• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

I don't have a problem with repeated concepts though. Sorry if I made it seem that way in what I wrote. It's just not what I was hoping for its design, I guess.

Oh, I know, and it's totally fine if you don't mind repeated concepts. In fact, even I think they could have gotten away with a more, let's say, straightforward design on this one, because it still would have been in keeping with Alolan Meowth's character. That's the thing - I don't mind repeated concepts either, when it makes sense to repeat them. Unlike whatever the hell is going on with Dugtrio.

My point was really just to say that I think they took Persian in a surprisingly subversive direction that still works with the established characterization, and I personally think that has the potential to be more interesting than a straightforward approach. Probably helps that I'm a sucker for dumb-looking cats, though.

Because vanilla Persian leaves something to be desired typing-wise and stats-wise, but oh well.

I mean, that's true, but we still have yet to see what Alolan Persian's type and stats are. Though I'm not expecting anything groundbreaking.

I want them to boost the stats of several Pokemon. I hope that Game Freak realized when deciding on the stats for Alolan forms, that it is silly to be held back by data some programmer determined 20 years ago. Pokemon shouldn't have to be re-designed to be made more viable.

That's a good point. And clearly they're somewhat comfortable with modifying the stats of old Pokémon, since they did it in Gen VI. But I do think they didn't go anywhere near far enough with it. I'd actually love to see a full-scale analysis and retool of the older Pokémon's stats.

The new UBs look amazing, I'm quite surprised they went for such a high level of abstraction for a Pokemon game.
I wonder what the underlying theme is. We already had a jellyfish, buff mosquito and an elegant cockroach, but now we have an origami seraphim, a bamboo shoot, a carbon fiber crystal robot, electricity wires gone havoc and Sheoldred on steroids. Quite the mystifying bunch.
I agree! I am really hyped for the new Ultra Beasts, especially the all black one! They all look very interesting. And, considering they have shiny forms, I guess that means you catch them? If I were to randomly guess their types (if they have any???)...
UB-01: Normal / Ghost
UB-02 E: Bug / Fighting
UB-02 B: Bug / Fairy
The one that looks like a bunch of cables: Electric
The weird green one: Steel / Psychic
The white one that looks like origami: Fighting / Flying
The crab one with the HUGE mouth: Water / Dragon
The black one with the crystals: Rock / Dark

Last edited:
What if the leaked cat whose evolution got a second typing based on parent's type was Persian? And then it would have a different face based on the type? (I guess I'm wrong, but I've seen people say there are only 6 sprites which were not found and also have seen people say there's 40)

I guess it would make Alolan Persian better...

Did anyone saw the mention of Kalos region that was in one of the videos? I was sure GF wouldn't do another two region game again.
That's just a list of "Met at" locations. You know, the capture locations that appear in a pokemon's summary or whatever. Ash-Greninja I guess was "Met at Kalos Region." or something. There's no confirmation of Kalos actually being in Sun and Moon.

That's just a list of "Met at" locations. You know, the capture locations that appear in a pokemon's summary or whatever. Ash-Greninja I guess was "Met at Kalos Region." or something. There's no confirmation of Kalos actually being in Sun and Moon.
Oh right. Good thing I doubted it from the start. Still the games look good.

So... why even bother saying it? If he's supposed to be this "super credible" leaker. Then why not just stop when you're ahead? Speculating makes you no more credible than any other leaker out there.

Since he released this stuff that he was just speculating. He got stuff wrong, which makes him not all that credible. You just proved my point

So if you are someone who happens to know info about the games but not everything you can't speculate and do your own assumptions while warning everybody that they are just assumptions? He clearly differenced between what was a leak/riddle/hint and what wasn't. He never posted any of his assumptions on that "weekly" updated chart, and only posted stuff that he actually knew was real.

What if the leaked cat whose evolution got a second typing based on parent's type was Persian? And then it would have a different face based on the type? (I guess I'm wrong, but I've seen people say there are only 6 sprites which were not found and also have seen people say there's 40)

I guess it would make Alolan Persian better...

Those unrevealed sprites have been stated to most likely be gender differences. In any case, that just seems like wishful thinking. I understand the disappointment, but I'd rather any unrevealed forms/mons go to something more substantial.

Your post makes me curious though. If people had a choice as to which Alolan cat could receive a second evo form, which would they choose to obtain it; Litten3 or Persian? :coffee:

Those unrevealed sprites have been stated to most likely be gender differences. In any case, that just seems like wishful thinking. I understand the disappointment, but I'd rather any unrevealed forms/mons go to something more substantial.

Your post makes me curious though. If people had a choice as to which Alolan cat could receive a second evo form, which would they choose to obtain it; Litten3 or Persian? :coffee:
Litten3. Hands down. XD

So polygon just confirmed some huge spoilers for the story that have been speculated, pertaining to a mystery ofbthe story.
Lillie is defibitely going around the rrgion with a Sun/Moon Core in her bag.

So if you are someone who happens to know info about the games but not everything you can't speculate and do your own assumptions while warning everybody that they are just assumptions? He clearly differenced between what was a leak/riddle/hint and what wasn't. He never posted any of his assumptions on that "weekly" updated chart, and only posted stuff that he actually knew was real.
Wow! You're really defending this guy hard huh? If i'm wrong and the evolutions of those come out then i'll gladly eat my words.

But, as it stands I think that he lost his credibility. I have a right to voice my opinion just as much as you do. Stop arguing

Wow! You're really defending this guy hard huh? If i'm wrong and the evolutions of those come out then i'll gladly eat my words.

But, as it stands I think that he lost his credibility. I have a right to voice my opinion just as much as you do. Stop arguing

While I do agree that his speculations weren't all that good for people's faith in his credibility, he did still have the right to make them. It's generally believed that the Riddler was likely someone who worked on the trailer releases and did not have much or any inside information on the games beside that. So Riddler likely didn't know if there were any evos for our many single stage pokemon either. Doesn't make him less credible, really, just means the only things he knew were what the trailers were releasing.

Not that it really matters now that everything has been datamined and his run as the Riddler is pretty much over?

spoilers for the story

pl2nsHw.gif

Don't know whether legit or not, but that is where I draw the line. See ya folks!

(I thought GameFreak scrubbed the data after a certain point??)

I think a healthy argument is good to flush new ideas and close or open new ones. (if both sides are civil to a point..)

But yeah everyone does an opinion they can state, it's just a matter of how sound their point of view is.
For someone as the leaker who has confirmed he had inside knowledge, doesn't mean he has the knowledge of the whole game, he may be posted in a position where he sees certain aspects of the game. And thus in return gives us riddles to figure.
However about the content he doesn't know, it's completely normal to have him speculate about what it could be. He hasn't said that this that his speculations would be credible nor was it part of his riddles. It's just him speculating like we all were.

But yeah, to each their own. That's just my side of this.

Also I've heard those blanked out spaces could be the totem pokemon of the pokemon that are listed just prior to it. Not sure if the blanked out spaces even have a confirmation yet? Anyone know

pl2nsHw.gif

Don't know whether legit or not, but that is where I draw the line. See ya folks!

(I thought GameFreak scrubbed the data after a certain point??)
They did, but the preview that games media did a couple of days ago had spoilers and stuff they couldn't share from the beginning of the game proper, and all Polygon did was confirm that a certain part of the leak is in those secret stuff.

Yeah I think if story spoilers are involved I'm out. Catch you guys in November.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

Why do people think that the blanked out spaces are totems? They are the same pokemon why would they have two spots?

Yeah I think if story spoilers are involved I'm out. Catch you guys in November.

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
Why are they even spoiling the story in the first place? And why would you post it on the forum?

Not saying this to you. I'm saying this to whoever posted it.

It's like one minor detail...nothing to freak out over. And how/why is Polygon confirming it?

EDIT: Oops nevermind I misread it. Maybe it's not so minor...

Last edited:
Why do people think that the blanked out spaces are totems? They are the same pokemon why would they have two spots?
Possible because they have 2 forms in their original form or could be a their shiny variant

He has been really credible before, but if you make a mistake, it's already debunked? The Chinese leaks had a mistake in it, but it doesn't mean it isn't credible

Back
Top Bottom