brown, Red

Last edited:
I think bad colour quality would make the colour shade a bit dark or light orange, not the exact shade of midnight form.

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/893743121921695744

If you look close enough...the color around the edges is orangeish, so it may as well be just a color/quality issue

I mean, look at the face/head/ears/mane.. even if it's a different wolf, do you really want to see a SECOND midday recolor? It at the very least clearly looks like a midday body base again..

It's been exactly 2 months (down to the day) since USUM were announced.
In that time the only thing they've revealed is a different colouration of a Pokemon we already know and has already had a lot of exposure.

Can't wait for October. Maybe Cap Pikachu, will gain access to an 8th hat, (one of Lillie's perhaps?)
i have it this is not nothing of other world yeah if do you have Bolt Strike (Via Hacking) There s only you can deal his exclusive z-move 195 damage and i dont like the policy of pokemon about hide "mons" and turns exclusive in japan

Second: Prefer Believe the new lycanrock is not another form only something genetic determined number of rockruff its lycanrock ash

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/SerebiiNet/status/893743121921695744

If you look close enough...the color around the edges is orangeish, so it may as well be just a color/quality issue

I mean, look at the face/head/ears/mane.. even if it's a different wolf, do you really want to see a SECOND midday recolor? It at the very least clearly looks like a midday body base again..

Yes, there is orange, but the main colour scheme seems to be Midnight's. The major part of that image is red, which I do not believe can be a misprint colour for orange in such a magazine (they must have VERY bad printers to confuse orange for deep blood red).

I don't know about the design, since Dusk Lycanroc is the best Lycanroc form yet for me. Since I prefer Midday, I have no issues :p

I think (if we have) a Dawn form, it'll use Midnight as a base, since the most believable theory is that since Rockruff was evolving at a time between Day>Night, it first took Midday as a base, and gained were-wolfish features as the day changed into night. So it'll be the reverse for 'Dawn Lycanroc' where the transition is Night>Day, and Rockruff will have Midnight as a 'base' with Midday's wolfish features tacked on.
Honestly, I'd take anything which would make Midnight look less of an abomination than it already is.

ability options?

1-solid rock (would give it the kick needed)
2-sandstream (last form got sand rush)
3-early bird (more for a dawn form rather)

hope all 3 forms get steel(iron tail), fairy(moonblast,moonshine midnight, dazzling gleamd for day forms) and ghost(for midnight form) type moves,
the dusk form would deserve flame charge and play rough.

all will probably get sucker punch.

Wonder if there is also a Dawn form, since Dusk is just a "shiny" Midday with Midnight turf of hair.

I'd prefer a brand-new ability for this form.

Or maybe speed boost for the hidden ability of Dusk Lycanroc. The wolf needs be become relevant in competitive.

EDIT:Someone ACTUALLY predicted the Dusk form's design spot on!
(With a few additions you people were requesting from the official design!)
Lycanroc Dawn/Dusk form (midday/midnight fusion)
TFW even fanart has the common sense to at least give the fusion midnight's eyestyle/face/literally anything else than what we got...

Not sure if to laugh or..

i almost feel like there was gray in the corocoro cover lycanroc, but then again the shadows on midnight form's official art are pretty dark too

i almost feel like there was gray in the corocoro cover lycanroc, but then again the shadows on midnight form's official art are pretty dark too
I can't wait for the corocoro scans to leak, tbh, but moreso because I wanna know if there's anything there besides the wolf paintjob

I also want to know why it's red, though

I hope Midnight atleast gets a Z-Move or something, if not a form based on itself. As much as I hate it, it needs something to make itself distinct.

(Off Topic: @Niyuura's 'carrotwolf' name has inspired me to go get a female Dusk Lycanroc and name it 'Carotte' (French for carrot)!)

I hope Midnight atleast gets a Z-Move or something, if not a form based on itself. As much as I hate it, it needs something to make itself distinct.

(Off Topic: @Niyuura's 'carrotwolf' name has inspired me to go get a female Dusk Lycanroc and name it 'Carotte' (French for carrot)!)
May gamefreak hear your words and give it something. It was shafted from the start with that "it signatur move is counter hurrdurr" stuff.. Accelrock would even be an improvement over nothing

OT: o/ Inspiration comes from the strangest of places

I unfortunately have a feeling Dusk form Lycanroc will have the exact same stats as Midday.
The changes in design (the very little ones) don't justify more bulk or less speed imo.
I wonder if it gets a new exclusive move tho.

Edit: Let's hope it gets some new ability to at least make it more viable.
(I predict disappointment here tho)

Back
Top Bottom