• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Mafia Space Race Mafia - Day 4 - Project Apollo (2/6/2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Space Race Mafia - Day 2 - Project Mercury (1/26/2013)

@Orion
@twinArmageddons
@Phoenicks

You did not have an active vote placed at the deadline.

1.) Why did you not hammer Soulmaster?

2.) Why did you not present an alternative wagon?

Intended to hammer, was waiting for Soulmaster's response, did not get one, forgot entirely.

Dangerous Townies = Townies that are a threat to Mafiyas = Townies with good scum-reading = Townies who had shown some good 'reads'/analysis on the previous Day phase(s), and made the mafia feel that they need to get rid of that player as soon as possible.

= Namekill

I'd get rid of townies who do a lot of analysis in the main thread if I were mafia - and we can see that there are certain players who have been getting reasonable analysis done.

You can name names

Imo, they would be on my priority nightkill list, and be gone by at least Night 3 to ensure the townies do not have any good 'readers' left. So how do we know who's a good 'reader'? By looking at the main thread since private communications are not allowed. Even if one IS a very good player, if the number of posts are small, there is a limit to know how much of a threat that person might be. We had only gotten through Day 1, and Neon didn't post much anything - therefore, was not a threat to the mafia, yet. That was why his death was unexpected - to me, at least. Of course, those who had played with Neon in the past might know how well he 'reads', and targeted him right off the bat. But past games are past games - I'm only using the current game situation to apply to my theory.

This is all fairly meaningnless

When you want to contribute to the "reasanable analysys" "getting" "done," you can start by responding to the lynch activity instead of acting surprised about ____

You did not have an active vote placed at the deadline.

1.) Why did you not hammer Soulmaster?

2.) Why did you not present an alternative wagon?

1) Homework

2) Homework

At some point tomorrow I'm going to take a break and go through the thread but:

Homework

Midway through Day 2 and, unless you count Aerial Ace's RVS vote, I'm the only one who has committed to any reads.

I'd like to hear everyone's top suspects, please - if you're feeling particularly crazy you can include reasons as well, but I'll take what I can get.

My top suspect is Dark Blueberry, in case my vote didn't make that abundantly clear, followed by Soulmaster for lurking and generally failing to do anything pro-town.

Well, considering that there are only two mafiosi in this game, and judging from the Soulmaster's behavior, and Dark Blueberry's weird comment, you would think that they would be the mafia pair, but of those two, I think only one of them is a mafioso. I could be wrong, but how often does the town find all of the mafia in three phases? Besides, mafiosi don't tend to be this obvious.

I agree with Master Mew about Dark Blueberry's cautious wording. It also appears to me that she is trying to stay neutral, which is a bad thing, so

​Vote: Dark Blueberry

The clock is running down... is this going to be another one of Bulba's famous last-minute lynches? :-/

1.) What do you think of the Dark Blueberry wagon?

2.) Who is your top suspect?

I don't know how you guys are doing it, I can't get reads out of this silence.

Will be away on travel from the 30th until ~2nd. Will have limited access.

Apologies for not posting more. Have been busy traveling.

The clock is running down... is this going to be another one of Bulba's famous last-minute lynches? :-/

1.) What do you think of the Dark Blueberry wagon?

2.) Who is your top suspect?

I don't know how you guys are doing it, I can't get reads out of this silence.

1. Wagon or not, no majority yet - thus, no lynch
2. I don't have a top suspect yet

Re: Space Race Mafia - Night 2 - Project Mercury (1/29/2013)

Both sides had their sights set on manned space flight. In Russia, test flights for the Vostok program were taking place, and in the United States the Mercury Redstone flights were being planned. To many, Yuri Gagarin was the obvious choice to be the first among the Soviets to go into space. He was even the favorite among his fellow candidates. In the United States it was less clear, but it was eventually decided that Alan Shepherd would be the first of the Americans.

Tests for the Vostok flight initially had a varying rate of success. However, two key test launches were highly successful, so the first manned flight of the Vostok program was scheduled. Meanwhile, the United States, after experiencing some problems of their own, was also ready to schedule their first manned Mercury Redstone flight. Tensions were high in the Spring of 1961, as both sides knew the other side was ready.

On April 12 1961, the Vostok launch vehicle took off with Yuri Gagarin on board. After a successful launch, Gagarin spent 108 minutes orbiting the Earth. However, trouble began during reentry. The attitude control thrusters failed on his Vostok capsule, and he was thrown into a terrible spin. Although the craft was spherical so it could reenter at any alignment, the spin prevented Gagarin from opening the hatch and parachuting to the ground. He was killed instantly when his capsule plummeted into the ground.*

As per Soviet policy, the failure of Vostok 1 was not publicized. Therefore the sub orbital flight of Alan Shepard on May 5 was counted as the first human space flight. However this was a bittersweet victory, as the Soviets still launched Gherman Titov into orbit on August 6. While the Americans won a small victory by claiming the first man in space, the Soviets claim that it didn't count because he didn't orbit the earth.

Orion, you are Yuri Gagarin.

Yuri-Gagarin-Moscow--_7137.jpg

You are a Soviet cosmonaut, famous for being the first human in space.

You have been interested in space since your youth. You attended vocational technical school, where you joined the AeroClub and first learned how to fly light aircraft. After graduating technical school, you entered military service where you flew the MiG-15. You received the rank of Senior Lieutenant in the Soviet Air Force.

In 1960, after a rigorous selection process, you were chosen with 19 other pilots for the Soviet Space Program. From these 20, you were selected for an elite training group known as the Sochi Six, who would be the first cosmonauts for the Vostok program. Even among the other candidates, you were popular. In an anonymous poll asking which of their fellow pilots would be the best choice for the first spaceflight, all but three of the 20 chose Yuri Gagarin.

On April 12 1961, you became the first human to travel into space, and the first to orbit the earth. You piloted your Vostok 1 capsule carried into space by the R-7 rocket designed by Sergei Korolev. This flight gave you international fame, and also beat the Americans to manned spaceflight by nearly a month, and to orbit by nearly a year. You earned many decorations for this flight, including Hero of the Soviet Union, the nation's highest honor.

After Vostok 1, you never flew in space again. You were scheduled as a backup to Soyuz 1, but when Soyuz 1 ended in a fatal crash, you were permanently banned from the space program for fear that the Soviet Union would lose one of its national heroes. You later became the deputy training director of the Star City cosmonaut training base.

You are a vanilla townie.

You are aligned with the Soviet Space Program. You win when all members of NASA are dead.

Death: Yuri Gagarin died on March 27 1968 during a routine training flight. He died in a MiG-15 trainer with flight instructor Vladimir Seryogin. He was cremated and his ashes were buried in the walls of the Kremlin on Red Square.

Orion, Yuri Gagarin, was night killed. He was Soviet.

It is now Day 3. You may cast your votes. Seven players remain, so four votes are required for a lynch. If a majority is not reached, then this phase will end at 11:00 PM EST on February 2.

Re: Space Race Mafia - Night 2 - Project Mercury (1/29/2013)

This phase actually needs activity!

Vote: Dark Blueberry

I already stated my reasoning.

Re: Space Race Mafia - Day 3 - Project Gemini (1/30/2013)

I get chosen as a lynch target because I was careful with my words?

Vote: Zima

Sorry I haven't been posting recently. High School.

Anyways, I have no idea who to vote for, so PERSUADE ME PLZ!

Vote: TM40 Aerial Ace

Persuade me, please.

No one is talking. This phase really is do or die, guys, if we no lynch again we'll have no available mislynches (don't get me wrong, I wouldn't up and give up if that happened, why plan on mislynching, after all? :p).

At this point, I'd be comfortable with lynching anyone who isn't scumhunting, since frankly they'll be no help in LYLO anyway. The trouble is that that's pretty much everyone at the moment.

I'm going to go out on a couple limbs here, since things are getting dire:

1.) I'm going to assume that, since we failed to get a hammer on both Day 1 and Day 2, one of our previous lynch targets was probably Scum. If I had to pick one, I'm leaning toward Dark Blueberry (even though I seem to be lynching Dark Blueberry a lot lately :sweatlol:).

Unvote: TM40 Aerial Ace
Vote: Dark Blueberry

@Dark Blueberry

2.) I'm going to assume that Phoenicks is probably Town - not because of anything particularly pro-town that he's done, but because he has contributed to the inactivity that plagues this game, and inactivity is a really pathetic way to win as Mafia - not a route I would expect him to take. He is not confirmed, but I have opted to trust him. If only as a necessary evil, as I really need somebody to work with, here.

@Phoenicks Talk to me, sir. What are your thoughts?

@Master Mew; Yes - I am getting lynched all the time in pretty much all mafia games, and did you realize that I'm town in every single game I was lynched for reasons that were pretty much boosted by you? But that's other games anyways.

Well, in fact - pathetic or not, it's the town's fault for inactivity if they lose. The mafia aren't stupid enough to just let the phases slide because nobody is talking. They'd win anyways, just like in the past games. I remember where in a game I was an OP mafia vs inactive town, and the mafia barely had to do anything to win. And guess what, Phoenicks was part of the mafia team. He didn't do anything much, and same goes to the rest of the mafias. I think it was Mages mafia or something... but yeah. It's not the first time he's been inactive as a mafia - if he is actually trying to use it to his advantage. See - look how you're more opted to believe him, it could be exactly what he's luring you in for because you're influential, and by getting you to talk and vote people would follow your wagon. That's just my thought, but anyways.

@Master Mew; Yes - I am getting lynched all the time in pretty much all mafia games, and did you realize that I'm town in every single game I was lynched for reasons that were pretty much boosted by you? But that's other games anyways.
That reason being a lack of scumhunting. Scumhunting is the primary purpose of a Townie, so I do tend to assume that someone whose scumhunting is absent or insincere is more likely to be Scum.

Well, in fact - pathetic or not, it's the town's fault for inactivity if they lose. The mafia aren't stupid enough to just let the phases slide because nobody is talking. They'd win anyways, just like in the past games. I remember where in a game I was an OP mafia vs inactive town, and the mafia barely had to do anything to win. And guess what, Phoenicks was part of the mafia team. He didn't do anything much, and same goes to the rest of the mafias. I think it was Mages mafia or something... but yeah. It's not the first time he's been inactive as a mafia - if he is actually trying to use it to his advantage. See - look how you're more opted to believe him, it could be exactly what he's luring you in for because you're influential, and by getting you to talk and vote people would follow your wagon. That's just my thought, but anyways.
Do you think Phoenicks is Scum?

Edit: Seriously, call someone scum and I'll unvote you. In fact, if that someone is non-me, I'll even sheep you. Just scumhunt, please. @Dark Blueberry

That reason being a lack of scumhunting. Scumhunting is the primary purpose of a Townie, so I do tend to assume that someone whose scumhunting is absent or insincere is more likely to be Scum.

Which - clearly, by the recent events of lynching me, and seeing the results of my roles flipping town - proves that one is not necessarily scum even if they haven't been scumhunting much.
Do you think Phoenicks is Scum?
[/quote]
No. I can't tell by those wall posts just yet. But he is certainly one mafia player to look out for because of excellent analyzing, and I assume he knows what will result in anti-town behavior, and is good at avoiding it as well. Because unless the mafia kills Phoenicks early on, nobody actually questions him until it is late in the game.

Which - clearly, by the recent events of lynching me, and seeing the results of my roles flipping town - proves that one is not necessarily scum even if they haven't been scumhunting much.
I have not said, nor will I ever, that not scumhunting makes someone "necessarily scum." It is absolutely anti-town, however, and makes one more likely to be scum, which is all I said - and also all one needs to justify a lynch.

If someone isn't scumhunting, then they are not, by definition, helping to catch scum. Therefore, they are not helping the Town achieve its Win-Condition. Therefore they are anti-town. Therefore lynching them is worth the risk.

They still might be Town, because sometimes Townies are anti-town. Doesn't really invalidate my point, however.

No. I can't tell by those wall posts just yet. But he is certainly one mafia player to look out for because of excellent analyzing, and I assume he knows what will result in anti-town behavior, and is good at avoiding it as well. Because unless the mafia kills Phoenicks early on, nobody actually questions him until it is late in the game.

Of all the players in this game, pick one person who you feel is the most likely to flip scum (even if the "most" likely still feels unlikely). Who is the scummiest, or most anti-town, person from your perspective?

I'm not even joking, I want to work with you. Pick someone who you think is scum, vote them (unless the answer is Zima, in which case, just leave your vote where it is :XD: ), and I will help you lynch them. We worked well together in Madoka Mafia and I really do want to work with you here, but you need to give me something to work with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom