• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM032: Treasure Found! Mooland Search!!

For a Lana episode I cared more about what the other characters were doing rather than what Lana was doing, probably doesn't help that the Geodude battle was better than the Garbodor battle, and Lana bonding with Stoutland was predictable while I felt Lillie's progressing was more relatable with how she kept trying until she succeed, much better than another one where she solves it by accidentally touching them.

Also if Team Rocket pulls off anther stunt like episode 27 then next episode will probably completely ruin the episode for me and finally which the end of my patience with those bumbling clowns who seem to serve no actually purpose in this show other than being plot devices when the writers are too lazy to end something they started.

Is Kiawe going to keep those fossils he found? I don't think Kiawe intends to have a rock type pokemon in the future like Archen. Anyway, what kind of fossils has he found?

'Twas decent, but for an episode that was supposed to be about Lana, Ash and Lillie more or less stole the show.

Only significant thing that happened for Lana was finding the Z-Ring.

I find the episode rather entertaining and have some funny parts such as a stoutland pulling Ash's pants off. XD Lana fining a z-ring is a good way to set up for next week's episode.

Good point. Why don't those writers make episodes less boring and more interesting than that dull treasure hunting episode? The next episode is gonna be great, I would say. But there were some episodes that did well, remember? Like the emotional one with Litten, or Rockruff Fight Club episode.

Because Pokémon is so popular they can get away with lazy writing.

Ash was the main center here, but only because Lana's part was either a cookie-cutter protect Pokemon scenario or her Stoutland did most of the work. so she didn't particularly stand out (but at least she got a Z-ring so that makes me hopeful she'll do something exciting in the future). And even then, Ash was notable because of the predictably unsuccesful attempt at capture and of how much of a beating (joke-wise as a charcter) he took. I would have been inclined to say Lillie had progressed, but after her forays with Vulpix and Pikachu, it's starting to become a bit repetitive.

I would have been inclined to say Lillie had progressed, but after her forays with Vulpix and Pikachu, it's starting to become a bit repetitive.

I think that this is a bigger step for Lillie than we all realize. She has finally touched a Pokémon that she did not really get to know first. She had raised Snowy from an egg and she was constantly around Pikachu during class and oftentimes after as well. Stoutland, on the other hand, she had just met, and she was able to touch it, with a little help from Kukui, Olivia, and Snowy. She's far from cured, but this was a big step in the right direction.

We all know that won't happen, beside I'm pretty sure TPC cares more about the money they make from the merchandise related to the show than the ratings of the show.
Well, Pokemon as a brand name had already established its reputation, so at this point regardless of the quality or even the existence of anime, Pokemon merchandise will still sell like hotcakes, whether is it related to the anime or not.

Yeah but the anime gives them more of a reason to sell merchandise based off the characters in the anime and it also works to introduce new children to the franchise who have never seen or played Pokemon before.

Did anyone see a few Fletchling flying in one scene in this episode? And yet they are not listed to the page like someone forgot to add them.

I really liked this episode! Lana is probably my favorite female classmate (I really like all of them, but there's something about Lana that just draws me to her) and I feel like this was a really strong episode for her. I thought it was interesting that she chose the most disobedient Stoutland. I thought she was simply going to get stuck with it, but the fact that she actively chose to work with it was pretty cool. I feel like this episode was also a great example of the "girl of action" description she was given from the start. You don't always see it with her, but here you definitely did. I really like that she maintains her calm demeanor during everything as well.

Thank goodness the writers included a flashback of Litten's Stoutland! When I first saw this episode was going to air, I was worried they would do it and completely disregard the history we already have with this Pokémon in this series. So I'm really happy that was included. Ash saying in his head "don't worry, Stoutland, I'm taking care of Litten" was so sweet and aww-worthy.

Speaking of the Stoutland, I really liked that they all had different personalities that matched up pretty well with the trainer who picked them (except, of course, for Lana). It was really neat to see so many of the same Pokémon, but each one was so different from one another. I also loved that Ash's had its tongue out all the time!

Very exciting that Lana got a Z-Ring. This is why I've really gotten into Z-Moves so much more than Mega Evolution: I really love that they're extending them out towards the other characters. Now Lana has the ability to get a Z-Crystal, and I think that's awesome! I may not be the biggest battle fan, but the opportunity to see the female companions battle more often is something I would love to see.

Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom