• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

slap an enlarged Shellder over Slowbro. it's Mega Slowbro. i'm not going to outright say it's lazy, but let's not really pretend it's incredibly inspiring either. we still don't exactly know the background of A-Diglett, so to kinda write it off immediately as lazy seems a bit presumptuous to me. after all, it's not like Diglett's family is the epitome of Pokemon design anyways.
I never called M-Slowbro the epitome of Pokémon designs. But it's wayyyy more inspired than A-Dugtrio. And as I've already said. No explaination they give will make just putting a wig on Dugtrio a good design. I know that they could have came up with a "joke" design that wasn't as lazy as just adding one small thing to an existing design and.calling it a day.

So no alola arbok

Aw man, you just reminded me of how much I was wanting an Alolan Arbok...

Oh! So…no new fossil boys? *lays on the floor* It’s okay…I never really wanted any new sweet, sweet fossil boys anyways… *quietly sobs*

Now I feel kinda bad for suggesting the No-Fossils idea.. sorry. <=P

To be fair it wouldn't have made sense to have fossil Pokémon since Alola is a series of volcanic islands, which are by nature relatively new landmasses and the lava is likely to destroy any fossils that could have been present.

I never called M-Slowbro the epitome of Pokémon designs. But it's wayyyy more inspired than A-Dugtrio. And as I've already said. No explaination they give will make just putting a wig on Dugtrio a good design. I know that they could have came up with a "joke" design that wasn't as lazy as just adding one small thing to an existing design and.calling it a day.
I guess my standards are just too low compared to yours then. Woe.

Dugtrio being surfers is so obvious to me? It seems wrong.

First thing i thought was Melanesians, but thats weirder. Maybe they're hairy coconuts.

Aw man, you just reminded me of how much I was wanting an Alolan Arbok...

T.T and the typings I wanted one with fire rock/electric sounds dumb to me...and kind of useless i wanted a rock/fire for golem so bad. I need more alola forms that are not as sad...although i'm still trying to find dugtrio...i know he is actually in the demo somewhere

To be fair it wouldn't have made sense to have fossil Pokémon since Alola is a series of volcanic islands, which are by nature relatively new landmasses and the lava is likely to destroy any fossils that could have been present.

Right, that's what I'd always said and I do think it makes sense to recreate that in Alola, although some fossils have been found in Hawaii (like, shellfish and stuff, I think), and I just know that Junee really wanted new Fossil Pokémon. :p

Btw, anyone noticed that no matter what core color Minior has, it shiny will be black.

Wait, that was the Shiny? I thought it was like an event-exclusive Core, à la Vivillon's two event Patterns.

surfer hair. Surfer hair - Wikipedia

its the only think i can think of for Dugtrio's existence.

Okay, I can see that, but I think not only could they have taken the concept further, but also, it's kind of redundant when we already have Raichu pulling off the surfer concept much better.

The bill for my therapy is in the mail. >:p

It also doesn't make sense for a woodpecker to become a toucan, but here we are...

Okay, I can see that, but I think not only could they have taken the concept further, but also, it's kind of redundant when we already have Raichu pulling off the surfer concept much better.

im just happy they didnt slap the hair on raichu. xD

Call me crazy but what if
ab56w0.png

Since both the babies are behind Solgaleo and Lunala in the pokedex sprite list
What if it's a 3-stage evolution line?
Unlikely I know. But just wondering coz Lunala's pre-evo kind of seems a little too small..

ab56w0.png

I dont think so. the fluff thing looks like there are stars on its "wings" the other thing looks alot like the yellow around the face of solgaleo. it reminds me of its head.

Wait, that was the Shiny? I thought it was like an event-exclusive Core, à la Vivillon's two event Patterns.
If you check the zip file, there is one black core for every colored core there is, in place of shinies.

The dataminers on Smogon already said that the blue and pink one is Lunaala's "pre-evolution" and the blue and yellow one is Solgaleo's. Whether or not they're true prevos is yet to be seen.

ab56w0.png

Unlikely I know. But just wondering coz Lunala's pre-evo kind of seems a little too small..

I think you may be onto something. Looking at this makes a lot of sense. Although can somebody clarify how they are laid out in the Pokédex for me? You say they're "behind" Solgaleo/Lunala, is that true?

Edit: Nvm, apparently Smogon says it's two different lines? I'm confused. :p

Back
Top Bottom