• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Rumours/Fakes/Leaks Discussion Thread

Do you like fakes/leaks season?

• I love it!

Votes: 227 52.2%
  • Yeah

Votes: 81 18.6%
  • Doesn't bother me

Votes: 76 17.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 4.6%
  • Hate it.

Votes: 31 7.1%

• Total voters
Will there be 1 big dump at the end. Depending where you go, it;s hard to tell what's right, ive seen one source say 81 new pokemon, and another say 143. Some say the starter evos do have splits, and even have artwork, others say nope, just the ones we've already seen.
The data mining only had one set of final starters and 81 new Pokemon counting UBs.

The alternate form theory is pretty much dead.

I expect the secret to be Z-Crystal related or just nothing at all.

The data mining only had one set of final starters and 81 new Pokemon counting UBs.

The alternate form theory is pretty much dead.

I expect the secret to be Z-Crystal related or just nothing at all.

Ah cool never liked the split idea, I'm buying Moon but want Rockruff Sun evo)

But 81 new Pokemon including 8 UBs, take out the UB and you've got 73, or 1 more than XY :/

Guess the days of 100+ are over

Any updates from the riddler? I think the Red Cross is the yellow/silver UB.. Not sure about the lava (?) and Marshadow's pattern.

Any explanation?

I really don't think we've got everything.
The Strange Souvenir Poke is missing, plus some of the Riddlers hints (Aritstotle?)

Also the people who were allowed to play the opening for 2 hours said there was an unreleased pokemon early on before the first trial, none of what we've seen today, would fit that description of an early encounter not yet seen.

The Strange Souvenir Poke is missing

The Strange Souvenir is one of the island guardians, according to the Riddler. I'm guessing it just resembles the trinket more when it's folded up.

Also, I don't think we can say that Aristotle isn't there, after Silvally's riddle was so abstract. We are almost certainly missing the relevant context.

So,

Dolphin = Narwhal Tapu?
Snowman = Crabrawler evo?
2 stage cat = Type Null?? (I realize that ones a bit of a stretch but considering how it's the only thing even close to resembling a cat in the full Dex that's not Meowth and having a type gimmick... I'm willing to chalk it up as somewhat misinformed leak like there has been in the past)

I thought Aristotle pointed towards the Ultra Beasts.

So,

Dolphin = Narwhal Tapu?
2 stage cat = Type Null?? (I realize that ones a bit of a stretch but considering how it's the only thing even close to resembling a cat in the full Dex that's not Meowth and having a type gimmick... I'm willing to chalk it up as somewhat misinformed leak like there has been in the past)
I find it weird that the leaker would confuse a Tapu for a dolphin but honestly everything else you said sounds decently plausible in the realm of misinformation.
It's also slightly weird that the reviewers who played 2h of gameplay said they encounter unrevealed Pokémon.
At this point I think hoping there are still Pokémon that weren't found in the datamine is just wishful thinking but i can't help myself. (I really wanted to see at least Komala evolve!)

Edit: Actually, I just downloaded KazoWar's Zip file with the sprites and there are two images between Gumshoos and Grubbin that are blank! I wonder if this means anything! I'll go check for more of these!

The Riddler is awfully silent today. I expected maybe he will update his pokedex blocks with the datamined data.

I find it weird that the leaker would confuse a Tapu for a dolphin but honestly everything else you said sounds decently plausible in the realm of misinformation.
It's also slightly weird that the reviewers who played 2h of gameplay said they encounter unrevealed Pokémon.
At this point I think hoping there are still Pokémon that weren't found in the datamine is just wishful thinking but i can't help myself. (I really wanted to see at least Komala evolve!)

Edit: Actually, I just downloaded KazoWar's Zip file with the sprites and there are two images between Gumshoos and Grubbin that are blank! I wonder if this means anything! I'll go check for more of these!
Supposedly for Totem Pokemon.

So,

Dolphin = Narwhal Tapu?

This all checks out to me (well accept for the dolphin honestly but Idk what it was supposed to be).
Also AWWW!:cry:
Shit I just realized this means no breeding cat! That was probably one of the most interesting ideas floating around.

I honestly think it's Dark/Fairy
I could see that. Especially since when I looked it up it seemed like we don't actually have one. That's pretty unique all right. It might be a counterpart of Magearna.

Okay going back to what I said above.
There are 14 blank images between the Pokémon's Dex sprites that were datamined. This means (in theory) there are still 7 Pokémon to be found, since the other 7 images are their shiny forms. (This assuming that these are all new Pokémon and neither of them have forms.
There are 2 images between Gumshoos and Grubbin. = 1 Pokémon and it's shiny
2 more between Vikavolt and Crabrawler. = 1 Pokémon and it's shiny
2 between Salandit's Evolution and Snufful. = 1 Pokémon and it's shiny
4 between Mimikyu and Bruxish. = 2 Pokémon and their shiny
and finally 2 between Kommo-o and Tapu Koko. = 1 Pokémon and it's shiny

This means that there is one standalone Pokémon between Gumshoos and Grubbin and another standalone Pokémon after Vikavolt but before Crabrawler. (matching the unrevealed early route pokémons spoken before in here).
Another standalone Pokémon between Lurantis and Morelul, Salandit's Evo and Snufful and Kommo-o and Tapu Koko.
Adding to the list of Standalone Pokémon Alola has. But then you have two slots between Mimikyu and Bruxish.
This could either mean a line of two staged Pokémon, an Evolution of Mimikyu and a new standalone Pokémon, a standalone Pokémon and a pre-evo of Bruxish, or an evolution of Mimikyu and a pre-evo of Bruxish.

This is IF the blank spaces are new Pokémon. The other theory is that they are the Totem Pokémon Sprites!

Meaning that Gumshoos, Vikavolt, Lurantis, Salandit's Evo and Kommo-o are Totem Pokémon. But the 2 spots between Mimikyu and Bruxish are what's off about that theory. If it was only one spot we would also assume Mimikyu to be a Totem Pokémon but then what about the other mysterious spot?
Also to note that Alolan Raticate DOES also have a blank spot after it, helping boost the theory that the missing images are indeed Totem Sprites.

What do you guys think?

There are 14 blank images between the Pokémon's Dex sprites that were datamined. This means (in theory) there are still 7 Pokémon to be found, since the other 7 images are their shiny forms. (This assuming that these are all new Pokémon and neither of them have forms.

This means that there is one standalone Pokémon between Gumshoos and Grubbin and another standalone Pokémon after Vikavolt but before Crabrawler. (matching the unrevealed early route pokémons spoken before in here).
Another standalone Pokémon between Lurantis and Morelul, Salandit's Evo and Snufful and Kommo-o and Tapu Koko.
Adding to the list of Standalone Pokémon Alola has. But then you have two slots between Mimikyu and Bruxish.
This could either mean a line of two staged Pokémon, an Evolution of Mimikyu and a new standalone Pokémon, a standalone Pokémon and a pre-evo of Bruxish, or an evolution of Mimikyu and a pre-evo of Bruxish.

This is IF the blank spaces are new Pokémon. The other theory is that they are the Totem Pokémon Sprites!

Meaning that Gumshoos, Vikavolt, Lurantis, Salandit's Evo and Kommo-o are Totem Pokémon. But the 2 spots between Mimikyu and Bruxish are what's off about that theory. If it was only one spot we would also assume Mimikyu to be a Totem Pokémon but then what about the other mysterious spot?
Also to note that Alolan Raticate DOES also have a blank spot after it, helping boost the theory that the missing images are indeed Totem Sprites.

What do you guys think?
i thought they were not in order??
plz no more stand alone pokemon...

What do you guys think?

The second Kommo-o in the demo was definitely a Totem. Does that change anything?

The second Kommo-o in the demo was definitely a Totem. Does that change anything?
The blank image is after Kommo-o and not Hakamo-o (the one we actually fought in the demo) so it actually doesn't help at all. I'm guessing in the actual game you'll find a Totem Komoo-o and not a Hakamo-o.
I'm leaning towards the blank spaces being the Totem Sprites right now but the 2 blank slots between Mimikyu and Bruxish is what makes me not be certain.
Unfortunately there were no blank spots after Komala.

i thought they were not in order??
plz no more stand alone pokemon...
The images have numbers. They go from Kanto Pokémon to Alola but there are a lot of missing Pokémon in between (This most likely is the list of Pokémon available in Alola)
This also probably reveals the new Pokémon order in the National Dex.

The blank image is after Kommo-o and not Hakamo-o (the one we actually fought in the demo) so it actually doesn't help at all.
Eh. There's no law that the demo-exclusive Totem Pokemon has to be placed right after the respective Pokemon rather than its evolution.

It is fairly obvious that the blanks correspond to Totem Pokemon. It is no coincidence that two appear after Gumshoo and Lurantis. Mimikyu having four blanks after it makes sense since it has four variants itself (it has two poses).

Back
Top Bottom