• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM027: Come Forth! The Red, Red Gaze of Lugarugan!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
They just showcased aspects of games. They'll only do that till it looks good, and helps the plot. Sorta like when lightning Rod helped M-Sceptile get the edge against Raichu, they did it.

The prime example of this is how Pikachu seems to be able to hit ground type Pokemon with electric moves, and how a (seemingly) level 100 Pikachu got defeated by a Level 5 Snivy.
everything could help the plot if they would use it properly more, like Dragon Tails switching effect.
U-turn, Volt Switch, I dont understand why didnt they used that more. Or they are waiting for later generations for that?
This way both anime and games would make more profit on it.

But the games also have there down sides, like "Bulletproof" and Blast Burn.
I understand that Fire Blast becuse of the symbol, but Blast Burn?
Would be good if more fire moves could get block by it.
Even Mystical Fire could have been made a ball or blast move to associate it somehow more...

Last edited:
everything could help the plot if they would use it proper more, like Dragon Tails switching effect.
This way both anime and games would make more profit on it.

They won't make a noticeable profit on Dragon Tail's effect. lol. They just used Volt Switch's effect as a running gag.
The most recent dragon tail was MCharY vs MCharX, where the switching effect wouldn't be profitable, since they wanted to keep alain's Pokemon sans metagross hidden. Dragon tail would've exposed one of them and would've led to complications.

But the games also have there down sides, like "Bulletproof" and Blast Burn.
I understand that Fire Blast becuse of symbol, but Blast Burn?
Even Mythycal Fire could have been made a ball or blast move to associate it somehow...
Blast burn is not a blast move. It's just a fancy name.

Blast_Burn_VI_2.png

Alain_Mega_Charizard_X_Blast_Burn.png

Do these look like moves that would be 'bullet' moves?

Also, Fire Blast isn't a 'bullet' moves since it dosen't pierce the target, it burns it.

They won't make a noticeable profit on Dragon Tail's effect. lol. They just used Volt Switch's effect as a running gag.
The most recent dragon tail was MCharY vs MCharX, where the switching effect wouldn't be profitable, since they wanted to keep alain's Pokemon sans metagross hidden. Dragon tail would've exposed one of them and would've led to complications.
now is a gag but normally its a strategy. No complication would be if Metagross only.

Blast burn is not a blast move. It's just a fancy name.

its japanese name is blast and dex descprition is explosion. It should be.

Do these look like moves that would be 'bullet' moves?

Also, Fire Blast isn't a 'bullet' moves since it dosen't pierce the target, it burns it.

there is nothing about burning the foe- burn status.

The same goes for Eruption(explosive bombs , Ash Quilava used and camerupt) and Earth Power. And more moves that use blast, ball, bomb in their descriptions and names should really be added to the block list of Bulletproof. Then the users of this ability could be better.

That are the + and - of the games and anime that they would need to make more changes to fix some things more.

now is a gag but normally its a strategy. No complication would be if Metagross only
But the episode was titled "The Mega Charizard Showdown! X vs Y!" For heaven's sake. It wouldn't make sense if the battle was changed from Mega Charizard Showdown to Mega Charizard Y vs Metagross in seconds.

Also, I said that Fire Blast is the one which burns, not Blast Burn.

The target is attacked with an intense blast of all-consuming fire. This may also leave the target with a burn.
The Blast part is only mentioned in a few games, but the burn part is mentioned in each and every game. Even the stadium ones.

Eruption is shown as a Beam of fire in the anime, not a Blast.

Also, it wouldn't make sense to block all sorts of fire moves just to benefit a bulletproof Pokemon, and most of the moves you're suggesting don't make any sense.

(Also, this talk is off topic, so I'm ending this right here).

But the episode was titled "The Mega Charizard Showdown! X vs Y!" For heaven's sake. It wouldn't make sense if the battle was changed from Mega Charizard Showdown to Mega Charizard Y vs Metagross in seconds.

Also, I said that Fire Blast is the one which burns, not Blast Burn.

yes I know , but they could have made some metagross vs other pokemon. as a surprise.

The Blast part is only mentioned in a few games, but the burn part is mentioned in each and every game. Even the stadium ones.

Eruption is shown as a Beam of fire in the anime, not a Blast.

Also, it wouldn't make sense to block all sorts of fire moves just to benefit a bulletproof Pokemon, and most of the moves you're suggesting don't make any sense.

(Also, this talk is off topic, so I'm ending this right here).

but blocking only one legendary fire type move does make sense?
they have blast reference, and eruption was in the anime shown to be balls that blast.
they have the descriptions and name content to be given in to it.
I dind tsay Lava Plum, but moves that really have blast in names and descriptions. Wish there wold be more.
If something is bullet, ball and blast proof then why should say fear a Ice Shard? that is like a projectile.

Last edited:
I'm sooo excited for Gladion :DDD it will bring more of a darker tone to the happy SM anime

inTernALLy scREAMinG

I'm excited for Gladions appearance, while I have been enjoying Sun and Moon so far I do feel that the episodes could do with more Pokemon battles which Gladions appearance seems to offer. I'm also excited to see how Lillie and Gladion interact with each other, something that was missing from the games for the sake of keeping their relationship a secret.

Im going to go against the grain and hope that Gladion is a bit more comedy based for a character in this episode. His smirk does really have a Coldsteel the Hedgehog feel to it

Gladion in the series? *^* Oh my god, I'm very exciting. Come on episode, come on, we are waiting for you

Last edited:
Here is a new summary of the episode, which Dephender translated.

Ash has heard word of a Trainer using a Lycanroc who's recently appeared every now and then in the city. Hearing that this Trainer is really strong, he heads to the city, wanting a battle with him. After meeting the Trainer, they start their battle, but then a certain person appears.

I guesss some family drama will happen.

To be honest, I am just going to watch Lillie-centric episodes from now on (one every 10 episodes, apparently), ignoring Ash as much as possible (even though I like his current team).

New summaries!
Adamant said:
New summaries and a new picture.

Satoshi tells a Lugarugan Trainer he's heard of that they should have a battle, but...

2KcuAJY_d.jpg
As he's having time off from School, Satoshi hears talk of a super strong, mysterious Lugarugan Trainer everyone's been discussing recently. He definitely wants to battle this Tainer, so he heads into the city, where the Lugarugan Trainer in question shows up. Satoshi immediately suggests a battle, but...
As he's having time off from School, Satoshi hears talk of a mysterious Trainer that uses the Wolf Pokémon Lugarugan that's been discussed recently. He definitely wants to battle this Trainer, so he goes to the city, where the Trainer shows up. Satoshi immediately suggests a battle, but then Lilie suddenly arrives.

And there's the identity of the "certain person" spelled out for you, too.
May 18th: SM27 - Come Forth, Lugarugan with the Crimson Look!! - Page 16

Last edited by a moderator:
So they corrected the title, and it doesn't say "Get Out!" at the beginning.

Too early for that joke anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom