• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Spam: Report it and Ignore it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this like a forum for mods or something?
Anyway what if someone wrote something but they didn't even know what they were writing was considered a spam..
its probably happened to people such as myself >_>

No, this is just the announcements and rules forum...

In any case, I hate to say it, but if someone writes something and don't know if it's considered spam, they should probably take a better look at the rules. In the end, it's up to the moderators and administrators to make the decision, but the situation can be avoided by reading and re-reading the rules.

Again: The only spam that we are not supposed to reply to are spambot threads/advertisements. If someone who is a regular user posts something totally dumb that we deem to be "spam," nobody who replies to it should ever be infracted. If that happens, let one of the admin know and we'll look into it.

So, to explain things better:
Do no reply to posts like this: "Apple 3G iPhone $420, Pounds of Marijuana $420, It's a 420 Blowout on 420iPhoneDeals.commie!!!!!1111oneone!!!sevenmondaysquarepineapplepencil"

Sure, you can reply to posts like this, but what's the point sometimes: "Hai guiz, u no i liek teh mudkipz, and I think that Max is sexy."

Well, sure. I no problem with being quoted in sigs, so whatever makes your sig happy. :)

Most spam is just automated anyway. Whether you reply or not doesn't do anything to encourage or discourage. They'll still keep coming, and in the same numbers, unless action is taken to shut down spambots altogether. Besides, it's fun to joke around with them anyway.

chenyoule said:
Hi,everyoneI'm from UK! designer wedding gowns jewelrycheap brides jewelryjewelry making suppliesbridal handbags jewelrycrystal bride jewelery

Like here. To this, I'd say something like "Cheap brides jewelry? Come now, my British friend. If I was marrying someone, I'd be damn sure I pulled out all the stops to get her the most expensive piece of jewelry reasonably possible! Make her feel like a queen or something. Gets me some good karma leading to being rewarded, if you catch my drift. :D"

QFT.

It's equivalent to arguing with a Magic 8-Ball.
I've done that.

Its just that I don't think these people realize that they are bots when they reply. I mean I'm sure some people thought Bulbabot was a real person awhile back, thanking it for posting news articles.

If one smartassed though witty comment towards an adbot's post is annoying to you, well...let's just say there are bigger issues to worry about than said comments! :D Of course, thinking it's a real person, flipping out and (verbally) killing it is a whole different story. Really, it should depend on the circumstances.

I've seen bots on here have conversations with each other. Personally, I think they're taking over.

Magmaster,

It's just to annoy people if it's non-advertising. Sometimes if it's advertising spam, it could usually lead to virus downloads, crashes, etc.

And if you wonder why they like to give you viruses, it's to gain all your information, and it eventually takes your accounts, makes spam accounts, takes bank account info, and, well, pretty much ruins your virtual life.

o_O

It's pretty ironic that a thread which was dead for 6 months about spam was revived by a spambot.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom