• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SwSh Starters Discussion

Which starter do you like?

• Grookey

Votes: 40 16.0%
  • Scorbunny

Votes: 68 27.2%
  • Sobble

Votes: 71 28.4%
  • All of them!

Votes: 61 24.4%
  • None.

Votes: 10 4.0%

• Total voters
Ghost, poison, steel, electric, fairy and people still think we will get fire/fighting?
Give a break. I think fire/electric seeing water gym as second one.

Taking its a rabbit then bullet seed and grass knot against Drednaw also are possible. Flying move like Bounce.

But still the spark on the energy factory and the yellow battery symbol would suggest electric that will learn magnet rise and parabolic charge. Maybe even Energy Ball?

I doubt we ever get a Part Electric starter, since it potentially can steal Pikachu's thunder, who is the mascot and i doubt Gamefreak and the Pokemon Company want that.
Fire/Electric because Water is the second gym is also a weak argument, since that would mean Sobble would beWater/Ice because of the Grass type gym being the first instead of Pure Water (This one alone already destroyed your argument).
When you hammer Fire on Steel, you also get sparks, because of the Steel that gets Heated. As such, that also means nothing, despite it pointing towards Scorbunny staying pure Fire or becoming Fire/Steel.
Scorbunny learning Bounce is a given, since both Bunnelby and Buneary learns it.

Pure Fire, Fire/Normal or Fire/Steel seem the most likely based on Scorbunny's colorscheme being mainly white.

Ghost, poison, steel, electric, fairy and people still think we will get fire/fighting?
Give a break. I think fire/electric seeing water gym as second one.

Taking its a rabbit then bullet seed and grass knot against Drednaw also are possible. Flying move like Bounce.

But still the spark on the energy factory and the yellow battery symbol would suggest electric that will learn magnet rise and parabolic charge. Maybe even Energy Ball?
All of those types save for Fairy existed in gen 5 and yet...?
Gyms really don’t have any bearing in starter type. If anything, they affect what moves they will learn.

None of our other rabbit-Pokémon (Azumarill, Lopunny, Diggersby) learn Bullet Seed so that’s out. Grass Knot has pretty random distribution so we’ll see. Energy Ball is really only learned by Fire-types via TM and I doubt you’d get access to it before the second gym as it’s a 90 base power move.

Part Electric starter is problematic (For every combination), because of special Snowflake Pikachu. Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company don't wanna let another same typed 'starter' overshadow Pikachu in terms of popularity and usefullness.

Part Electric starter is problematic (For every combination), because of special Snowflake Pikachu. Gamefreak and The Pokemon Company don't wanna let another same typed 'starter' overshadow Pikachu in terms of popularity and usefullness.

What a compelling argument. This makes me sad that Pikachu is indirectly stopping creativity flow freely.

Idk Maybe fire/electric may be a good rival for pikachu. At least that is the feeling I got with Riachu, an evolution of pikachu and was electric only. that could have overshadowed him

If it's such a problem competing with Pikachu, then I feel like Scorbunny would just remain unevolved in the anime (the only place that should even matter).

I hope Scorbunny is either pure fire or fire/electric. If it's anything else, it better be darn creative to justify. And if it's fighting type them I've lost all hope in their level of creativity.

I just really want another pure fire starter.

What about the leak that till now has been 100% accurate?

"It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid"

It's not that impossible that the fighting gym leader has Scorbunny evolution. We know Milo and Nessa signature pokemon are gen 8 pokemon. So probably, Bea and Allister signatures won't be Hitmontop and Mimikyu. They may have used those in the trailer because we don't have a single fighting or ghost gen 8 pokemon revealed yet.

It's not that impossible that the fighting gym leader has Scorbunny evolution. We know Milo and Nessa signature pokemon are gen 8 pokemon. So probably, Bea and Allister signatures won't be Hitmontop and Mimikyu. They may have used those in the trailer because we don't have a single fighting or ghost gen 8 pokemon revealed yet.
I have the feeling that those are the first Pokémon they are going to use in their respective battles.

What about the leak that till now has been 100% accurate?

"It becomes Raboot, but I don't remember the final evolution, except that it looks like a fighter. It looks humanoid"

If i recall correctly, they even didn't show us Nessa ace, but Goldeen instead. Only during E3 we got her ace.

Scorbunny-3 will not compete with Pikachu because the fully evolved starters are not marketed with Pikachu, only the base stages are. Also, the Scorbunny evolution will have an entirely different design from Pikachu, and will be much larger than Pikachu, so they won’t compete. Pikachu is small, cute and some parts cool, whereas Scorbunny-3 will be going for powerful, cool and majestic.

Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom