• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S11 EP24: Pruning a Passel of Pals!

But aside from being extremely bored, I also like naming a lot. I know it probably sounds kind of strange to you but I really do like naming. Naming in different languages or creating names for characters is cool.

You sound like me because I can be the same exact way... I checked out a baby naming book once just for boy names since I'm horrible at picking them out sometimes.

Also I was really eager to hear what May had to say about the Johto contests but stupid Ash had to fall out of the bed! Darn it :(

Anyone else love how the writers contradicted themselves with Buizel? The whole reason Ash and Dawn did that stupid trade between it and Aipom was because after a single training screw-up they decided Buizel was better at battling, and Aipom was better at contests, but then we get this Wallace Cup arc where Wallace says Buizel would be good in the contest, and then Buizel gets utterly humiliated.

Make up your minds writers!

I don't see how they contradicted themselves. Buizel obviously was better at battles.

*goes back in time an hour ago to retrieve what he had said*

but then we get this Wallace Cup arc where Wallace says Buizel would be good in the contest

Ash entered the competition because Wallace thought Buizel would be good in it, despite the whole trading thing happened because Buizel wasn't doing too well at contests, and then it was proven wrong in the contest when Ash and Buizel were curbstomped.

It's kinda sad when the writers contradict themselves so quickly. They wouldn't last two minutes in the courtroom against Phoenix Wright.

Now get me out of here Christopher Lloyd!

*goes back to the future*

I still don't see how Wallace being proven wrong means the writers contradicted themselves. It was an excuse so Ash wouldn't just sit in the stands the whole time.

Ash entered the competition because Wallace thought Buizel would be good in it, despite the whole trading thing happened because Buizel wasn't doing too well at contests, and then it was proven wrong in the contest when Ash and Buizel were curbstomped.

I don't think it was so much of Buizel being bad in contests as it was it just not being interested in them/liking trainer battles more.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom