• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S10 EP41: A Stand-Up Sit-Down!

Jigglypuff sounded pretty much exactly the same as in 4Kids, I thought.

As for my overall thoughts on Pokemon BGM, I absolutely love it. I like both the Japanese BGM and the 4Kids BGM. The Japanese BGM is awesome because they have remixes of songs from the games. <3 And I think the 4Kids music is very good, personally (I like synthesized music a lot, because my favorite kind of music is from video games, lol). Oh, and I prefer the 4Kids music over the music that Pokemon USA uses.
I do agree, I am just curious what makes them decide to change the music.

My thoughts would be for continuity's sake. As much as I'd love for PUSA to just drop their own and 4kids music one episode, I know that it's probably not going to happen; it'd be awkward. Now, if they eventually phased it out, like using a majority of Japanese BGM for the final ten or so episodes of the season, and then opened next season with purely Japanese BGM, then I wouldn't find it so strange.

However, I agree with mogoldmember. Judging by the way they organize their music, they're under some sort of contract.

My thoughts would be for continuity's sake. As much as I'd love for PUSA to just drop their own and 4kids music one episode, I know that it's probably not going to happen; it'd be awkward. Now, if they eventually phased it out, like using a majority of Japanese BGM for the final ten or so episodes of the season, and then opened next season with purely Japanese BGM, then I wouldn't find it so strange.

However, I agree with mogoldmember. Judging by the way they organize their music, they're under some sort of contract.

That's my vote.

Maybe when that contract is done for, they can use the Japanese BGM?

Or is there something else I'm not aware of?.....=/

I learned two things:

1. Shellos' name
2. Zoey sounded sick on the ep. Yea!

I disliked this ep. Not just for Zoey, but The battle seemed off.

Anyway, I liked the Route 210 music

Last edited:
I'm suprised she could move with her ankle sprained. This was the best Anti-Zoey ep.

She did sound like Ash.

That's my vote.

Maybe when that contract is done for, they can use the Japanese BGM?

Or is there something else I'm not aware of?.....=/

But then why did 4Kids change it in the first place? :/ Surely its cheaper just to use the original than to bother to make their own?

I notice the BGM a lot, especially PUSAs because, I dunno, it seems so much more interfering. I'm thinking of one piece in particular that was used quite a lot at the very start of Battle Frontier episodes while they were walking along.

Anyone think that there might be a slight chance of Dawn and Marina meeting? Marina's been in 2 episodes now and she didn't have to be in any at all.

I agree with everyone about Zoey.

She did sound a lot like Ash!!

Especially at the part when she accepted Jessie's challenge.

That sounded....very weird. O_O

Lisa, when a game song is converted into a live orchestral one for the anime, it's called "arranging", not "rearranging". Just thought I'd let you know :)
Oh....

My mistake. ^^;

Last edited:
They shouldn't have made Zoey a totally friendly rival. I know the other type of rivalries such as Ash/Gary, Ash/Paul, or May/Drew, May/Harley are overdone...but Zoey is way too friendly with Dawn to keep their dynamic interesting.

Considering Zoey is going to be around for at least the next three years, it really makes me wonder how far they can stretch this. They're really starting to remind me of Ash/Richie, only with different Pokemon. :/

Ash's sudden adeptness in contest battling was...interesting. Quick Attack with a Swift trail was nice, but it's not something that it seems like he could have done off of the top of his head that way. Oh, well.

I enjoy contest battles for the creative use of attacks, and double performances allow them to take things much further. The battles were really what made the episode, so I'm looking forward to seeing more. It's a bit of a shame that Buizel won't get his ice shield, though.

It was interesting to see Jessie approach the twerps as 'Jessalina', but it probably would have benefited her more if she had acted a little more friendly. Also, every time that Meowth wears a costume and no one notices, I die a little inside.

Incidentally...am I the only one who doesn't hate Zoey? Sure, the sprained ankle thing was lame, but I rather like the friendly rival approach. Paul keeps things interesting as far as non-Rocket antagonism goes, but it's also nice to have a rival out there who wouldn't leave Ash and co. to rot, given the choice.

All in all, a decent filler, but nothing to write home about.

They shouldn't have made Zoey a totally friendly rival. I know the other type of rivalries such as Ash/Gary, Ash/Paul, or May/Drew, May/Harley are overdone...but Zoey is way too friendly with Dawn to keep their dynamic interesting.

Considering Zoey is going to be around for at least the next three years, it really makes me wonder how far they can stretch this. They're really starting to remind me of Ash/Richie, only with different Pokemon. :/
Brock leaves, Zoey comes. It's a perfect setup! :D

Incidentally...am I the only one who doesn't hate Zoey? Sure, the sprained ankle thing was lame, but I rather like the friendly rival approach. Paul keeps things interesting as far as non-Rocket antagonism goes, but it's also nice to have a rival out there who wouldn't leave Ash and co. to rot, given the choice.

I agree with all of that. Nozomi is the friendly rival, and Shinji is the rival you want to die. It balances out pretty well if you ask me. Though the fact that all of Hikari's rivals are friendly is a bit odd. They need to make Musashi more of a rival or else things could get pretty dull.

If Jessie became the main antagonistic rival to Dawn, that would be a good way to take things and it would justify the way that she acts as 'Jessalina'. Of course, Team Rocket hasn't been a serious threat since the third episode, so I doubt that that will happen. Still, you make a good point; Dawn needs a 'rival that you want to die'. She and Zoey are friends, Nando seems like a pretty nice guy, Jessie is never going to be a threat, so that leaves Kenny. Kenny already annoys me to absolutely no end, so if he became that rival, I wouldn't mind.

Nozomi is the friendly rival, and Shinji is the rival you want to die.

Well, certain people in the fandom would probably like Zoey to die too ^^.

Was it just me, or did Zoey seem a little mean at the very beginning, when she made some comments about Dawn talking too much? Maybe deep down Zoey actualy *doesn't* like Dawn very much, but is hiding it. (or maybe the dub just made the lines sound worse)

"Dawn talks too much"? I'm sure the only thing she said about how Dawn talks is that Dawn always say cute things

Heh, I can't ever see Jessie being a serious threat to Dawn. Are we forgetting that Dawn has already beaten her in battle a couple of times now?

Personally I think Zoey is only pretending to be nice to Dawn and she is really looking for ways to mess her up... I might be wrong but only time will tell...

Please note: The thread is from 16 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom