• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions and Simple Answers 3

HeartGold or Diamond?

• HeartGold

Votes: 22 73.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 8 26.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
To get a pokemon with Hidden ability, do i need to catch it in the DW, or can I just send one from my party to DW? If the latter is the case do i need to do anything more?

You have to befriend it in the DW; abilities don't change save from evolution.

Unrelated comment : Kenshi, your signature is fucking brilliant.

Reyairia: The one with the serious nature doesn't get any nature boosts. However the Relaxed nature ones have a boosted Defense stat but I lower Speed stat. Take your pick.

Some time ago I found a page on bulbapedia which listed different kind of Pokémon based on their moves (or so). For example I remember a Pokémon would be called "an annoyer" if the Pokémon used only annoying moves such as confuse ray, thunder wave, crunch or other moves that makes the Pokémon unable to do something or cut the HP. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

Sorry if this is in the wrong location, but someone please HELP!
I've been trying to connect my Ds to my router (to play Pokemon, obviously) and am having a lot of trouble. I have a Sagem router, I'm with SKY, and if I do a regular network search it says the access point isn't supported.

I then went to change the settings on my router to WEP. When I did this, I found my router but it kept saying the key was invalid, when I was entering it perfectly, using caps and everything.
Also, when I change to WEP, my wireless adaptor stops picking up the routers signal, disconnecting me from the internet.

Can someone please help? Also, it isn't AOSS compatible.

Morning all. I have a Basculin that is about to learn Aqua Tail. I'm on the Ground gym (Clay). it currently knows the moves Aqua jet, chip away, take down, and crunch. Should I delete any of them at this point or should I wait for another time?
EDIT: Oops! Nvm, I looked it up in the dex. Aqua tail is basically a take down with STAB and higher accuracy. Thanks anyway!

Last edited:
Morning all. I have a Basculin that is about to learn Aqua Tail. I'm on the Ground gym (Clay). it currently knows the moves Aqua jet, chip away, take down, and crunch. Should I delete any of them at this point or should I wait for another time?

I would delete either chip away or take down since basculin is a water-type, and the diversity of your moveset won't increase by deleting one of those, and Basculin also gets stab from Aqua Tail.

Ugh run-on sentence.

Some time ago I found a page on bulbapedia which listed different kind of Pokémon based on their moves (or so). For example I remember a Pokémon would be called "an annoyer" if the Pokémon used only annoying moves such as confuse ray, thunder wave, crunch or other moves that makes the Pokémon unable to do something or cut the HP. Anyone know what I'm thinking of?

Appendix:Metagame terminology

Is the Zen Mode Darmanitan at the Relic Castle only obtainable after a certain time? Like after beating the Elite Four?

^You can initiate a battle with any of the five Darmanitans by using a RageCandyBar on it. Two of these are available per game, both after E4, and one of them only during Winter. The Zenmanitans are level 50.

Can you battle the guy on Route 7 that you traded the Boldore to? (He gives you an Emolga in return). (You can battle the guy with the Cinccino and the girl with the Lilignant/Whimsicott, so it would make sense).
Also, has anybody figured out how to add Pal Pad friends as Dream Pals yet? (I KNOW it's been asked before, I'm just checking.)

^You can initiate a battle with any of the five Darmanitans by using a RageCandyBar on it. Two of these are available per game, both after E4, and one of them only during Winter. The Zenmanitans are level 50.

Can you battle the guy on Route 7 that you traded the Boldore to? (He gives you an Emolga in return). (You can battle the guy with the Cinccino and the girl with the Lilignant/Whimsicott, so it would make sense).
Also, has anybody figured out how to add Pal Pad friends as Dream Pals yet? (I KNOW it's been asked before, I'm just checking.)

In order: Thank you; according to Seribii you can not; and that's the same question I have.

Small question on trading....

First off I'm new here and from what I could see this appeared to be the most sensible board to post this in but if it's in the wrong board I do apologise.

My question is on the whole Pokémon obeying levels trading thingy

If say on game #1 I have 1 badge and trade over a level 10 pokémon to game #2 where I have all 8 badges, I then level it up past level 20 and trade it back to game #1 as it's back with it's original trainer would it still obey me? Sorry if this is a simple question but I'm just wanting to run through Pokémon White quickly as I've done it all already in Black and just want to fill in some spots on my Unova Pokédex.

Thanks again =]

Re: Small question on trading....

Yes, it would obey you.

^Shoot, my bad, I guess I mixed it up with the Musharnas. And I guess you can get one of them prior to E4 too, since it only needs to be Winter. Gosh sorry about that >___<
Anywho....
Can you have two Pokémon use Helping Hand in the same turn in a Triple Battle, to give the center Poké a 100% power boost?

Last edited:
Hypothetical situation

Hi, I have a little bit of a doubt here.

Say we have a level-1 Pokémon with the ability Sturdy and holding a Focus Sash. At full HP, it uses Endure while a level-100 Pokémon attacks it with a Super Effective move (the levels are just for ensuring a potential KO). What would take effect: Sturdy, the Focus Sash or Endure?

Thanks! :)

Re: Hypothetical situation

Hi, I have a little bit of a doubt here.

Say we have a level-1 Pokémon with the ability Sturdy and holding a Focus Sash. At full HP, it uses Endure while a level-100 Pokémon attacks it with a Super Effective move (the levels are just for ensuring a potential KO). What would take effect: Sturdy, the Focus Sash or Endure?

Thanks! :)

First of all, that is NOT a 'simple question'.

I would think that the Endure would activate first. In my mind, Moves are exclusive to only that round of the match, so it would 'override' the other two in taking the hit. Focus Sash would be in effect the entirety of the match, but it's an item, so it should activate second. Then, Sturdy, being it's ability, would activate as the last resort because it's natural to the Pokemon itself. At least, that's how I think of it. We need to get somebody on this ASAP.

Last edited:
I have 3 shellos with 31 IVs in Attack and HP. Two are relaxed and one is serious. All three like to doze off. Which one should I breed to get the same results on a tynamo?

If they all have the same ivs in stats you want to replicate, they'd all do. If you want a relaxed nature, go with that and give it an everstone. If there's no everstone, it doesn't matter what either parent's nature is.

I second this question. I really don't want to accept that I can only be dream world friends with my friends if they happen to show up randomly. :c

First off I'm new here and from what I could see this appeared to be the most sensible board to post this in but if it's in the wrong board I do apologise.

My question is on the whole Pokémon obeying levels trading thingy

If say on game #1 I have 1 badge and trade over a level 10 pokémon to game #2 where I have all 8 badges, I then level it up past level 20 and trade it back to game #1 as it's back with it's original trainer would it still obey me? Sorry if this is a simple question but I'm just wanting to run through Pokémon White quickly as I've done it all already in Black and just want to fill in some spots on my Unova Pokédex.

Thanks again =]

The things that matter when your pokemon may or may not obey you are the OT, the ID and the Secret ID (often called the SID). Any pokemon caught or bred in game 1 will have all of those things in common with that game. Therefore, if you trade and trade back it will not be considered an "outsider".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom