• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Is my game counterfeit?

I'm not sure if this is the right forum... I didn't think the game forum would be appropriate because it's about my physical copy rather than the game itself.
Anyway, I bought a used LeafGreen Version from someone on Amazon. The thing is, the cartridge doesn't fit flush in my GameBoy Advance, which I find really odd. The game will turn on and can be played without a problem, but it sticks out about a millimeter or so.

In addition to that, the cartridge's plastic casing can be "pulled apart" at the seams, as if it isn't screwed together tightly. However, it is screwed together tightly... I even re-tightened the screw myelf.
If I take the cartidge apart, the back half fits flush in the GBA. The problem is the front half... it seems to be slightly too big. I can't tell if it's counterfeit or a manufacturing defect.

Other than that, the cartridge appears legit. The label's printing doesn't look blurry, the color doesn't seem off (as far as I can tell). Even taking it apart and looking at the actual circuit boad thing inside, the text printed on it all looks legit. The only thing that might be suspicious is that the number printed on the cartridge's label does not match the number printed on the circuit board thing on the inside, and neither of those match the number embossed in the plastic on the back. I don't know if they're supposed to or not. The numbers are:
label - AGB-BPGE-USA
inside - AGB-E01-41
back - AGB-002

This may help you compare with your own.
Take note though that the carts described are PAL carts, if you have American ones, scroll down the comments for a pic of what those should look like.

Also this guide as well (has more pictures and goes into more detail)

Last edited:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Thanks guys.
It's fake. The label gives it away. I didn't think of this before, but all real cartridges have a 2- or 3-digit number imprinted into the label, but my copy does not have this.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Where is the earliest location to find a rare candy in white?

The Desert Resort on Route 4 between Castelia and Nimbasa City (it's hidden, but it's near a Psychic trainer).

There is a Rare Candy on Route 2 and another on Route 3 but you need Strength and Surf to get those, respectively.

Wasn't sure of where to post this question but I guess I can't go wrong posting it here!

Can anyone confirm exactly what the blue haired guy in the Battle Subway says when your Pokemon has 31 IVs in one of its stats? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

I have another question - obviously nature can be passed down through breeding, can characteristic (e.g 'Likes to Thrash About') also be passed down?

One more :) - If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat and you EV train it until that stat is maxed out, does the stat remain maxed out if the Pokemon evolves? As an example, if I EV trained a Lillipup so that it's attack stat was maxed out, would it remain that way by the time it became a Stoutland?

Thanks very much

Wasn't sure of where to post this question but I guess I can't go wrong posting it here!

Can anyone confirm exactly what the blue haired guy in the Battle Subway says when your Pokemon has 31 IVs in one of its stats? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

I have another question - obviously nature can be passed down through breeding, can characteristic (e.g 'Likes to Thrash About') also be passed down?

One more :) - If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat and you EV train it until that stat is maxed out, does the stat remain maxed out if the Pokemon evolves? As an example, if I EV trained a Lillipup so that it's attack stat was maxed out, would it remain that way by the time it became a Stoutland?

Thanks very much
I don't know that Characteristics get passed down. I think those depend on the Pokemon's individual stats. Yes if you EV train a Pokemon and then evolve it, it keeps the EVs. The only way to erase them is by using EV reducing berries. As for the stats judge according to Bulbapedia he says "Incidently, I would say it's best potential lies in this stat" referring to the stat with the highest IV

Thanks very much
I don't know that Characteristics get passed down. I think those depend on the Pokemon's individual stats. Yes if you EV train a Pokemon and then evolve it, it keeps the EVs. The only way to erase them is by using EV reducing berries. As for the stats judge according to Bulbapedia he says "Incidently, I would say it's best potential lies in this stat" referring to the stat with the highest IV

Thanks very much for your help :)

Regarding the first of the three questions - I know that he says that when pointing out the Pokemons highest stat, however, I was led to believe there was an actual sentence the guy would come out with when the IVs are actually at 31...?

Thanks very much

Regarding the first of the three questions - I know that he says that when pointing out the Pokemons highest stat, however, I was led to believe there was an actual sentence the guy would come out with when the IVs are actually at 31...?
Bulbapedia dosen't have a quote from him about that, so he may not say anything about a Pokemon having a flawless IV. I think he may just say that that particular stat has the highest potential. Although in earlier generations, the stat judge will refer to it as "Flawless" or "The best that it can be" so he probably says something along that lines when he refers to that stat.

Thanks very much

Bulbapedia dosen't have a quote from him about that, so he may not say anything about a Pokemon having a flawless IV. I think he may just say that that particular stat has the highest potential. Although in earlier generations, the stat judge will refer to it as "Flawless" or "The best that it can be"

Ah I see. Ok, thank you very much :)

I have a question I like to ask of you. If I used the Memory Link, and it has its records from Black 1 version and insert into Black 2 version, should I put the same identity of the trainer I used in Black 1 on Black 2?

Hi guys, I just got that Porygon promotion. Thing is, Bulba says that it is unobtainable in B/W2. So will I be able to transfer it to my B2 when I get it?

So... when EV training -

If you make a Pokemon that gives you 1 EV in Attack faint, do the EVs still add up even if your own Pokemon doesn't level up after the battle?

Total noob question I know. 15 years of Pokemon gaming, 1 day of EV training.

I have a question based about the canon of pokemon black and white and how does it effect black and white 2 so here goes:
Because i bought pokemon white for my first gen v game does this mean so i get perfect canon of the story I have to but white 2 as well?

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom