• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Simple Questions, Simple (Or Not) Answers

Status
Not open for further replies.
i cant find the 5th gym leader in pearl....

can anyone help me?

i was told to post here.. but if it not the right placeplz let me knoe :D (im new to this ting)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if this is the right Question thread to post this in (please tell me if it's not), but I have a few questions:

~If a user's name is crossed out, does this mean they've been banned?
~If so, is there a way to tell if the ban is infinite or just for a few days?

Someone who was in a pending trade with me has their name crossed out, and I'm just wondering if I can figure out if they've been banned and if they're coming back. Thank you! :)
Not related to Video Games at all, so wrong place. But crossed out does mean banned. There's no way for regular users to know how long someone is banned.

Is there any way to get a legit Mew over the GTS? (before I waste a good pokemon on a hacked Mew...)
In Gen III, there was the event item Old Sea Map, which took you to a island housing a wild Mew. Most of the Mew you come across in GTS have been caught through this method, and are more or less legit. You can't really know.

i cant find the 5th gym leader in pearl....

can anyone help me?
I didn't play DP but instead Pt, but this is what I found as the first Google result with "fantina pokemon pearl":
I'm not sure how far you are but:
After you get four badges, go to pastoria, a galactic grunt will be standing by the marsh entrance. talk to him and he'll run, follow him till he gets to lake valor and beat him. after that cynthia will give you a secretpotion to move the psyduck, then go to celestic town. after you've gotten hm surf from the ruins there, fly to hearthome and Fantina will be there.

The Galactic Grunt says:

"Grr... The package hasn't arrived from the Vielstone warehouse yet. I have to wait here until then? I'm going batty from this wait. Oh, man, I wish i could do somthing that involved axplosives! Yup, this is going to be a smashing job for team Galactic." - Galactic Grunt.

he dont run...

As far as I can see, there is no way to get Explosion on Smeargle. If you Sketch it, there's no target. Am I right in assuming you can't have an Exploding Smeargle, and if not, how would you do it?
If you make Smeargle a Ghost-type with Conversion or have a Pokémon with the ability Damp. Basically, anything that prevents the move from working will be good.
Is there any way to get a legit Mew over the GTS? (before I waste a good pokemon on a hacked Mew...)
You're probably better off trading with someone in the Trade Center forum. Most of the Pokémon I've encountered on the GTS are hacks (although it does prevent some hacks).
The Galactic Grunt says:

"Grr... The package hasn't arrived from the Vielstone warehouse yet. I have to wait here until then? I'm going batty from this wait. Oh, man, I wish i could do somthing that involved axplosives! Yup, this is going to be a smashing job for team Galactic." - Galactic Grunt.

he dont run...
Did you battle both Maylene and Crasher Wake? Did you fight the Galactic Grunts that stole Lucas/Dawn's Pokédex in Veilstone? Those are the two things off the top of my head that would prevent his event from activating.

uhhmmm not sure i cant get past the "sliding" door of the wearhouse in vielstone.... its locked.

uhhmmm not sure i cant get past the "sliding" door of the wearhouse in vielstone.... its locked.
Yeah, that's not until later. If you fought both Maylene and Wake, I dunno what you're missing. Maybe there's a specific NPC you need to talk to? Did you go into the Contest Hall in Hearthome?

Not related to Video Games at all, so wrong place. But crossed out does mean banned. There's no way for regular users to know how long someone is banned.

Oh okay, thank you for responding despite my misplaced question! I appreciate it. :)
The only reason I'd thought it's slightly video game related is because we were planning to trade something in our Pokemon games before he was banned. My mistake.

As far as I can see, there is no way to get Explosion on Smeargle. If you Sketch it, there's no target. Am I right in assuming you can't have an Exploding Smeargle, and if not, how would you do it?

Get into a double battle with at least one opponent having Damp. If this isn't possible, get something with Damp and something with Skill Swap, and Swap Damp onto the Skill Swapper and then onto an opponent, then switch in Smeargle and your exploder. Exploder uses Explosion, fails, Smeargle uses Sketch.

Making Smeargle a Ghost type won't work. It'll just make Smeargle immune to the move. The user will still faint.

I've read all over about a certain thing one can do with ditto. Apparently if you have a ditto and another pokemon both holding a master ball the offspring will also be holding a master ball. I know it is most likely foolish of me to believe this but I just have to ask. Is there any warrant to this claim?

can you breed beldum?

EDIT: anthony, I highly doubt it

where does one change their characters appearance in HG/SS

explains why i can't find the place then

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom