• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S09 EP13: Queen of the Serpentine! ・ EP14: Off the Unbeaten Path

What's DVR? Oh well. Let's get to work...

Funny stuff: Watching Brock "blast off" for the first time, Max and Munchlax barreling through the forest, Meowth wearing a James wig!

See, I did not lie. Funny Maddie, I wonder what Andy does look like, I've never seen any pics of him.

andrew_rannells.jpg

Here's Andy Rannells. You know he was in Pokemon Live before he became a VA?

Many seiyuus also have singing careers, and most English VAs don't.

Also, many Seiyuus are alot more prominent and star in more then cartoons aimed for kids (I don't mean that in an insulting way).

Andy Rennels is also a great singer, he played James in Pokemon Live! And I believe he played Alladin in the Soundtrack for the movie???

You know, the more I learn about voice actors, the more I wonder why almost no one admires them as much as seiyuus in Japan.
I dunno, in the fandom of the Teen Titans cartoon series, their VAs are very well-liked, especially Hynden Walch (Starfire) and Tara Strong (Raven). Strong has done a wide variety of voices on different projects, even several video games, including voicing Rikku in Final Fantasy IX.

Uh, lots of English voice actors have careers outside voice acting, too. For example, Andy Rannells is also an actor in musicals, Eric Stuart has a band, Maddie Blaustein is a comedic actress...

I dunno, in the fandom of the Teen Titans cartoon series, their VAs are very well-liked, especially Hynden Walch (Starfire) and Tara Strong (Raven). Strong has done a wide variety of voices on different projects, even several video games, including voicing Rikku in Final Fantasy IX.

Really? Interesting. Maybe the fan-worship levels vary.

I mean they don't have any big Hollywood roles really......

Although, I would love too see some of the 4kids, Ocean Group, and all the other VAs that do Cartoons in the next CG movie.

Really? Interesting. Maybe the fan-worship levels vary.

It's probably because the Stuart, Taylor, and them are associated with 4kids......which is a shame, because they are good VAs, it's more the fault of the script and casting directors.

*skips reading all the above comments*

Unfortunately, I overslept, so I ended up missing both Battle Frontier episodes today. ;_;

Aww, now I'll never know whether Sarah's Ash voice has improved or not (and I have to watch the episodes for myself to be able to judge this, I can't just listen to what someone on here says, if you know what I mean).

CN will probably NEVER reair these because all they've been doing is having 2 new episods after 2 new episodes. Why are they doing this to me, why? X_X

I feel terrible right now.

Huh? They do?

Woah, on Sunday's? That's pretty weird......

Anyway though, even if they do reair episodes on Sunday's, it definitely wouldn't be these episodes, because they just aired them today. ;_;

Ah, well it's better then KidsWB considering you would usually have to wait months to see it again.....

Brock in "Off the Unbeaten Path" I'd like to get it on with you, Nurse Joy! >_<

I just gained respect for Lucy. She's hot in the animé.

Lucy: Hello, sweethearts! It's nice to look into those adorable eyes of yours! They remindme of someone I met earlier today...

If you noticed...ALL of her Pokémon at her house (Snorlax, Makuhita, Skitty, Swinub, and Abra) had Brock's "line-eyes"!

What's DVR? Oh well. Let's get to work...
o_O you don't know? Digital Video Recorder, aka Tivo.
Funny stuff: Watching Brock "blast off" for the first time, Max and Munchlax barreling through the forest, Meowth wearing a James wig!
I agree, I laughed at the stuff you mentioned. The funniest being Meowth with a James wig ^^. Another was what James said towards the end, about bad apples, haha

Ash sounded good, but dropped emotion, that's a surprise....moving on....... I saw the preview for next weeks and I hate Harleys new Va so far! It litterally sounded like Tracy! Ughhh! It sounds so much like Ted Lewis its not even funny ;_;

Yeah, the anime made her like squinty-eyes as well as snakies.

Btw, Tracey's new VA is on the Learning League Site...

(the video called Mean Median Mode Range)

He sounds pretty good, of course, I wouldn't put my money on this being the voice they use when he actually appears in the show.

Aww......

This isn't fair.

I mean, Pokemon is a show that actually has continuation in it, so that means since I missed these 2 episodes, then I have to miss next Saturday's episodes too (think about it, if I watch them, then what's going on in those episodes won't make any sense to me!!).

This sucks. I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life. :bawling:

EDIT: It looks like I'm the only person who missed these episodes. Great, now I feel even worse...... X_X

What?

You can watch the episodes next week and won't be missing anything really, except Ash got his next symbol like expected.

AND Pokemon is a show you can pick up anytime...

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom