• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM046: The Shapeshifting Metamon, Find that 'mon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question. Were Dittos already established to keep their faces when transforming in the anime?
I don't remember any of the Ditto episodes we've had after Duplica's to be honest, but back in those days that was supposed to be a trait exclusive to her Ditto.

Quick question. Were Dittos already established to keep their faces when transforming in the anime?
I don't remember any of the Ditto episodes we've had after Duplica's to be honest, but back in those days that was supposed to be a trait exclusive to her Ditto.

No. The trait was exclusive to Duplica's ditto. I guess this episode is meant to reference her ditto since it’s the most iconic one.

I kind of want to see how Mimikyu would look if Ditto transformed into it.

Also, this episode is slowly making me hate Faba.

For some reason many people believe that all Dittos transform like that.
Fair enough. Ditto is strongly marketed as transforming like that, actually. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon it as a trait all Dittos share in the anime, and perhaps even in the games eventually.

Last edited:
Fair enough. Ditto is strongly marketed as transforming like that, actually. That's why I wouldn't be surprised if they retcon it as a trait all Dittos share in the anime, and perhaps even in the games eventually.

They could make it similar to the one from the original series and claim it has a "unique" problem of not being able to transform its face. Bonus points if Satoshi remembers the previous one he met but it wouldn't be necessary for it to work.

I feel sorry for Rowlet right now... Faba was so mean to harm that stupid owl and chucked it as a football.

This episode has increased my dislike of Faba even more. Hopefully he gets attacked by one of Ash's Pokemon (preferably Dartrix, but Torracat will do) later down the line.

Looking at images of Ditto, from toys and such, a lot of them have the same eyes that this Ditto has, Ditto's normal eyes. So it seems like only Narissa's Ditto and Brodie's Ditto are the only ones who can change their eyes when using Transform. Maybe it's a technique that takes a while to master, or something like that. Because besides Ditto's face, there's no other huge defining features on its body.

There are also the transformed Dittos from Pokémon Snap which have said characteristic.

bulbadit.jpg

Granted, I’d love for the transformations to be varied, so that one time it can’t transform its eyes, another time it can’t transform the skin’s color, and other similar “mistakes”.

It could end up becoming a more child-friendly version of “Where’s Waldo?”, in a sense.

There are also the transformed Dittos from Pokémon Snap which have said characteristic.

bulbadit.jpg

Granted, I’d love for the transformations to be varied, so that one time it can’t transform its eyes, another time it can’t transform the skin’s color, and other similar “mistakes”.

It could end up becoming a more child-friendly version of “Where’s Waldo?”, in a sense.

There were some episodes in the Anime that some Ditto can change their faces, I guess Narissa and Brodie's Ditto are able to change their faces upon transformation. There're also plush toys with Ditto with its normal eyes while still in transformation. The only way to find that Ditto is to look very closely on the ally's face. Apparently the fake one will be exposed faster after investigating an ally and the impostor. Ditto will transform into a Pokemon, but its face remains the same and can't control to change it. But I wouldn't look for it at a bunch of Quagsire... Because their faces look similar to Ditto. And it will confuse you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom