• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread (V2)

From what I am seeing, I don't think that there will be a Dawn Lycanroc, not only does the Japanese name translate to Twilight Lycanroc, the French, Italian and Spanish names call it Crepuscular Lycanroc and the German calls it Twilight Lycanroc. For some reason I think that the Dusk form might have been a mistranslation, but I do enjoy the Dusk Lycanroc. If I had to guess, two of its abilities would be Vital Spirit and Steadfast and that Keen Eye will be replaced either with an existing ability or a new ability in Ultra Sun and Ultra Moon. After all, they did add new abilities and moves in Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire.

From what I am seeing, I don't think that there will be a Dawn Lycanroc, not only does the Japanese name translate to Twilight Lycanroc, the French, Italian and Spanish names call it Crepuscular Lycanroc
https://en.m.wiktionary.org/wiki/黄昏

Apparently "Tasogare" is associated with both Dusk and Twilight. A Dawn ("Yoake" according to google translate) form, though weird, is not out of question.

EDIT:/vp/ - Why is it called "Dusk Form"? Are the English tran - Pokémon - 4chan

As someone who speaks Japanese Tasogare is almost exclusively used for sunset. (It's also not a nornal dialogue word, it's mostly used in poems and songs and not casual speech) Same goes for twilight for that matter, yes it can mean both but before people started arguing about this I've only ever seen it used for dusk. My entire life I've never heard a single person describe the time before Dawn as twilight

French speakers on the same thread also replied that their translation of the form is also mostly used to mean Dusk.

but anyway,i think that the special way to get him...

will be in a demo,like ASH greninja
in the video we saw rockruff evolves normally so it just means a special evolution condition maybe and this form does not exist directly in the wild

but anyway there is an ash-rockruff in the future :rolleyes:

how little people nowadays demand from GF..

ain't that the truth

TFW even fanart has the common sense to at least give the fusion midnight's eyestyle/face/literally anything else than what we got...

Not sure if to laugh or..

Yeah, exactly... all the fanart I've seen had better design ideas. Even though I don't hate Dusk, it's a lazy design and fans have done better and added common sense details...

Fuck no pls. That would be horrible. Just give it an in-game evolution method.

Last edited:
Not sure how well this would go over, but what if there is a Dawn and a Dusk form... and let's say one has Midday's moveset with Midnight's abilities, and the other has the opposite. It'd be just as lazy as the Dusk wolf's design (as much as I like it, I do have to admit that it's an orange Midday with Midnight's fluff copy-pasted to its head) but I have no clue how well that combo would work competitively, considering I don't battle, either.

I tend to avoid the fanart of speculated evolutions just to try avoiding disappointment tbh. Usually it helps.

but anyway,i think that the special way to get him...

No. They showed a regular Rockruff evolving into it. It'll likely just have to be in a certain area during dawn/dusk.

Also, I'm quite confused on the whole Lycanroc thing. Since according to the ones that speak Japanese/French, the "Twilight/Tasogare Form" leans more towards dusk instead of dawn, yet twilight itself occurs during sunrise and sunset... Is there even a chance for a Dawn Form? What about the Midday in the trailer, which is looking more like a Totem since it's between the Togedemaru and Mimikyu? Wouldn't Midnight be the Totem for Ultra Moon instead? All we've found were placeholders for four extra forms (Midnight, Dusk, and either two Totems or Dawn & one Totem).

I'd rather just avoid being disappointed and expect us to get two Totems instead of a fourth form. The CoroCoro is likely just Dusk. Remember this isn't the first time the colors don't match. Look at Alolan Diglett.

I tend to avoid the fanart of speculated evolutions just to try avoiding disappointment tbh. Usually it helps.

No. They showed a regular Rockruff evolving into it. It'll likely just have to be in a certain area during dawn/dusk.

Also, I'm quite confused on the whole Lycanroc thing. Since according to the ones that speak Japanese/French, the "Twilight/Tasogare Form" leans more towards dusk instead of dawn, yet twilight itself occurs during sunrise and sunset... Is there even a chance for a Dawn Form? What about the Midday in the trailer, which is looking more like a Totem since it's between the Togedemaru and Mimikyu? Wouldn't Midnight be the Totem for Ultra Moon instead? All we've found were placeholders for four extra forms (Midnight, Dusk, and either two Totems or Dawn & one Totem).

I'd rather just avoid being disappointed and expect us to get two Totems instead of a fourth form. The CoroCoro is likely just Dusk. Remember this isn't the first time the colors don't match. Look at Alolan Diglett.

People hold onto hope for a dawn form because the name is more specified towards dusk rather than dawn/neutral twilight.. Even japanese people commenting on the dusk form are asking about a dawn form/want to see a dawn form... All that said though, as much as I want a dawn wolf, I think we are stuck with only dusk because then Ash's rockruff can remain "unique"

As for totems, we already established that there doesn't have to necessarily be a split of midday/midnight totems between games, assuming midday shown the trailer is even a totem that is.

Yes, it is the natural thing people presume because the wolves were game-exclusive, but they were not game-exclusive in every single appearance they have, so it's anybody's guess at this point..corocoro will hopefully clear up at least some of these things...
Not sure how well this would go over, but what if there is a Dawn and a Dusk form... and let's say one has Midday's moveset with Midnight's abilities, and the other has the opposite. It'd be just as lazy as the Dusk wolf's design (as much as I like it, I do have to admit that it's an orange Midday with Midnight's fluff copy-pasted to its head) but I have no clue how well that combo would work competitively, considering I don't battle, either.

At this point, this is what I hope for, but I know it's likely not gonna happen (dawn wolf with midnight design)

But the swapped abilities/moveset honestly doesn't make them any better than the existing wolves we have..they are in dire need of a stat buff and a movepool buff

Idk why people keep saying this new Lycanroc form will be just like Ash Greninja just because it's appearing in the anime before in-game release. We have had plenty of this treatment (Ho-oh, Lugia, Slowking, Wailmer, Bonsly, Zorua etc etc etc) and many "third version" games have introduced new forms. All of them since Emerald, in fact. So I don't think this will parallel Ash-Greninja treatment at all.

I think it would be pretty cool if Professor Kukui got a Dawn form Lycanroc, to round out the roster. We've already got Olivia with Midday, Gladion with Midnight, and now Ash with Dusk. So giving Kukui the fourth and final form would be rad.

Watch, Hau will finally show up and he'll have Dawn-roc with him.

People hold onto hope for a dawn form because the name is more specified towards dusk rather than dawn/neutral twilight.. Even japanese people commenting on the dusk form are asking about a dawn form/want to see a dawn form... All that said though, as much as I want a dawn wolf, I think we are stuck with only dusk because then Ash's rockruff can remain "unique"

I can understand why people want a Dawn Form, especially because of the English name (and this looking more like Midday), but I'm just quite confused about the whole "twilight" thing. I do feel like it'd be better if everyone just expected it to be one form, because nothing has been hinting at a fourth form so far, especially since there was only one placeholder image (Dusk), while Mimikyu had 2 (Totem forms) and Raticate had one (Totem).

EDIT: Also, it should be noted someone brought this up in the thread posted earlier: "Yes, yes in french. Almost nobody use "twilight" as "dawn" but it's still legit. Twilight fits for both, dusk and dawn, even if most of people around the world only use it for dusk.".

As for totems, we already established that there doesn't have to necessarily be a split of midday/midnight totems between games, assuming midday shown the trailer is even a totem that is.

Yes, it is the natural thing people presume because the wolves were game-exclusive, but they were not game-exclusive in every single appearance they have, so it's anybody's guess at this point..corocoro will hopefully clear up at least some of these things...

Eh, I only just brought that up because it'd make sense for them to do it, they already had version-exclusive Totems in Sun/Moon, but with Gumshoos and Raticate, both of which tend to during day and night respectively. If they were to have Midday as a Totem, then they'd likely pull the same thing, but with Midday/Midnight. We should hopefully get clear information in the next batch of news.

I can understand why people want a Dawn Form, especially because of the English name (and this looking more like Midday), but I'm just quite confused about the whole "twilight" thing. I do feel like it'd be better if everyone just expected it to be one form, because nothing has been hinting at a fourth form so far, especially since there was only one placeholder image (Dusk), while Mimikyu had 2 (Totem forms) and Raticate had one (Totem).

At this point, I'm not sure that it's so much that people "want" another copy-paste wolf as much as we feel like it may happen based on the name and the fact that the lycanroc form on the CoroCoro cover doesn't exactly appear to be orange. Like... there's reason for speculation, but not necessarily much desire for it? XD I don't feel like a whole lot of people would be disappointed if a Dawn form didn't show. I know I, for one, think it's very possible, but I'm sure not holding my breath.

and the fact that the lycanroc form on the CoroCoro cover doesn't exactly appear to be orange.

I did bring up Alolan Diglett earlier, it's likely just the same situation as it, but it'd be a darker orange maybe? It also looks more like Midday's head imo, but the fact that it's blurry doesn't help.

110px-050Diglett-Alola.png

Spr_7s_050A.png

Yet Alolan Diglett's skin in the games is exactly the same as the regular one, while in the artwork (and anime), they're clearly two different colors.

I did bring up Alolan Diglett earlier, it's likely just the same situation as it, but it'd be a darker orange maybe? It also looks more like Midday's head imo, but the fact that it's blurry doesn't help.

Spr_7s_050A.png

Yet Alolan Diglett's skin in the games is exactly the same as the regular one, while in the artwork (and anime), they're clearly two different colors.
Be that as it may, dreamworld art is always darker colored than the game model, that's fine

But we have seen carrotwolf in the anime and it is still a carrotwolf that matches the game model's colors more or less

At the very least, there is no way any of those colors make the red seen in the corocoro cover, but that's not to say I think the cover wolf is a different wolf, cause I don't

Be that as it may, dreamworld art is always darker colored than the game model, that's fine

It's Sugimori art, not Dream World art.

But we have seen carrotwolf in the anime and it is still a carrotwolf that matches the game model's colors more or less

At the very least, there is no way any of those colors make the red seen in the corocoro cover, but that's not to say I think the cover wolf is a different wolf, cause I don't

You do have a point about the anime, though I do think it's red because of the blurryness, of course I'd be happy to be proven wrong about it and we get another wolf.

Spr_7s_050A.png

Yeah, and it wouldn't even be the worst discrepancy between the official art and the game models.

ZcSpBeK.png

That honor goes to Mega Sharpedo. If they fail to accurately represent giant nose spikes, then they can be off a bit with coloring.

And also, do we really think a hypothetical Dawn Lycanroc would be the same color as Midnight, yet have basically the same face as Mdday? Red's not really a color associated with dawn, unlike dusk/sunset and orange.

Yeah, and it wouldn't even be the worst discrepancy between the official art and the game models.

ZcSpBeK.png

That honor goes to Mega Sharpedo. If they fail to accurately represent giant nose spikes, then they can be off a bit with coloring.

And also, do we really think a hypothetical Dawn Lycanroc would be the same color as Midnight, yet have basically the same face as Mdday? Red's not really a color associated with dawn, unlike dusk/sunset and orange.
TFW i never noticed that lol ..maybe because I never cared about sharpedo. Wow though.

I by no means think the coro wolf is a different wolf, especially not a dawn wolf, because it would just mean a second midday recolor, but a part of me thinks there is a slight chance corocoro itself can hide a dawn wolf (or game freak could be hiding one for a later reveal)

I rather not have a "Dawn Form" of Lycanroc, because I don't want another Mashup of Lycanroc, since "Dusk Form" Lycanroc is some sort of fusion of Midday and Midnight form. I wouldn't mind if we have a Totem Forms of Lycanroc, like @Tuoko said it might be one Lycanroc form is the rest of them a regular Midday, Midnight, and Totem (Midday Totem Form in Ultra Sun and Midnight Totem form in Ultra Moon) form.

Back
Top Bottom