• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tea, Coffee or Hot Chocolate?

Reaction score
Okay, I'm not usually one for starting threads, but what the hey. Here's a thread for discussing hot drinks. I was inspired to start this one after reminiscing about the Pokémon Center Cafes in Sun and Moon.

Are you a tea, coffee or hot chocolate person? Or do you enjoy them all? Do you have a particular favourite brand of any of them?

I myself always preferred hot chocolate, but started to enjoy coffee during my university years, my favourite being a cappuccino with oat milk whenever I'm out and about. We also have a Nespresso machine at home that we got as a gift for our mum and we love using it. I've never been much of a fan of tea due to not liking the taste and not wanting to be associated with the stereotype of a tea-obsessed Brit, but then I discovered this nice apricot and vanilla tea by Whittard. I also like camomile, echinacea, lavender and jasmine tea.

Last edited:
It depends on the day, I do agree Whittard's do have some really nice drinks though. Have you tried the Turkish Delight Hot Chocolate? That was amazing!
I drink tea when I have toothache, and that tends to help a lot.
Coffee is there when I can't access energy drinks for caffine.

Not yet. I didn't even know they did a Turkish Delight flavour hot choc. So far, I've only tried the Rocky Road and Salted Caramel flavours and I can't decide which I like more.

Hot chocolate, especially white hot chocolate, though I enjoy other flavors, too (sans dark chocolate). Coffee and tea upsets my stomach and I can't stand their bitterness (I hate anything bitter). So it's hot chocolate all the way for me.

Y'all do not understand how much I, someone from the United States which is very much a coffee-drinking culture and not a tea-drinking one, love tea. Deadass when I was at the supermarket the other day, I saw that they had electric kettles in-stock and I 100% would have grabbed one so I don't have to use my stovetop kettle to boil water for tea because it just takes too long (I know electric kettles in the US are slower than in Europe because of the differences in electricity, but it'll still be faster and more efficient than using the stovetop).

I mostly buy Twinings and I'm pretty basic when it comes to the types of tea I drink. I usually drink Earl Grey, English breafast, or Irish breakfast tea. But I also love me some green tea too.

But holy shit, my absolute favorite tea that I have ever drunk is thé Marie-Antoinette from the French pâtisserie Ladurée. Y'all genuinely do not understand how delicious it is. It's a combination of black tea and jasmine green tea with orange peels, rose petals, and pieces of pineapple and has aromas of lemon, orange, jasmine, kumquat, honey, lime, grapefruit, and rose.

It is legitimately so good, the teabags I bought at the Ladurée down in Aventura cost me $18 but it was 100% worth it.

I also drink iced teas, whenever I'm out and at a restaurant and get an iced tea, I have to get a damn sweet tea. Unsweetened American-style iced tea just should not exist and NO putting sugar in unsweetened ice tea does not make it sweet tea, the sugar has to be added as it's brewing. Ironically, I don't really buy pre-bottled sweet tea? I usually go for one of Ito En's bottled green teas instead. I also like Arnold Palmers.

Hot cocoa is good, I guess. I'm super basic and just buy the powdered Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix cuz it's not really something I drink often enough to care about the brand or flavor. Literally bought some Swiss Miss milk chocolate with marshmallows hot cocoa powder recently entirely because it was BOGO.

I fucking hate coffee. It is terrible, I refuse to believe that people actually like it. I have tried it multiple times in different ways and it just takes like ass, y'all need to stop lying to yourselves and acting like you like this drink. Shit's nasty.

What annoys me though is that I actually like the smell of coffee and I like things that are menat to be coffee flavored (like coffee ice cream or coffee-flavored candies and chocolates) but actual coffee just tastes like ass. Why the Hell do things that are coffee flavored taste better than the actual shitty drink?

Coffee sucks.

Coffee and hot chocolate.

Had tea once as a cold remedy and after my senses kicked in? Tasted like twigs and leaves.

Short answer coffee, longer answer coffee > cocoa > tea though I like all of them to varying degrees.

I consistently have at least one, sometimes two cups of coffee every day (1 sugar, small amount of whole milk so it stays dark). I also like espresso, and coffee in other things like tiramisu. I'm not as big of a fan of iced coffee since the only two forms of iced coffee are "watery from melted ice" or "literally just a milkshake" but I'll still drink it if I'm out during a hot day. I won't touch decaf, never had one that tasted good.

Hot chocolate is also nice and I drink a lot of it over the winter, though I will admit my tastes are not nearly as refined. I like the instant powder stuff, with milk added —whenever I have real cocoa made from scratch I just find it too overwhelming and gross, like I'm drinking a cup of straight melted chocolate *blegh*. Not bad in the form of a mocha however.

Tea is complicated because technically I drink it most evenings, especially during colder months, but ugh it's so hit or miss for me. I'm too picky about the kinds that I like... I mostly prefer fruity herbal teas (black cherry + hibiscus, and peach are my go-to), and sometimes an Earl Grey, English breakfast tea, or chai. I also like Bigelow's Constant Comment; though Barry's Gold blend is what's usually around in my house for black tea. ...I probably prefer an iced Arnold Palmer over any of these things though.

All of the above!

I started drinking coffee in my early 20s and now I make an iced latte every day and add either hazelnut, caramel, vanilla or French vanilla syrup. I can't do hot or black coffee. Just can't do it. Iced with milk and some kind of sweetener is the only way.

Tea is awesome. I got super into herbal teas when I was like...11? Black teas followed when I got older and now I'm a tea fiend. I love getting boxes of random assortments of tea and just going to town. Oh and iced tea is fantastic too, of course. Not really a fan of green tea.

Hot chocolate is just delicious. I don't have it as often as coffee or tea since it kind of feels like its own category of beverage but I love it. I used to love it with marshmallows when I was younger, but nowadays I just like it plain.

When I was still drinking them, I've always preferred hot chocolate; certain brands of the chocolate powder mixed with hot milk can be a very delicious creamy beverage, and the homemade kind tastes even better. That said, I don't really drink it anymore since I started going to the gym and other training/workout classes in my last year of high school. Unless it's really cold out, I don't really touch it.

Hot and cold coffee is the same as hot chocolate, haven't drank the stuff in a long time. Good thing too since, like soda, it gave me quite a lot of heart palpitations that I had to cut back on it, before cutting it out for good. Plus, when I started exercising more in HS, it and soda were the one of the few sweet beverages I'd occasionally consume, and aside from palpitations it was harder to lose a bit of abdomen fat at the time and they were one of the main culprits for it. Cutting them out was better, and healthier, in the long run thankfully.

As for tea, I'm not a big drinker of it. Green tea is really the only one I quite enjoy when I'm sick, but otherwise most of it tastes like nothing or really bitter, and not the good kind in my opinion.

Tea. I don't drink hot chocolate regularly due to the sweetness meaning that's out, though it can be delicious <3 Coffee meanwhile.. I love the scent and some of the iced coffees I've had tasted so good, but it can make my anxiety pretty bad sometimes, even if I have it with food etc. I've gotten close to having panic attacks just from drinking coffee before (with quite a bit of milk too mind you, not just black). Because of that I have to force myself not to have it, as much as I want to sometimes. So I usually stick to tea!

Definitely coffee for me, I'm probably addicted, lol. I love the bitter flavor and always drink it black and pretty strong. I love espresso but don't drink it very often. I think a moka pot is probably my favorite way to prepare coffee.

I actually really like tea too, especially white tea (I remember this being a craze back in like 2008, but it's hard to find here now), hibiscus tea, and black currant tea, which is also hard to find here. I also like various flavors like Earl Grey and jasmine.

I think the last time Iad hot chocolate I was probably like 15.

I like tea! Mostly iced tea but I’ll drink normal tea too occasionally

I’m not that much of a hot chocolate person so I’ll have it every now and then I’m the winter time, peppermint hot chocolate is absolutely wonderful

I don’t rlly like coffee, but I drank an ice coffee once and it was good!

i'm perhaps the anomaly that does not have any of the three options.

i don't drink coffee because the amount of different coffee flavour combinations is overwhelming to me. it's all a bit of trial and error as far as how much creamer to put in, how dark it should be, how much sugar to add... and i just don't really care to put the mental energy into it. i'm fine enough waking up in the morning without it anyway, so i'd rather not be dependent on it to function.

tea is one of those things where like... i never really had an opportunity to try it? i don't purposefully avoid it, but also i just. never really... had the urge to drink it, i guess.

i guess if anything, i'd like more hot chocolate, but i also live in a tropical state where it isn't necessary like 80% of the time, so even then i don't really drink it.

I go with hot chocolate. I haven’t really tried coffee or tea before mainly to avoid any addiction to them because I’m probably addicted to enough of other drinks and food already.

Tea and coffee would probably have to be an acquired taste for me where I gain a liking for it over time. It would probably seem to strong for me right now though.

I honestly don’t mind the smell of coffee that much. I actually kind of like it. If I were to walk into a room and smell coffee, I probably wouldn’t be angry at all.

Tea, it depends for me. I like pretty sweetened hot tea, but I can't stand iced tea, sweet tea, nor unsweetened regular tea

Coffee is okay... Though I don't normally go out of my way for it. Coffee flavored stuff plus stuff including coffee can be really good though.

And that leaves hot chocolate, easily my favorite of the three. Done right, it's super indulgent and makes for an easy comfort drink. The packet/powdered versions usually leave something to be desired for me, but homemade hot chocolate can really hit the spot.

Hot Chocolate used to be my number one, but the past year I've been drinking more tea, especially in the form of Vanilla Chai lattes. my girlfriend got me to try hers last year, and I've only ordered those anytime we go get coffee. Hot Chocolate however, will always hold a soft spot for me, especially white chocolate hot chocolates. Those are honestly to die for. Coffee is disgusting and I am it's biggest hater.

Back
Top Bottom