• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Shiny Pokémon by Soft Resetting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm soft resetting for a shiny charamnder in Heart Gold since yesterday.
I think I've no luck but I will hold on :spin:

Pokémon FireRed. Mewtwo. One midday. That is all. Although I did use HRing because I didn't know about SRing at the time.

On GBA you can soft reset by pressing A+B+start+select.I hope that's what you wanted to know ^^

Anyone who's seen an Emerald cloning glitch video knows that, bro. That combination can also be used to reset GB/C games, apparently.

What's the command to put for SRing on the DS? I tried HRing for a shiny Eevee, got frustrated after the first 200 tries, and then just settled for one with great IVs. :p

They all have shiny prevention. All Wondercards are either set to never be shiny or always be shiny unless the Wondercard gives out an item such as the Liberty Ticket. In that case you ca just recieve the item, save, and make your way there on your own time, then stand in front of the Pokemon and save the game, you can then SR it

im starting my Lugia hunt again i have 225 SRs already last time i did this i got over 5000 SRs, but gave up and lost count
Im doing this alongside Mijumaru, who has 110 SRs
i do hope they wont take too long, especially Lugia. Then im going to SR Victini, my only one, because my wi-fi wouldnt let my games connect on the last week of the event

Edit 11/1: Ugh im still trying for Lugia 1260 SRs and Mijumaru 400 SRS
Edit: 11/17: Forget my liberty ticket example. Victini cannot be shiny, as well as Reshiram and Zekrom, dont bother SRing them. Im still on my Lugia hunt, going all day im currently at 3542 resets, ive kind of sidelined Miju, but Miju's got 850

Last edited:
just caught a shiny latias (timid) after months of SRing! :-D

now for groudon & kyogre

As I've posted in the other Shiny thread:

I've just caught a Shiny Zapdos on my FireRed game by SRing. Dude I am SO happy. And I would've gone totally crazy if it weren't for the fact that it has a Jolly Nature... (Jolly = -SpAtk :( +Spd :))

But it did remind how wonderful that Shiny *bling* sound is.

I forgot about this thread for a while.

I FINALLY GOT MY SHINY CHARMANDER AFTER 3 MONTHS OF SOFT-RESETTING!!!!!!!!! IT HAS A MILD NATURE!!!!!!!!!!!!! But its IVs are not that great. Oh well, at least ITS A SHINY CHARMANDER!!!!!!!!!!! :)

Last edited:
I'm getting crazy.Shiny Giratina don't want to appear ! And congratulations:You've got a shiny charmander...I looked for it some time ago^^
Wish good luck for Giratina lol

Don't worry ShiningSR, I'm sure you'll get it.

Congrats Boab!

Haven't SRed in awhile, hope I still have the patience.

Thanks.

Re: Shiny Pokemon by Soft Resetting

yus

i guess ill do it the normal way *whips out her pokeradar*

Couldn't you also breed sandshrew and just save before getting the egg and SR from there?
I'm not entirely sure if that even work as im rather new to SR myself but i don't think there be any reason an egg couldn't hatch non shiny...

I got my shiny Lugia, took me 10, 487 SRs
Im also still working on Uxie im at 3420 SRs, but im sure I'll get it soon

Edit: video link for whoever wants to see, i appologize for the terrible quality and me being so crazy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2lmqkK8Hnyw

im pretty sure Uxie is gonna get here tomorrow.

Last edited:
As I've posted in the other Shiny thread:

I've just caught a Shiny Zapdos on my FireRed game by SRing. Dude I am SO happy. And I would've gone totally crazy if it weren't for the fact that it has a Jolly Nature... (Jolly = -SpAtk :( +Spd :))

But it did remind how wonderful that Shiny *bling* sound is.

I forgot about this thread for a while.
Yeah, my FR Charizard is like that, too, and 3 of its moves are Fire-type, so that kind of kills the mood (though it has insane speed). V_v

Still haven't gotten around to SRing for shiny legendaries yet. Will someday, though. You'll see.

I have a question against soft resetting against a 3D figure. In HG/SS, will the Pokemon, say Suicune for example, be in its shiny state near the Cape above Cerulean (sp?) City when it is in fact going to be shiny? Or do I have to actually battle to look and find out.

Hi everyone!
I'm new here and I joined because I've been coming here and reading about catching shiny pokemon using soft resetting so I decided to try it. Believe it or not after one month and 653 soft resets I got my shiny drifloon about an hour ago. When I saw the sparkles I almost fell out of my chair because honestly, I wasn't sure if I was going to get one at all.
Thanks so much all of you for inspiring me to shiny hunt! Hopefully more lovely shiny pokemon are in my future!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom