• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Tea

The tea I'm not really big on is Peppermint. For some reason it has the reverse effect and makes me nauseous.

I drink Arizona.

Nah, but my mom is kinda Asian, and she works at a hotel. (The latter part actually has me encountering a new tea every now and again.) Chamomile is what I'm most familiar with, and I've had Thai tea at restaurants. I'm familiar with Jasmine tea I think [?] / am sure [?]. Had some raspberry-flavor stuff too, and green tea [via tea bags, mind you] as well. I'm probably selling my mom short here, as I've probably had way more teas than I've listed.

I also dig sweet tea.

Nah, but I've concocted a concoction from simply water and honey before--generally, my tea must be sweet.

@Itsuki You worked at Teavana, eh? Despite my general tea ignorance, I'm a little mystified by the place, and it ever intrigues me.

It's a wonderful place~ <3 Just make sure you go on your own terms and don't let them upsell you. It's literally in the manual to try and upsell all the time. With stuff like adding in more tea and then saying we can't put it back in when it's in the container. It's really sneaky. I didn't do those things and the manager was corrupt so the whole store got purged except the assistant manager.

BUT the tea is wonderful and very high quality. And the tea accessories are AMAZING. So if you can get past the pushy salespeople, it's wonderful. <3

Not trying to be mean, but I have had nothing but bad experiences with Teavana. I found their salespeople to be far too pushy to be working with something as laid back as tea should be. They didn't really have the greatest selection of loose teas, but their variety of accessories was rather good. Their website is the best way to experience what the store has to offer, as it is no pressure.

That being said, I have a favorite local tea shop with an amazing selection of loose & bagged tea, accesories, and snacks. It also doesn't help that I sometimes work there as seasonal help... :)

I do like tea but I don't love it. I usually only make it when I have biscuit because they go together so well. I usually just have normal tea (PG Tips) with semi-skimmed milk and two or three sugars. I sometimes have green tea when I'm backed into a corner by my mum. In that, I add honey to make it sweeter but it still tastes bad to me.

We usually make three different kinds of teas our home.
1- Green tea 1- It is simple to be made and is good for digestion
2- Green tea 2- Which is also called Kashmiri tea
3- Black tea. Which is usually made at homes at almost every occasions.

Last edited:
I prefer fancy British type teas (like Earl Grey and English Breakfast), as well as Orange Spice.

I'm not too much of a tea lover. Only drink it when sick, I prefer honey tea because it is sweet and honey helps with sore throat.

I love tea! I don't drink hot tea too often but the times when I do I find myself trying to relax and get comfortable. For hot tea, I really like green, earl gray, and black/regular tea. I also like trying some more fun flavors every now and then.

I also tend to drink iced tea on a more regular basis, whether it be green or typical sweet tea. (Though I mostly drink it unsweetened with a splash of sweet)

I am a huge black and green tea drinker. Black tea helps give me crazy bursts of energy in the morning which can help when I'm deprived of sleep. Green tea is more smooth and I like it with honey and milk, and they both have lots of antioxidants. I usually drink 2 cups of tea a day. I've tried earl grey before and it was pretty good, also.

I like Chinese black tea, breakfast blends, and Earl Grey blends.

Currently having a pot of blooming jasmine tea here in the office. It looks amazing while its brewing ^^

My favourite tea is Chai. It's really refreshing, spicy and itsss gottahh kick like a mule! *hic!*

I like it pretty sweet, not too milky but definitely not too little, and for it to be strong. Weak tea is for sissies lmao

Not really fond of tea and I don't drink it much, but I do like green tea. I always have that when I go to a Chinese restaurant, or I'll buy boxes of them when I go to the store.

Ah, tea!:love:

I LOVE tea. My usual blends/flavors are lemon ginger, black, chai, and (if I can find it) pomegranate raspberry green tea. I can drink lemon ginger straight, but a small spoon or two of sugar (with some cream for chai and black) makes a perfect cup. About a year ago I got some samples from my favorite tea company (stash), among which were orange ginger (tastes brighter and sweeter than lemon ginger), and white chocolate mocha black tea, both of which I wish to buy in the future. I have also discovered that rooibos tea is good as well. The only teas I don't like so far are jasmine and chamomile. They taste perfumy to me. Also, green tea. If I steep it for half a minute or so and add honey then it's okay, but it often tastes bitter to me.

As far as ice tea is concerned, orange pekoe is the way to go. I prefer mine to be flavored with peach, lemon, or raspberry. I just can't stand it when people add so much sugar you could practically pour the stuff on pancakes. :sick:

Flavors aside, I like tea because it helps me relax and get my thoughts straight. Every now and then I consider building a greenhouse like park with a tea house in it.

I don't really drink tea very often but I like minty green tea.

Whenever it comes to cold teas I tend to go for Southern Sweet Tea with a bit of lemon and/or lime. Either that or fruit flavored or half-and-half (lemonade and tea). As for hot teas, I really don't have any real 'no' styles but I love some Chai Tea with agave and a splash of milk.

I only really drink cold or hot green tea, don't really have a fave brand but I love my hot tea with jasmine or peach. I hate sweet/unsweetened tea, but haven't ever really gotten to try anything like English style tea or anything. When I need something good to drink and it's evening or I'm just too lazy to make a pot of coffee I usually just put a kettle on and make some green tea :3

I don't drink tea too often at all. Haven't in about three years! When I did though, it was some really nice Chinese black tea, iirc. Good stuff, really herbal in flavour! 8)

Please note: The thread is from 8 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom