• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-7)

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gen 5)

Does B/W2 have any new diving spots? The HM was stupidly disappointing in B/W1, so I'd really love to have new places to use it.

@Shiny Staraptor; No only Undella Bay has Dive areas.If you find the relic crown you get 300,000 from the collector.I also searched the entire Unova region for another area for Dive

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Can you breed genderless Dream World Pokémon with a Ditto to have offsprings with their hidden ability?
No, Pokemon bred with Ditto will not pass on their Dream World ability and genderless Pokemon can not pass the ability down.

Re: Team help!

So my team is:
Sammurot
Dragonite
Charizard
Venasaur
Zekrom
(EMPTY)
So i need help
with that empty slot
can anyone suggest a pokemon for meh?
(i will review suggestions tommorow)

I would add a steelix personally because it has the the highest defense stats of all pokemon or son i have heard.

Yes. If you want to go with perfect canon, you'd get White 2 if you've played White.

So besides that plot thing are there really any major differences between both games.

Last edited:

Yes. If you want to go with perfect canon, you'd get White 2 if you've played White.

So besides that plot thing are there really any major differences between both games.
Minor differences like version exclusives, Black City/White Forest, etc, nothing too significant, they are pretty much the same.

I would add a steelix personally because it has the the highest defense stats of all pokemon or son i have heard.

Nope, that's Shuckle.

I DO KNOW steelix is in the top 10 easily though and it has the highest Defense stat of all Steel-type and Ground-type Pokémon, the highest single base stat of both types, along with the highest Defense of all evolved Pokémon.

So i would pick either shuckle or steelix.

Re: Simple Questions / Simple Answers (Gens 1-4)

Can you breed genderless Dream World Pokémon with a Ditto to have offsprings with their hidden ability?
No, Pokemon bred with Ditto will not pass on their Dream World ability and genderless Pokemon can not pass the ability down.
Thank you. I've also noticed that I accidentally asked this question in the Generation 1-4 thread instead of the Generation 5 thread.

@Shiny Staraptor; No only Undella Bay has Dive areas.If you find the relic crown you get 300,000 from the collector.I also searched the entire Unova region for another area for Dive

Damn, that's the dumbest thing I've ever heard. Thanks anyway.

Re: Global Trade Station Helpdesk & Feedback

I wasn't sure where to post question/problem I'm having on the GTS on my platinum game and this thread said "help desk" so I thought i would post it here.

Ok so here the problem. I was on the GTS this morning looking to trade my female graveler for a female graveler and i found one to trade for and when i go to trade for it mine is blacked out does any know why and has anyone had this problem before and know how to fix it?

HeartGold SoulSilver data info

I'm wondering where you can find the NPC that ask who your favorite Pokémon is in HeartGold and SoulSilver. I want the data for the Wi-Fi Club/Union Room. Similar characters can be found in the Pokémon Center of Violet City (asks about Trainer class) and in the Battle Tower (asks about phrases).

Wasn't sure of where to post this question but I guess I can't go wrong posting it here!

Can anyone confirm exactly what the blue haired guy in the Battle Subway says when your Pokemon has 31 IVs in one of its stats? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

I have another question - obviously nature can be passed down through breeding, can characteristic (e.g 'Likes to Thrash About') also be passed down?

One more :) - If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat and you EV train it until that stat is maxed out, does the stat remain maxed out if the Pokemon evolves? As an example, if I EV trained a Lillipup so that it's attack stat was maxed out, would it remain that way by the time it became a Stoutland?

Thanks very much

If the Pokémon has 31 IVs, he will say "It can't be better in that regard". And yes, the Pokémon will retain the EVs after it evolves.

Wasn't sure of where to post this question but I guess I can't go wrong posting it here!

Can anyone confirm exactly what the blue haired guy in the Battle Subway says when your Pokemon has 31 IVs in one of its stats? I've seen conflicting reports on this.

I have another question - obviously nature can be passed down through breeding, can characteristic (e.g 'Likes to Thrash About') also be passed down?

One more :) - If a Pokemon has 31 IVs in a stat and you EV train it until that stat is maxed out, does the stat remain maxed out if the Pokemon evolves? As an example, if I EV trained a Lillipup so that it's attack stat was maxed out, would it remain that way by the time it became a Stoutland?

Thanks very much

If the Pokémon has 31 IVs, he will say "It can't be better in that regard". And yes, the Pokémon will retain the EVs after it evolves.

Thank you :)

My Pokemon Emerald Version seems to be acting up. Like randomly, it would delete my save file, then when I turn it off, and put it in my old Game Boy (Thats what I always done, so I don't know what would happen if I put it in another device.), it's perfectly fine! I can even play it on other game systems and it would seemingly be OK. But why is this happening? Is my Emerald konking out?

If Shedninja were to hold a Focus Band (NOT a Focus Stash), would it work?

I think I had another question, but I can't remember right now...

If a Pokemon (like Tyrogue) which has only one ability on the Generation III game is Pal Parked to Gen IV and then Poketransferred to Gen V, and evolved in Black/White, can it have either of the two abilities its evolved form has, or only the ability it would have been able to have in Gen III?

Thank you very much

If a Pokemon (like Tyrogue) which has only one ability on the Generation III game is Pal Parked to Gen IV and then Poketransferred to Gen V, and evolved in Black/White, can it have either of the two abilities its evolved form has, or only the ability it would have been able to have in Gen III?

Thank you very much

The way i see it, it would go like so:
Tyrogue w/ Guts -> Hitmonlee w/ Limber
Tyrogue w/ Guts -> Hitmonchan w/ Keen Eye
Tyrogue w/ Guts -> Hitmontop w/ Intimidate

Silly question but it's driving me crazy! How do you enter the Giant Chasm? I can't see any entrance (there's a Strength rock on route 13, but it isn't moveable from the route side).

Please note: The thread is from 1 year ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom