• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

I think you may be onto something. Looking at this makes a lot of sense. Although can somebody clarify how they are laid out in the Pokédex for me? You say they're "behind" Solgaleo/Lunala, is that true?

Edit: Nvm, apparently Smogon says it's two different lines? I'm confused. :p
Yeah, it's accepted that it is two different lines. But just food for thought :p
Anyway, here is the 'behind' Solgaleo/Lunala image
142aczc.jpg

I can only assume its a core for each emmosary then an entire 3 stage line. One has the tufts which sprount into Lunala's wings and the other is literally Solgaleo' mane. Its an interesting concept, as it suggests that the galactic forehead with the glowing eyes and sun/moon sigil is literally a psychic projection of the actual Pokemon's real eyes.
Wait a god damn minute. Huge spoiler speculation.
What if Lillie stole or is protecting the depowered Solgaleo/Lunala and is on a quest to power it up so that there could be an actual force to stop the UB Threat, and you travel throughout the game always in close proximity of the box legendary, who is much more accepting of you as a trainer and hero of the region because they have seen your feats all throughout the games?!

Last edited:
I should say my final thoughts based on what we have.
  • First of all, I am genuienly disappointed that Game Freak didn't really give us much more than Gen VI got. This was my biggest worry since Alolan Forms were revealed. There seems to be a very severe lack of new Ice and Dark types also sadly. There is hope though since it seems some Pokemon did get scrubbed.
  • The Alolan forms sadly did get limited to Kanto, which feels very pandery. I love the early ones that were revealed(Like Raichu, Exeggutor, and Sandslash) but those that just got Dark type slapped on have weak designs kinda, which is sad cause it seems like there's like 1 new Dark type. Alolan Dugtrio didn't need to exist I think, but the Geodude line is pretty cool.
  • Despite there being a very small number of new Pokemon, there are some really cool ones. Crabrawler's evo looks cool and I did like Morelull and Salandit's evos. The sea urchin and water spider thing seemed pretty cool as well. I'm shocked though that Komala doesn't evolve, Drampa has no pre-evo, and there's no fossils or snowman. Hopefully though, the full game will reveal them as those that were scrubbed.

Yeah, it's accepted that it is two different lines. But just food for thought :p
Anyway, here is the 'behind' Solgaleo/Lunala image
142aczc.jpg

Ah, I see. So that's not necessarily the order they're in in the actual Pokédex, right?

Ah, I see. So that's not necessarily the order they're in in the actual Pokédex, right?
Yup, these are not pokedex entries. Just the order of sprites which were found in the datamine. If it's really a 2-stage or a 3-stage evo we will know when the game comes out. But for now, it seems it is 2-stage, coz that's what everyone is saying...

To be fair it wouldn't have made sense to have fossil Pokémon since Alola is a series of volcanic islands, which are by nature relatively new landmasses and the lava is likely to destroy any fossils that could have been present.

Except Aerodactyl and the Carracosta/Archeops lines are in the Alola pokedex.

http://is.*********/vp/1476809751347.jpg

Unless they're just going to be catchable in the wild, they're still technically fossil Pokemon though...

Except Aerodactyl and the Carracosta/Archeops lines are in the Alola pokedex.

http://is.*********/vp/1476809751347.jpg

Unless they're just going to be catchable in the wild, they're still technically fossil Pokemon though...

Well for those, they can just have an NPC come along and say that he brought them from another region. Heck, for Aerodactyl it could even be one of the scientists from the Cinnabar lab, if they want to throw in another Kanto reference.

Well for those, they can just have an NPC come along and say that he brought them from another region. Heck, for Aerodactyl it could even be one of the scientists from the Cinnabar lab, if they want to throw in another Kanto reference.

If they were going to do that couldn't they just introduce new fossil Pokemon and say the same thing though?

I mean Yungoos/Gumshoos were imported into Alola from who knows where so I don't see what the problem would have been to have the origin of the fossils kept vague.

If they were going to do that couldn't they just introduce new fossil Pokemon and say the same thing though?

I mean Yungoos/Gumshoos were imported into Alola from who knows where so I don't see what the problem would have been to have the origin of the fossils kept vague.
Why classify them as fossil Pokémon at all, then? At that point, it would just be a new Rock-type - Aerodactyl and the Unova fossils at least have backgrounds of being found as fossils.

maybe we will just find fossils from past gens in alola. i just know not all sprites were released. fossils could still exist for alola.

Why classify them as fossil Pokémon at all, then? At that point, it would just be a new Rock-type - Aerodactyl and the Unova fossils at least have backgrounds of being found as fossils.

Because they'd be given to you as a fossil item?

Just have some kind of world travelling archaeologist give them to you.

I'd still consider a fossil a fossil if it was given to me by an archaeologist versus finding it myself....what difference does that make?

Because then they don't have to create four more Pokémon?

What about this?
data444.eox alolPoke 4/49
alolDragonite-_fairydragon
alolArcanine-_water
alolGengar-_ghostfire
alolVictreebel-_grassfire

data444.eox alolPoke 12/49
alolGolduck-_psychicdark
alolParasect-_ghostbug
alolMachamp-_fightinggrass
alolKangaskhan-_rock
alolNidoking-_poisonrock
alolNidoqueen-_poisonrock
alolPrimeape-_fightingelectric
alolGolem-_rockfire

Just wait. It's not just the slide I posted. Very bottom of page is link to next. It goes through a good amount of them
What about?

Is everyone like totally convinced that there won't be any new Pokémon or Alola Forms that were left out of the Demo? I was kind of hoping Alolan Kabuto and Omanyte would be the fossils of Alola
yeah i don't think they took the time to scrub everything but some unrevealed Pokemon's Pokedex images intentionally leaving in the rest with some of that rest being unrevealed ones even still.

Because then they don't have to create four more Pokémon?

Sure but at that point you're moving away from trying to argue with "we're not including new fossils because the region Alola is based on Hawaii" towards "we just didn't want to do it".

There's no point trying to question the latter.

That's what I think probably happened, they just didn't make fossils for this gen. Like what happened in the second gen.

To be fair it wouldn't have made sense to have fossil Pokémon since Alola is a series of volcanic islands, which are by nature relatively new landmasses and the lava is likely to destroy any fossils that could have been present.

Except that Alolan pokemon aren't just based on Hawaii and surrounding islands. They could do the various ocean-going sauropterygians and other aquatic animals in the seas around it and in Australia(We have a Koala and other pokemon that aren't endemic to Hawaii and other islands). There are plenty of fossil dinosaurs and other animals from Australia and Japan, as well as other extinct (recent or not) megafauna they could've also pulled from from Australia, New Zealand, and other surrounding areas. Dodos, Haast's eagles, Moas, Giant ground sloths, just to name a few popular ones.

Back
Top Bottom