• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S09 EP13: Queen of the Serpentine! ・ EP14: Off the Unbeaten Path

Exactly!

That's the whole point!

If I miss something big and important in Pokemon, AND they mention it in the episodes, it just makes me that much more upset because I wish I hadn't missed that episode. :-(

Mentioning that something happened, which I MISSED only makes it worse.

Well, while Pokemon does have continuity, it's not like it's the most plot-heavy show ever created, and most episodes are fairly self-sustained. Nothing important that will affect later episodes happened in either of these two episodes, with the exception of Ash getting another symbol and some minor dialoge to tie the plot together ("there's a contest held in town blah" "yay, let's go there"). Nothing that will lessen the enjoyment of late episodes.

After the excellent Tucker episode, "Queen of the Serpentine" was really a letdown.

Starting off with Team Rocket at the beginning doesn't really set a good tone for the rest of the episode. All the disguises except Jessie's were particularly bad.....you would think after how many years Ash would see trouble when there's a blue-haired guy with a Meowth and a Wobbuffet, but therein is the foolishness of it all.......

Lucy's personality was so dull. Besides the fact that she was what---the third?---girl to have the hots for Brock, and her collection of squinty-eyed Pokémon, she was just oh-so-boring. It's sad that my fanfic version of her, in which she is a total slut who bangs everything in sight, is more interesting than the official one.

Barbara was a real bitch. If I were Lucy, I wouldn't even want her around as my "sister".......on the other hand, that referee was HAWT.

The chant Lucy's entourage kept saying was the most annoying thing since Greta and "oish."

And of course, still more beyond-mediocre acting from Sarah Natochenny and Jimmy Zoppi. At least Zoppi didn't have a huge role in this episode.

All in all, this one was a real disappointment. The only redeeming qualities for me were the appearance of Milotic and the great parts with Brock.

Next week: Harley and Solana return!

I'm still mad that one of the coolest Pokemon ever made didn't do much in this episode, despite it being the main "focus" of Lucy...

DAMN MILOTIC! DAMN YOU TO HELL!

Pifft, I'd rather kick it's butt anytime. Many of the Pokemon you like I could own really easily. Not that I don't like Milotic mind you.

Also, I don't find Lucy that actractive. There's other anime girls that I think are even more actractive then her.

I thought you where talking about Milotic. Though, I do know that Seviper's one of the harder Poison types to use[ D/P not with standing]. And of course, Lucy's signature Pokemon.

Though, Seviper does get to learn many cool moves in D/P.

That's why I'm upset that the Pokemon Lucy and the Battle Pike take after was shafted for Milotic............

The writers should of just changed Lucy's outift and the Battle Pike then...

EDIT: Yup, imported Seviper to DP today too get him some cool moves (plus, his DP sprite is AWESOME!)

Street Sharks. *shrug* He VA'd the tiger shark, Streex. 40-or-so episodes of absolute CRAP animation, all the genetic mishaps a fan could handle, and him flirting away with every pretty creature on two legs (embarrassingly so).

God I love that show. *hearts* And I wouldn't blame any of the VAs if they never wanted to remember that chapter of their lives. 8D

I mean, Pokemon is a show that actually has continuation in it, so that means since I missed these 2 episodes, then I have to miss next Saturday's episodes too (think about it, if I watch them, then what's going on in those episodes won't make any sense to me!!).
The real flow of continuity starts next week. If you miss those episodes just because you didn't see Ash get the symbol, then you're going to have to miss it for the following two weeks as well.
This sucks. I hate my life, I hate my life, I hate my life. :bawling:
You must have a pretty good life in general if this makes you that upset...

Huh? What did you say, Dogasu? That you were mad that Seviper was shafted in place of Seviper? That you were upset because you missed a week? You told someone that Pokémon isn't plot-dependant and you can miss two episodes without being confused? That you liked Andy Rannells's career?

Too many conversations going on. o.o

Oh its definetly about Andrew Rannels, he's to much of a cutie.

Maddie: Dats right ::big grin:::

J/K ^^

I saw that Orienteering episode before Opera yesterday. Really enjoyed everything that was going on, even if the episode wasn't that action-packed. James and Mime Jr. were adorable, as were May and Eevee. Ash should have given Pikachu the day off and used Muk as his partner.

Contests and Badge/Symbol battles always seem to be on when I am out of the house. Bother.

Time for another music update.

Queen of the Serpentine

The dub only kept four pieces of original music and nothing in particular stood out. Pretty unimpressive considering inwas a gyme battle episode.

Off the Unbeaten Path

Once again, the Dub only kept four pieces of music. I was hoping they would keep since PUSA has used rather unique pieces of music in recent episodes before this one. It's really hard to tell what they do and do not have the rights to use. I'll admit, some of their dub-over music is decent, but I can't emphasize enough how important it is to keep as much non-vocal music as possible given the strong quality and ability to fit the scene perfectly in many instances.

Speaking of dub-over music, I've noticed a pattern. With the exception of Sweet Baby James, every odd numbered Battle Frontier episode has used dub music created by PUSA while every even numbered episode has used 4Kids music in the dub. It's really schizophrenic and I with they'd make up their minds. Either Pokemon USA should use 4Kids stock music, their own music, or a combination of both in each episode, but don't go back and forth.

I loved the orienteering episode. Ash's new VA is slowly improving. There's a little more emotion in her voice now, although she's not up to Taylor-level Ash yet. James and Manene ftw!

Please note: The thread is from 18 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom