• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Sarah Brightman Sings 10th Pokémon Movie Theme

9th Movie: Jack Walker (bleh, sounds like stereotypical English name)

Well, at least it's not Johnie Walker :-D I swear when I first heard this name, I've bet that dub change or didn't used his surname. But they kept it. Did PUSA realize this context at all?

In most of animes characters look white and they have Japanese names for some reason. That's a Japanese anime!
Well, in most Anime's the main characters are suppose to be Japanese, but like others have said they like to make them look...non Japanese.

But usually if they come from other countries, they have names related to the country they come from (like in Yugioh GX and Digimon, when they go into the plots dealing with people from around the world).

Err...anyway, High Class Opera Singer, just because it's English, is comparable to the no-name singers they hire for the Dub Movie Endings?

We got a half Japanese song with movie 6. And now the Japanese get an English song with movie 10. No big deal, really.

2nd Movie: Fulura (I heard it's some instrument), Yodel (Fulura's sister), Geraldan (WTF)

The last one I can explain (quelle surprise). It's (most likely) derived from Rene Girard, a French philosopher who teaches of the connection between ancient legends and strife in the modern world. Followers of his teachings are called "Girardians".

So long story short, it's French. Kinda. Sorta. But not really.

As for Jackie Walker, it's not really random...

Jackie = Jackie Chan (xD)
Walker - the Texas Ranger.

And rememberu, Engrish is PARFECK.

The last one I can explain (quelle surprise). It's (most likely) derived from Rene Girard, a French philosopher who teaches of the connection between ancient legends and strife in the modern world. Followers of his teachings are called "Girardians".

So long story short, it's French. Kinda. Sorta. But not really.

So...Girardan?

If the song was completely English, it wouldn't be the first. That honor would go to "Secret Garden" from the 5th Pokemon movie.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was not present in the movie itself.

That is true. It is on the CD single. And for some reason it is accompanied by some other artists.

....I am now convinced Baron Alberto and his reckless determination to marry Alice is key to the plot. What it appears to me is that Baron Alberto runs into a rival who threatens his chances with Alice. But who? It can't be.........no, it couldn't. That would never happen.

This was the only thing that's caught my eye about this whole discussion.

I read that, and the only candidates that jump to mind are Brock and Darkrai.

Which is more unlikely?

I still think Jackie Walker was a kinda-sterotype of an American Super Cop, his whole attitude, and his hair and eye color (and he used some Engrish, irc) supports that.

Because EVERY American has that hair-color, and shouts Engrish.

I will be with you
You were my fool for love, sent me from high above, You were the one
I will be with you
I'm going where the wind blows, going where the lost ones go
Fixed (Sorry for being a perfectionist)

Anyways, the original version was sung by Sissel if you didn't know, so it might loosely follow the original.

Last edited:
Thanks Ama for the information. With that I've manage to find the song. Here is an sample. But this song dates back at 2001? That rather recent.

Last edited:
So that song might somehow be related to the plot of the movie? The wind keeps blowing might refer to Driftblim, but I don't get the rest of it. Maybe Darkrai is lonely? :p Maybe it's talking about the girl in the movie?

Maybe a human will die for once (and stay dead)!

Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom