• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM066: Smash with Sketch! The Fierce Fighting Poké-Ping Pong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
New Summary
New summary:
Adamant said:
Today's lesson consists of "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainer and Pokémon play ping pong together. Satoshi and his friends get really interested in Poké-Ping Pong after getting taught by guest lecturer Ilima, and decide to go see watch the tournament he's going to participate in.
It's called "Poké-Ping Pong", not "Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament". So, by SM's standards, it's a different kind of sport, probably.

Last edited by a moderator:
New summary:

It's called "Poké-Ping Pong", not "Pokémon Ping Pong Tournament". So, by SM's standards, it's a different kind of sport, probably.

I believed, Anna will be hosts for this competition. If not, it will be that hilarious old guy under name as Ping Pong Master. That kept spewing of those lines:

"I was playing this sport ever since 50 years ago and I almost win in 60 year. Only to be mourning for 70 years for not touching this stuff ever again. Until today, 80 years later, I was invited to be the hosts for this competition."

Can't stop writing all this crap without of him possibility appear in this episode alongwith his two cousin that had saying many similar things. Gotta be even more humor if the prize of this competition going to another pathetic wooden brick like what in PokéSled Jump Tournament. It will be so funny.

Can't stop writing all this crap without of him possibility appear in this episode alongwith his two cousin that had saying many similar things.
What I don't get it is: Why do everyone assume that they're different persons, instead of same person under different pretenses?

What I don't get it is: Why do everyone assume that they're different persons, instead of same person under different pretenses?

Maybe. It could be like Nurse Joy, officer Jenny & Parker. Except only with different name. It might be someone come to this region to investigate the Ultra Beasts that keep on pouring from Alola and the possibility of Ultra Recon Squad that tortureing the third legendary pokémon, Necrozma.

My only guesses, that old guy could be the disguised of Looker, the international investigator that seen throughout of D&P & the later half of B&W. But, we don't know yet, if is him or not. Only time can tell.

There is a news article promoting these episodes.
Adamant said:
The Legendary Prince Brings Eventful Days to the Pokémon School?!
Yudai Chiba attempts voice acting!

Yudai Chiba goes to the Pokémon world!
Famous actor Yudai Chiba is going to make an endeavor as a voice actor in the anime TV series "Pocket Monsters Sun & Moon". He's playing an elite graduate student from the school named Ilima, who's the center of lots of hearsay. He's always accompanied by his partner, an Eievui. He will be appearing for two weeks in a row, March 8th and March 15th.

He also appears on "Pokénchi" dressed in Ilima-style clothes!!
"Pokémon no Uchi Atsumaru?" is a TV show where the hosts play Pokémon-inspired games with guests, have Pokémon battles with viewers, and so on, every week. (Airs Sunday March 4th from 8am to 8:30am). This week they'll also show a status report from Yudai Chiba's Pokémon anime voice actor dubbing session.

There is a news article promoting these episodes.

They also did that for Gladion debut as well. Now, I wondering after this episode is over. Do we finally get to see the debut of Acerola, Nanu and the possibility of Team Skull leader Guzma in person? Like what we get following the Kanto mini-Arc with Misty & Brock return?

Also, don't call me predicator if it happened. Because, it is obvious and expected that this characters will appear in the future episode.

TV Tokyo preview, two new summaries, staff list, VA list
Preview

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eo2E4jxgYKQ

Two new summaries and a staff list, credit goes to Dephender for the translation:
Satoshi and the others are being taught the table tennis sport "Poké-Ping Pong", where Trainers and Pokémon work together. Ilima, who has come to serve as their guest lecturer, tells them he and his Pokémon Doble have entered and won many tournaments. Ilima's lecture got Satoshi and the others really interested in Poké-Ping Pong, so they go to watch a tournament Ilima is entering.
Satoshi and his friends are playing a sports called "Poké-Ping Pong" for class. The sport involves Trainer and Pokémon play together. Their guest lecturer Ilima is so skilled at Poké-Ping Pong he even participates in tournaments, and Satoshi and the others decide to go see him in action. Last year, Ilima was defeated in the finals, but he's burning with fighting spirit, thinking this will be the year he wins.

Screenplay 米村正二 (Shōji Yonemura)
Storyboard 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Episode Director 小平麻紀 (Maki Kodaira)
Animation Director 大西雅也 (Masaya Onishi)
And the VA list, credit goes to Adamant:
Voice Cast:
Rica Matsumoto: Satoshi
Ikue Ohtani: Pikachu
Daisuke Namikawa: Rotom
Kei Shindo: Lilie
Kaito Ishikawa: Kaki
Reina Ueda: Mao
Hitomi Kikuchi: Suiren
Fumiko Takekuma: Māmane
Keiichi Nakagawa: Professor Kukui
Megumi Hayashibara: Musashi
Shinichiro Miki: Kojiro
Inuko Inuyama: Nyarth
Yuji Ueda: Sonansu
Yudai Chiba: Ilima
Mika Kanai: Togedemaru
Rikako Aikawa: Ashimari
Chika Fujimura: Amamaiko
Chinami Nishimura: Kojondo
Risa Shimizu: Eievui
Koji Okino: Ikari
Kenta Miyake: Referee
Unsho Ishizuka: Narration

Last edited:
I love how Meowth is nonplussed by this. "What even is this feeling?"

Can't wait to see more love for Smeargle.

And the VA list, credit goes to Adamant
You missed one.
Adamant said:
Satoshi and the others end up playing "Poké-Ping Pong", a sports that's played alongside Pokémon, for class. Their teacher for this class is Ilima. Ilima is extremely good at Poké-Ping Pong as well, to the point where it looks like he's going to win a tournament. Satoshi and the others decide to go watch a tournament he's entering, where it turns out a player that beat Ilima in an earlier tournament is entering as well... Will Ilima be able to win this time?!

Would have added VA list and summaries but admin got there before me with Bulbapedia down last night.

Nice to see Meinshao appeared and having a speaking line, shame we have to put up with Team Rocket again, two episodes absent isn't enough

Calling it now: That blonde woman (Yes, i know who she is, but lets play a twerp here) and Wobbuffet are gonna be DQ'd for using Mirror Coat.
Why? Pokémon moves are clearly allowed in this contest, so I see nothing wrong with Counter (yes, I'm pretty certain it's Counter and not Mirror Coat).

Nice try guys, but wrong sport.

05d6e5afa3bad5695ab0b4d3c414de4b--television-program-anime-watch.jpg

Just for the record, I hear another Roketto-Dan Danka remix during the preview.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom