• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Review SM083: Satoshi Becomes Small

I still don't get why Pikachu's sneeze turned them back to normal. Is this a trope that I'm not aware of?

I still don't get why Pikachu's sneeze turned them back to normal. Is this a trope that I'm not aware of?
I think it was just a coincidence. It was established in the extra scene that the ray's effect is only temporary, so it was probably just a coincidence that they turned back to normal just when Pikachu happened to sneeze.

Not an episode I expected to enjoy, but I did, very much so! Although I don't understand the lack of safeguarding wrt Sauboh, his being reduced to a petty comic relief character (who both the kids and Kukui are allowed to rag on) does feel like punishment enough. Lillie psyching herself up to accept life as a toy-sized person was pretty funny and I also loved the way they modified their voices depending on the perspective of the shot! Nice to see Persian get the shit kicked out of it - I'm glad Mao now has a proper battle-worthy mon!!

I think SM is seen as more parodic because people are too quick to label sonething a parody.
I think it was just a coincidence. It was established in the extra scene that the ray's effect is only temporary, so it was probably just a coincidence that they turned back to normal just when Pikachu happened to sneeze.
That doesn't make sense. It's a show written by a writer not real life, there can be no coincidences.

I think SM is seen as more parodic because people are too quick to label sonething a parody.
I think we're mostly talking about references rather than parodies in here.
That doesn't make sense. It's a show written by a writer not real life, there can be no coincidences.
Yes there can. It was just written to happen that at that moment in time for comedic effect.

Did Ash, Sophocles, and Lille narrated the WTP dub in their shrunken voice? In my opinion, if Ash read the title in his shrunken voice, why not the WTP? Still, everyone narrated it so it is not notable.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom