• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review S16 EP25: What Lies Beyond Truth and Ideals!

Prepare for trouble; surprise, surprise!
Make it double; we'll help the good guys!

TPCi have succeeded where the original has failed in giving any sort of variation to that motto stock footage. James is still saying "to unite the people within our nation" though. Also changing the BGM was a bit weird.

I don't think we needed to see Pikachu get mind controlled for the 43rd time. Colress almost seems worse than TR with that repetitive move.

Apart from that I liked pretty much everything about the episode. It was great seeing Team Rocket work with Looker and Ash, and it's always a treat to see Meowth fight. Let's see how Decolora Adventure goes.

So this is the end of Episode N. And it all goes downhill from here...Goodbye: beautiful N voice, awesome Colress voice, and cool Ghetsis voice.

Well, the episode was not bad, but as others have mentioned, a poor finale, if you ask me. I just feel that more could have been done, and what was could have been better. It just left you wanting a bit more.

Axew turned out to be useful for once. Very nice.

My man N just threw those Grunts off of him. Why could he never do this before? I mean, did you see the position he was in? And he wasn't hurt at all? Just get this man on a rant, guys, and he's unstoppable.

I liked that Team Plasma weren't playing around at the beginning and immediately took control of Gothitelle and Gardevoir. I also have a lot more respect for Anime Ghetsis as a villian than game Ghetsis. This Ghetsis just flings his Grunts around and doesn't even care.

Reshiram's using Fusion Flare on that same spot got annoying. Why not attack the people trying to stop you (Ghetsis)? Why just destroy rather than get rid of the opposition?

Due to the serious situation, no one interrupted Cedric before he finished his oxymoron-esque statements. Which has a certain degree of humor in itself.

"If we don't do something, they'll steal the world from us"- Jessie....I really don't know what to say about that line. It was both awesome and "what" at the same damn time.

I really don't understand why Team Rocket were the only ones that could help them. Maybe Looker just said that for motivation? It really pisses me off that Meowth only has potential when he wants to. WHY DOES HE NEVER FIGHT IF HE CAN DO THIS?!? Also, I found it cute and funny that after his attack he ran off with Ash like some giddy schoolgirl.

Really, WHAT THE HELL IS GHETSIS DOING ALL THIS TIME?! Like, nothing?!? If you think about it, all this Controlled Pokemon and Grunts vs The Gang + Team Rocket shouldn't even be happening right now because Ghetsis should, theoretically, be blowing some sh*t up! All this time wasted makes me question how serious he is about all this.

Also, did Colress suddenly feel he had enough Brain-Washed-Zombie Pokemon or something, because I see some perfectly good Pokemon of Team Rocket's and Iris's he could have gotten to.

And he it comes! It finally happens! Pikachu can resist the power of the Mind Control Device because Ash tells him he can! :D No...just no. I'm tired of all this: "Pikachu is just the most perfect specimen" stuff. If this show weren't so damn optimistic and power-filled with friendship all the time, there would be no way Pikachu would have been able to resist that. Not that that particular aspect is what I'm complaining about, but that was just WAY TOO EASY for him to do for my tastes. I'm just about as outdone as Colress was.

N said: "Does that mean we won", when this man did next to NOTHING here expect yell about/to Reshiram and talk to his sisters about how awesome Ash is. And did Reshiram really care about whether or not people and Pokemon could live together? Why did he keep talking to him about that?

Did they really have to grab Ghetsis like that? I mean, he was doing what he does best: standing in one spot. I liked when Ash called out Krookodile to use Stone Edge. It was pretty badass. And then they just freeze them in an Ice Beam and they can still move. That was so stupid; why not incapacitate them so they can't break out? What if they had more Pokemon on the- oh whatever...

I found it a bit...out of character for Ash not to want to know what Reshiram said to N. Maybe it's just me, but...I feel like he likes to be nosy with these things, normally.

And so everyone gets arrested. Did anyone else notice Colress said Pohkemon...like...with a longer "o" sound? It just sounded a bit weird to me since he doesn't normally say it like that, but whatever.

And during all of this, Cedric's men were looking for more ruins?! How much more random can this get? Well, at least he's still funny.

And NO, James, Pikachu is NOT still worth the effort.

Just some general things. I really liked some of the expressions from N, Ghetsis, and Colress in this episode. I mean, just change the art style a bit and those would have been seriously creepy like in When The Cry. Very nicely done.

This one, takes the cake, though. Colress.png

I also really liked Reshiram's cry, but hearing it have little change each time he "spoke" was a bit repetitive.

Overall, it was seriously lacking compared to Galatic's finale. Ghetsis, and on a side note, Colress, spent most of their time doing nothing when they easily should have won this battle on their own. Pikachu completely disregarded the mind control without a single attack towards his friends, which is plain unrealistic given the past times he was controlled and the heightened strength of it in this episode. I also felt that Iris and Cilan could have been a bit more useful.

I guess I'll give it a 6/10.

Does anyone have a problem with both Anthea And Concordia's Voices at all because they sound really weird to me at least here in this Episode. Team Rocket is great and all and back to Comedians.

Prepare for trouble; surprise, surprise!
Make it double; we'll help the good guys!

TPCi have succeeded where the original has failed in giving any sort of variation to that motto stock footage. James is still saying "to unite the people within our nation" though. Also changing the BGM was a bit weird.

One of the few times the dub outdoes the original version. Especially considering it's TPCi's TRio, that's a pretty big milestone for them.

Still, Carter Cathcart says his trademark "to unite the people," though. Grr...

Oh well, at least they spiced things up with that, and Ash calling Iris "a little kid." These kinds of alterations the dub makes are similar to things 4Kids used to do, and I've really missed the unexpected and yet welcome nature of them for me, so I'm very happy TPCi's been doing this sort of thing again in their BW dub. :)

What I don't get is that in the motto they replaced a piece of Japanese music with another piece of Japanese music.

I felt that the ending needed more "oomph" similar to what the games had. Reshiram's rampage should have been longer and N should have actually schmoozed with it instead of shouted how people cared for Pokemon. Would an extra episode have hurt? Did they really need to make that many episodes for the pure filler saga that follows this one?

Nonetheless, I liked how Meowth got involved, Axew freeing Iris, the scene with Gothitelle and Gardevoir coming out of the fog, Cedric staying in character, Ash & co stoning and freezing the Plasma leaders, Pikachu saving himself and Reshiram, and Colress being manic. It was still an enjoyable episode, and Episode N was great overall.

You know, watching this kinda made me wish that N had perhaps gotten a departure ep. I realize giving a departure episode to a character that was roughly in only 7/8 episodes of a 13 episode series, but having Ash and N just wish themselves the best of luck without a handshake or anything felt a touch empty.

Still a solid finale.

Also it dawned on me watching this, that perhaps Colress should not be so excited for potential future plans. For all we know of the Pokemon legal system, he could be facing a firing squad without a trial.:-|

I'm still thinking about the "Pokemon communicating with people" device that Colress talked about. Probably a callback to the Hoenn games, where one of the machines in progress allows communication with Pokemon. The Dream World also is probably an advanced version of the Pokemon Dream Projector, a work in progress from the same company.
I wonder why Ghestis didn't try to run out of the police truck. The door was wide open, and he wasn't restrained in any way.

On a separate note, I know this is far too late, but what the heck is Ghetsis's coat made out of?

IMHO, just one or two more episodes could have made this the best part of best wishes(although episode N still is the greatest part of the saga, IMHO).

I hope Nicholas DiMichele will Return to the Show and will be N sometime Again.

Yeah, he's just fantastic!

I mean that...I cannot believe we got such an excellent voice actor for N. O_O

I'm definitely looking forward to any episode he returns.

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom