• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S14 EP24: Emolga the Irresistible!

Can we not get off topic about the voice actors in the future, please? Criticize their works, not their person.

Can we not get off topic about the voice actors in the future, please? Criticize their works, not their person.

I was only joking.

As for this episode, I wish that the English Version dropped some hints at how Bianca met up with the group. It feels unnatural to have character join the group off screen with no given explanation. At least not one that non-forum-goers would know about.

I was only joking.

As for this episode, I wish that the English Version dropped some hints at how Bianca met up with the group. It feels unnatural to have character join the group off screen with no given explanation. At least not one that non-forum-goers would know about.

Hmm... Not really. *cough* Fennel/Juniper thingy *cough* (spoilers)

We didn't get any hints in Japan either, as that episode was retconned out. Let's just go with "They met her on the way to Nimbasa and, since they're going the same direction, decide to travel together". Yeah.

I frickin' loved Emolga, right from her establishing character moment with the Patrats.
Excadrill also had a hilariously goofy moment (Heck, everyone this episode but Cilan did.) Oshawott's was probably the best though, the little Casanova wannabe.

I was only joking.

Why do we even need an explanation? They're friends, they hang out together and battle, that doesn't need an explanation.

Good episode. I was wondering what attack the Swoobat group were using when they fired that straight yellow beam. Charge beam maybe? I don't know. Felt bad for the Patrats in this ep. Poor guys didn't know what hit em.

I love how they kept Emolga's adorable Japanese voice. XD But I have to wonder, did she join Iris because she actually liked her, or because she just wanted more apples? Or maybe a combination of both?

But I have to wonder, did she join Iris because she actually liked her, or because she just wanted more apples? Or maybe a combination of both?

Emolga came back for the apples... alone. Emolga was not above electrocuting Iris and Axew after they were saved by Ash and co., and it only came back as soon as she heard about Iris's apples.

You will find out in future episodes that Emolga will refuse to battle on Iris's behalf.

This was a cool episode I guess, probably because Emolga is the only best wishes pokemon I actually like.

I still think the overuse of attract is a nice reference, although maybe they're doing it because the show needs -some romance-.

I'm glad that Emolga kept her original voice (I don't think that any other voice could possibly do), though it amused me how the "n" in "Emonga" was clearly audible at several points...particularly during the "Who's That Pokemon" sequence, lol. :p

Yeah, what shall I say? A decent and solid episode, not particularly exciting but not bad either.
I've always liked that "The goups gets lost in a maze/forest/whatever and has to find their way out" -theme, and this time it wasn't any different.
I've also kind of put up with the fact that Oshawott will serve as the comic relief probably forever and never become a serious battler. Well, it's a shame but at least he made me laugh here and there in this week's episode. The expressions on his face are indeed hilarious sometimes. If only he wasn't Ash's Pokemon, then it wouldn't bother me so much that the writers are portraying him as the clown of the group.
Also, it's nice to see Bianca again. She might seem to act out of childishness and rashness sometimes but I guess there's more to her than meets the eye.

All in all, this episode was nice entertainment. That's pretty much all I can say.

I was wondering Japan was going to add a scene where Bianca visibly shows up to fit with the rearranged episodes but alas, Bianca rejoined the group off-screen. Not saying I'm disappointed one way or the other, I was just curious about that. And now I know. Not to mention Bianca would likely have rammed into Ash and sent him flying into a lake and he'd be forced to dry his clothes in public.

Please note: The thread is from 13 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom