• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SPOILERS: Demo Datamine Discussion

So now that we know about the battle tree, I wonder if they have scrubbed all the trainer models from the demo? If not we probably would already know by now which trainers are returning. It just makes me a tiiiiny bit more hopeful that there's more surprises in the full game that haven't been revealed by the datamine...!
Since the models of the Lass and Kukui were subbed in on all the battle intros, I think it's likely that trainer models were successfully scrubbed.

I am actually thinking that it's not a sea urchin at all. But a crown-of-thorns starfish which is commonly found in Australia. We already have a koala from Australia, so why not this starfish?

Last edited:
I am actually thinking that it's not a sea urchin at all. But a crown-of-thorns starfish which is commonly found in Australia. We already have a koala from Australia, so why not this starfish?

In fairness though, it conceptually resembles a helmet urchin which is found around Hawaii.

I am choosing not to believe that those are pre-evolves of mascots until I play the games themselves. The idea doesn't feel right to me.

Seriously? Giving Decidueye the Ghost type is brilliant! Not only was it completely unexpected, but Ghost is such a good type, and Grass/Ghost is both cooler (imo) and slightly better than Grass/Flying. :D
I both disagree and agree. I disagree because an owl, flying, perfect. I also do not like it because they don't usually switch a dual typing if ever. I do not like that. I liked it being grass/fluing to begin with and have a lot of issue with them changing that. What the crap was the point of even making it grass/flying getting your hopes up like that when it is totally pointless? It makes no sense to me and irritates me. I would have rather they keep it the same, or do just grass and then grass/ghost; however I will admit that grass/ghost is an interesting typing for a starter. Although they did do two grass/ghost in xy and it kind of feels redundant to me. Especially because they seem weak to everything in my opinion. Seriously any pokemon I used had something super effective against them. Weakness to fire,flying, ghost, dark, and ice

i think wimpod2 could be water/fighting. wimpod is a water.

would like water/bug still, but that also would be interesting. Maybe by physical contact it will switch out it ooponents? or when it enters battle it switches the oponent out?

Interesting we got a water/spider now but maybe. This one looks like it could get parental Bond.
(in future they want to give us a starter pokemon of that kind, could see one with Queen Majesty.)

What do you think about that Anchor looking pokemon? water/ghost? water /steel?
Looks very ghostly (what a pitty with Wishiwashis School form, that looked more scary)
(probably they want in future to make starter with this typing)

Well, another option is Eevee -> Glaceon.

Unless Leafeon is also change and doesn't have a moss rock in the forests maybe.
They will not change it. They have never just changed the style of evolution before, and we have already most likely seen evidence of the mossy rock. In a video, or screen shot you see what is most likely the mossy rock

I both disagree and agree. I disagree because an owl, flying, perfect. I also do not like it because they don't usually switch a dual typing if ever. I do not like that. I liked it being grass/fluing to begin with and have a lot of issue with them changing that. What the crap was the point of even making it grass/flying getting your hopes up like that when it is totally pointless? It makes no sense to me and irritates me. I would have rather they keep it the same, or do just grass and then grass/ghost; however I will admit that grass/ghost is an interesting typing for a starter. Although they did do two grass/ghost in xy and it kind of feels redundant to me. Especially because they seem weak to everything in my opinion. Seriously any pokemon I used had something super effective against them. Weakness to fire,flying, ghost, dark, and ice

Well, as far as weaknesses go, Grass/Ghost has less (and not a one is 4x). Other Pokemon in the past have been dual typed only to change, like Surskit->Masquerain and Skorupi->Drapion. There's also several inspirational justifications for the Ghost typing, including some Hawaiian culture in which owls have been considered sacred or spiritual, the Stilt owl (which Decidueye is based on) being dead, and so on as others have already likely mentioned. Plus, Rowlet and Dartrix being pure Grass wouldn't make much sense, even if they were planning on the final evo being Grass/Ghost, so they gave the first two Flying. I think, overall, this is great. Decidueye may just be my favorite starter of all time, besides my first. But hey, it's okay if you don't like it, you don't have to.

They have never just changed the style of evolution before

See Feebas -> Milotic

There is zero reason to change Glaceon or Leafeon's evolution methods. I don't know why people are so "OCD" about having all of the Eeveelutions evolve from stones, especially when only 3 out of 8 currently do. The point of them is not to be stone evolutions, it's to promote different methods of evolution. And, if you retcon Glaceon and Leafeon into stone evolutions, you reduce the total number of location-based evolutions to a measly two Pokémon (Magnemite and Nosepass), which both evolve near magnetic fields. Making it less "location-based" altogether, to the point that it may as well be called "magnetic field-based."

Back
Top Bottom