• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
dumb question but, I just got the pokeradar.
what happens if no patches of grass shake when you use the pokeradar but the chain music starts?

dumb question but, I just got the pokeradar.
what happens if no patches of grass shake when you use the pokeradar but the chain music starts?

Watch every single patch of grass. Even if it moves slighty, it's still moving. Otherwise, try a bigger area of grass (like one that covers most of the screen) so you can test it out.

Does any one know were you can see Huntail and Gorabys in Platinum without trading?

I know it's possible, albeit difficult to breed pokemon with perfect IV's. Could someone please explain the process to me?

What happens is when 2 Pokemon breed, 3 random IVs from both parents are passed down (that is to say, 3 are inherited from either parent and then the next 3 are randomised).
To get 3 perfect IVs, keep breeding random Pokemon (most preferably the one you want to use) until you get one with 31 IVs in a stat you desire. Then do it again and again.

In other words, you've gotta keep breeding until you have 31 IVs in 3 stats between 2 parents and then breed them onto a baby.

I just recieved a Shuckle in a trade from thr GTS and it has as its place of capture "Faraway place" any idea why?

The Shuckle must have come from either Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness.

What happens is when 2 Pokemon breed, 3 random IVs from both parents are passed down (that is to say, 3 are inherited from either parent and then the next 3 are randomised).
To get 3 perfect IVs, keep breeding random Pokemon (most preferably the one you want to use) until you get one with 31 IVs in a stat you desire. Then do it again and again.

In other words, you've gotta keep breeding until you have 31 IVs in 3 stats between 2 parents and then breed them onto a baby.

IVs only account for 8 stat point fluctuation at max.
not a lot to worth to spend a huge amount of time on.

This is not the case for IVs. This applies to EVs only.
To clarify:

[((IV + 2 * Base + (EV/4)) * Level/100) + 5] * Nature

ok taking a lvl 100 adamant salamence for example with a base atk of 135

so with a 0 iv and 252 EVs in atk

its (((0 + 270 + 63) *1)+5)*1.1
371 in atk

to a lvl 100 adamant salamence
same EVs but 31 iv in atk

its (((31+270+63)*1)+5)*1.1
405 in atk

so it makes 34 stat point difference?

wow i didn't know that *goes and searches for iv bred*

I was watching some videos of people playing through HeartGold and SoulSilver, and I noticed some English text along with the Japanese text during gameplay. Here is an example. How is that possible?

I just recieved a Shuckle in a trade from thr GTS and it has as its place of capture "Faraway place" any idea why?

The Shuckle must have come from either Colosseum or XD: Gale of Darkness.

Actually, Pokemon from the Gamecube games should list "Distant land" as their location. Only Platinum Giratina and Cynthia's Togepi have a location of Faraway place, so the Shuckle is most likely hacked. Does it have a National Ribbon or a special OT if it is from Orre, anyways?

Actually, Pokemon from the Gamecube games should list "Distant land" as their location. Only Platinum Giratina and Cynthia's Togepi have a location of Faraway place, so the Shuckle is most likely hacked. Does it have a National Ribbon or a special OT if it is from Orre, anyways?
It has no ribbons and the OT is in japanese

Is there any site that lists the version exclusives for HGSS? Normally I'd check Serebii but I can't access that site anymore.

Is there any site that lists the version exclusives for HGSS? Normally I'd check Serebii but I can't access that site anymore.

I'd assume them to be the same as the original games, but let's not bet too much on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom