• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

SV Leaks and/or Rumours Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this with the ice type confirmed? That it resists water???
No, It doesn't.

The Covert Cloak is a huge addition for competitive. It makes a lot of the best competitive moves like icy Wind, Snarl, Fake out, Rock Tomb totally useless.

Is this with the ice type confirmed? That it resists water???
No, Ice doesn't resist Water. There was a bit of confusion regarding the Coalossal thing. As Dizzard before me said, Coalossal was Water type Terrastallizing, as Coalossal can learn Scald, a Water type move. It can't learn any Ice type moves whatsoever.

Zacian's nerf is well-deserved. It's kind of insane how someone greenlit that Pokémon. Makes me wonder if they ever playtested with it before.
Only downside is that they're probably also gonna nerf Zamazenta (who doesn't need it) too. Though if it at the very least gets Body Press like it always should have I won't mind.

Protean's nerf, mcuh like Gale Wings, was one I didn't feel needed a nerf in particular. And while an argument could be made for it, kind of blows for Kecleon a lot considering it's battling prowess without it, where as Gale Wings was exclusive to Talonflame's line.

I guess it has to do with the new gimmick but then just... not put those Pokémon in the games or not make those abilities legally available? Especially cause now the favorism for the furrybait bunny shows even more since it gets to keep its variant of it in tact.
I think Libero is gonna get nerfed as well, tbh. It would be strange if that one was left untouched despite being funtionally idential to Protean solely on the basis of having a different name.

Also, this might be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Protean should have been exclusive to Keckleon anyways, since its whole gimmick has always been the ability to change types on the fly, whereas Greninja and Cinderace apparently only have Protean and Protean Clone just because the devs wanted those two to be the best starters of their trio, as being able to change types doesn't really fit them very well thematically.

Also start buffing some abilities. There are plenty Pokémon that need it. Don't just do only nerfs, smh.
I've been wanting Run Away to have the effect of being able to switch out of trapping moves an Abilities for years.

If only the other Paradox Pokémon followed the changement of Cyclizar into Koraidon and Miraidon. Paradox Amoonguss and Jigglypuff look just like regular Amoonguss and Jigglypuff with minor details changing.

In case anyone missed, Ranked Battles are confirmed

p03_01.jpg

But Coloasal does change to ice type in the trailer? U could see the snow flake upon activation and then the ice blocks?

We've arrived at an interesting moment of this marketing cycle:

- Yesterday's trailer was quite substantial for a VGC one. It had both a new Pokémon and some new items/mechanic-details in it. It's usually either one or the other.

- We have (brief, sometimes vague) descriptions of the upcoming Pokémon because of the leaks, 3 months in advance. At this moment during the pre-release phase, we never had such a sizable amount of leaked info.

- Although this kills a bit of the mystery: We know Cyclizar is the contemporary 'form' of Miraidon/Koraidon, and not of Legendary stature. We know a small bit about these 'Paradox'-Pokémon, and how many to expect at launch. Discussion/speculation is way more grounded because of all this information we already know.

- Marketing was very slow at first, but we received 2 'sizable' bits of information this month. September might continue this trend with at least 1 sizable trailer, if past generations are indicative.

- As of now, we officially know about 11 new Pokémon and 1 new form. During Sw/Sh's marketing, we knew about 16 new Pokémon and 3 new forms about now.

- There's still plenty of marketable material left out there, as we've learnt from the leaks: Information on this 'Paradox'-phenomenon, a cross-generational evolution or two, and plenty of more regular Pokémon and characters to show off if the need arises.

The first week of September might be something to look out for, even though August's trailer was late.

But Coloasal does change to ice type in the trailer? U could see the snow flake upon activation and then the ice blocks?
I watched the trailer again just to be sure, and indeed, when the player is using Terastal she is indeed activating the Ice-type one... HOWEVER, when Terastalized Coalossal is shown it very clearly has the Water Terastal on it, so what actually happened is that the scene of the Ice Terastal being activated is completely separate from the Terastalized Coalossal that was shown, it's just that the way they were framed and put together makes it look like they're part of the same scene.

We've arrived at an interesting moment of this marketing cycle:

- Yesterday's trailer was quite substantial for a VGC one. It had both a new Pokémon and some new items/mechanic-details in it. It's usually either one or the other.

- We have (brief, sometimes vague) descriptions of the upcoming Pokémon because of the leaks, 3 months in advance. At this moment during the pre-release phase, we never had such a sizable amount of leaked info.

- Although this kills a bit of the mystery: We know Cyclizar is the contemporary 'form' of Miraidon/Koraidon, and not of Legendary stature. We know a small bit about these 'Paradox'-Pokémon, and how many to expect at launch. Discussion/speculation is way more grounded because of all this information we already know.

- Marketing was very slow at first, but we received 2 'sizable' bits of information this month. September might continue this trend with at least 1 sizable trailer, if past generations are indicative.

- As of now, we officially know about 11 new Pokémon and 1 new form. During Sw/Sh's marketing, we knew about 16 new Pokémon and 3 new forms about now.

- There's still plenty of marketable material left out there, as we've learnt from the leaks: Information on this 'Paradox'-phenomenon, a cross-generational evolution or two, and plenty of more regular Pokémon and characters to show off if the need arises.

The first week of September might be something to look out for, even though August's trailer was late.
I'm hoping in the next 2 weeks we'll see something once more. We have less than 3 months until the game launches. I'm hoping we'll see

-Maybe 9 more Pokemon. 2 Paradox, 1 cross gen, and 6 regular Pokemon.
-Maybe one or two more Gym Leaders
-Info on other features like the picnic stuff Kaka mentioned, and QoL improvements.
-Info on the towers and flags.

The main reason I'm not that bothered about getting just one new pokemon revealed yesterday is that we're still on track for getting something in September so we probably don't have another long wait ahead of us now.

I'm still waiting for a reveal of a "must have" new Pokemon though. I feel like by this point in previous gens reveal season there was at least one new mon I knew would be in my team.

Only downside is that they're probably also gonna nerf Zamazenta (who doesn't need it) too. Though if it at the very least gets Body Press like it always should have I won't mind.
The gap in Zamazenta and Zacian is too big to be salvaged anyways. I also don't really think GameFreak works in 'pairs'. If Zacian is too oppressive, they'll only do Zacian and leave Zamazenta alone. The gap between the two will still be massive, but maybe some new moves may help Zamazenta out. (Or not. To be continued.)

Screenshot_20220822-064220_Twitter.jpg

So Paradox mons aren't just species from the past or future, seems they're Pokemon from parallel timelines.

Past Paradox mons being from a past that never happened, while Future Paradox mons are from a future that won't happen

So Paradox mons aren't just species from the past or future, seems they're Pokemon from parallel timelines.

Past Paradox mons being from a past that never happened, while Future Paradox mons are from a future that won't happen
If they're from alternate universes, does it matter which era they're from?

There's a simpler interpretation here: Cyclizar has existed for a long time, but its evolution depends on the era and is hard to achieve (especially in the present).

If they're from alternate universes, does it matter which era they're from?
Not really. I guess the only reason we called them past paradox and future paradox is because they are version exclusive and Koraidon and Miraidon have past and future in their names. Most likely, the games will present them as generic paradox pokemon with those from Scarlet being more ancestral in design and those from Violet more futuristic.
Actually Koraidon doesn't look like a "past version" of Cyclizar. It just looks more tribal (like Xatu) not necessary ancestral.

It is interesting that aesthetically speaking the new mechanic evokes the ice typing? Is it because of the crystal thing? But rock is usually the type with which gemstones are represented. Maybe they r finally giving the ice types some love

It is interesting that aesthetically speaking the new mechanic evokes the ice typing? Is it because of the crystal thing? But rock is usually the type with which gemstones are represented. Maybe they r finally giving the ice types some love
I fail to see how glittering Terastalizing gems have anything to do with ice in general.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom