• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

You need an item in Diamond, Pearl and Platinum called the PokeRadar, to get it you must see all the Pokemon in the Sinnoh Dex, have beaten the Elite Four and have the National Pokedex, then you need to go talk to Professor Rowan and he will give you the PokeRadar. To chain, go into a large patch of grass, use a Repel( preferably a Max Repel) and use the PokeRadar, patches of grass will shake, go into one to enconter a Pokemon and KO or catch it, dont run away. Once you do that a chain will start, then you must keep using the Radar to encounter that same Pokemon over and over to get the chain higher, which will increase your chance of finding a shiny. This is not easy.

For more info, see this thread: http://bmgf.bulbagarden.net/f226/shiny-pokémon-pokéradar-19695/

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

I'm not sure if Baoba necessarily calls you each time more objects become available. You may have to go there yourself and check.
*He does call every time new objects are available. There was the first cal, letting me know objects could be placed in the Safari Zone, another call which added a number of fairly useless objects like signs and arrows and whatnot and then on the third call he rang to let me know more objects were available (which happened to be the Plains objects...score!)
All objects in place in their respective areas...now I play the waiting game!

Thanks, don't like that feeling though. It's like throwing away your childhood.
Just throw said pokemon in the Daycare centre and hatch the earlier evolutions?

Now a question for me:
So Masuda method...blah blah...yeh I get it, BUT:
I bought a Japanese SoulSilver on eBay and 'voila' it already had a saved game on there with a Ditto. Is there anyway to GUARANTEE I am correctly using the method (yes I still know the odds are slim...but I want odds better than the 1 in 8000ish in ENG-ENG) in regards to the Ditto being Japanese? Its name is all in Japanese characters and the Trainer ID matches the saved game but I am paranoid I am missing something? I might be answering my own question here but the fact its name is Jap characters rather than "Ditto" is kind of a give-away that it is in fact a non-english Pokemon? I Just want to tick all the boxes properly!!!

*For anyone that cares(probably no-one...) the Ditto has been Transferred over to White and is now pumping out Deino eggs...only 60 hatched so far: obviously no success...yet!

Last edited:

Has anyone played Pokémon Battle Revolution? What does the announcer say when Flamethrower defeats an enemy? You know, the way he says "Ice Beam hits!" or "Zapped by Thunderbolt!". I've never been able to understand what he says. It sounds like "Seems by Flamethrower" but that doesn't make any grammatical sense. And what does he say when Surf defeats an enemy? It sounds like "Surfed by Surf" but that doesn't make grammatical sense either. I also can't get what he says when Hydro Pump defeats someone. Something similar to "Swamped by Hydro Pump" but it's not that, obviously. Can someone tell me?
He says "singed by Flamethrower" and "soaked by Surf".

Ah, thanks! And what does he say when Hydro Pump defeats an enemy?

Has anyone played Pokémon Battle Revolution? What does the announcer say when Flamethrower defeats an enemy? You know, the way he says "Ice Beam hits!" or "Zapped by Thunderbolt!". I've never been able to understand what he says. It sounds like "Seems by Flamethrower" but that doesn't make any grammatical sense. And what does he say when Surf defeats an enemy? It sounds like "Surfed by Surf" but that doesn't make grammatical sense either. I also can't get what he says when Hydro Pump defeats someone. Something similar to "Swamped by Hydro Pump" but it's not that, obviously. Can someone tell me?

MOD NOTE: Pokemon Battle Revolution is a Generation 4 game, and this is the Gen 5 SQSA thread. Next time please post any questions pertaining to Gens 1-4 in the Lost Tower's SQSA thread.

Thank you,

~yourlilemogirl

Will Crunch be on the list of moves that Simisear can re-learn, or do I have to level my pansear to 43, so he can learn it?

To my knowledge, any move a Pokemon learns via Level up can be relearned with a Move relearner and a heart scale. Black and White's move relearner is in Mistralton City.

Will Crunch be on the list of moves that Simisear can re-learn, or do I have to level my pansear to 43, so he can learn it?

You're going to have to level Pansear up to 43 to get it back.

To my knowledge, any move a Pokemon learns via Level up can be relearned with a Move relearner and a heart scale. Black and White's move relearner is in Mistralton City.

I'm confused, which answer is correct?

In Pokemon Conquest, what does the purple stuff coming out of a Pokemon mean?

It means the Pokemon is wild and can be captured to be used by a Warlord/Warrior. They can have more than one, have a preferred Pokemon that can have a 100% Link but can only use one in battle. You'll be able to capture wild Pokemon after your 4th Castle Takeover I believe. There will be an additional medal above the Pokemon indicating its compatibility to the Warlord/Warrior trying to capture it.

It means the Pokemon is wild and can be captured to be used by a Warlord/Warrior. They can have more than one, have a preferred Pokemon that can have a 100% Link but can only use one in battle. You'll be able to capture wild Pokemon after your 4th Castle Takeover I believe. There will be an additional medal above the Pokemon indicating its compatibility to the Warlord/Warrior trying to capture it.

Oh ok. Thank you.

I was reading through the forum's trade section rules and saw this:
You should note if you have used foreign devices on your game cart such as Action Replays, regardless of if the Pokémon are legitimate. Even though such a trade should be safe, some people take safety measures to avoid the possibility of their game getting damaged or flagged.
What does it mean for a game to be "flagged," and how exactly is my game affected by having hacked Pokemon (that I did not hack) or by trading with a person who uses devices such as ARs?

Oh, okay! Thank you! So this doesn't happen if you happened to get a hacked Pokemon, or a legit Pokemon from a flagged game?

I have a question. In the game, there are separate tracks for both stationary and roaming legendary Pokemon. However, I have not noticed any differences in the themes. I even looked at the pitches in Audacity to see if they were slightly different. This really bugs me; could someone please enlighten me? Before you get skeptical, YES. I am SURE they are different tracks.

question about breeding (B/W1)

How do i make a Ferrothorn learn both Stealth Rock and Seed Bomb or Stealth Rock and Leech Seed? I know you can teachh a pokemon 2 moves and then breed with female Ferrothorn but there are no pokemon that can learn both of these moves and breed. I never really tried that so maybe im missing something. Would it work if i bred Ferrothorn with Dwebble and get stealth rock and then bred it again with for example sunkern, would they breed a pokemon that knows both SR and SB/LS??

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom