• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Preview SM128: The Curtain Rises! The Alola Pokémon League!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's no room for an Orange Islands or DA-esque filler arc, so it's not happening. Those only happen when they run out of game-based material too fast.

Seems like they're running low game based material to me...:confused_emoji:

Though yeah, there are some things they can to pass the time until SS (made another thread for it). The real question is how long it'll last time 'em, especially with this saga's awkward pacing...<_<

Seems like they're running low game based material to me...:confused_emoji:

Though yeah, there are some things they can to pass the time until SS (made another thread for it). The real question is how long it'll last time 'em, especially with this saga's awkward pacing...<_<

We're only gonna need about 10 or so episodes following the league. That won't be a full-on Orange Islands/Decolore-esque filler arc, it'll just be a short closing arc for the series.

Orange Islands was 35 episodes.
Decolore Islands was 19 episodes

Whatever they have to end SM will be shorter than those.

Breaking: League Winner Leaked

:wynaut:

I honestly would be fine with that. After all, nobody has a better relationship with their Pokémon than James does. :LOL:

Though in all seriousness I am looking forward to this League a lot. I know many people are doubting the quality of the league, but I’m not counting it out quite yet. Sun and Moon have constantly been full of surprises and I’m excited to see what they come up with next :]

And heck, as I said earlier, this League will likely be shorter than the Kalos League!

Whatever comes after it better be good. If this another case of months of busy work filler like with the Orange Islands and especially DA, I swear the Arceus I'm quitting the Show until the Galar Saga...
Compared to what SM has given us as a series, I think I’d rather take another Orange Islands over more of the endlessly dicking around that SM is famous for. At least the Orange Islands had the concept of adventure in a tropical region as opposed to spending 80% of the time in the same location. While others get a couple episodes before returning to the hub map.

Sounds good to me. :D
This is going to be one of Ash's worst League losses anyway, so may as well go that route! :p
Heck, that's actually one of the better scenarios for how this could play out.

Compared to what SM has given us as a series, I think I’d rather take another Orange Islands over more of the endlessly dicking around that SM is famous for. At least the Orange Islands had the concept of adventure in a tropical region as opposed to spending 80% of the time in the same location. While others get a couple episodes before returning to the hub map.

Ooh, good point. Hadn't thought of it like that...

There's no room for an Orange Islands or DA-esque filler arc, so it's not happening. Those only happen when they run out of game-based material too fast.

Orange Islands wasn't too bad, Decalore wasn't so good but I'm glad we'll be going from the league back to Kanto or whatever

"if SM ends at 138", don't de-contextualise what I said. Jesus Christ.

Ah heck, I wasn't thinking of that at all. I never even bought that lame theory for a second :p

It's the way this series usually plays out that made me say that. All anyone has to do is look at the lack of battles and how a lot of them went to realize this ain't gonna be much of a League.

Actually, James of Team Rocket should not win to the finals to become the Alola Champion.

Ah heck, I wasn't thinking of that at all. I never even bought that lame theory for a second :p

I don't care what you think of and that's not even the point. Instead, I don't give that much thought to that theory myself (although I don't completely rule it out, especially if SwSh is to release in early November). It's the de-contextualisation that bothers me, because with it it's as if you're saying I truly believe it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom