• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Running from Wild Pokemon...

Reaction score
Pronouns
  1. He/Him
While I understand why you can't run from trainers battles (you would be admitting defeat if you did), I don't understand why you can't run from wild Pokemon. Like, just recall your Pokemon and run. If the wild Pokemon is faster than yours, how does this prevent you from being able to recall your Pokemon? I don't get it.

While I understand why you can't run from trainers battles (you would be admitting defeat if you did), I don't understand why you can't run from wild Pokemon. Like, just recall your Pokemon and run. If the wild Pokemon is faster than yours, how does this prevent you from being able to recall your Pokemon? I don't get it.
Because if your Pokemon is slower than the opposing wild Pokemon, it isn't fast enough to escape, I guess?

But, it should not matter if all the trainer has to do is point the Poke Ball and have the Pokemon return to it.
I guess it's because the opposing wild Pokemon would then attack the trainer, so they need a Pokemon out to protect themselves.

Last edited:
In Scarlet/Violet you can run from trainers, but it counts as a loss.

...And honestly, I don't know why we can't run from Pokemon who are faster. Maybe they're just so fast they run in front of your Pokemon to prevent escape?

I guess it's because the opposing wild Pokemon would then attack the trainer, so they need a Pokemon out to pretect themselves.
This was always my understanding, and why Oak runs to the rescue whenever you make for the long grass. The Trainer needs their partner Pokémon to cover their escape, lest they take a Hyper Fang to the head.

Please note: The thread is from 10 months ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom