• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Team Rocket: Leave or stay next series?

YAY New thread!

• Yes Team Rocket will leave!

Votes: 9 28.1%
  • No, they'll be staying

Votes: 23 71.9%

• Total voters
TRio has devolved into a bunch of lifeless zombies this saga (BW). Like The Fighting Misty and Yankees4Life said, we'll have to see how Episode N plays out. I think they may leave or stay (I want them to go, even if it means saying goodbye to my James/Kojiro and Meowth/Nyasu). Frankly, I can't bear to see them the way BW has made them: too serious and JUST as incompetent as before. First replacing chars, then changing all the main characters' voices and the good dub music composers in the English dub, and now writers altering characters' personalities to the point of making them unlikeable (like DP Brock and BW TRio). Pokemon anime, what is happening to you? -_-

I think TRio's characters have been decimated beyond repair at this point (BUT, Episode N may change my opinion, I'm hoping for the best).

Last edited:
The TRio are too popular to ever leave the show.

Oh c'mon, you know good and well that a characters popularity has no bearing on the writers decision to keep or remove characters off the show.

Oh c'mon, you know good and well that a characters popularity has no bearing on the writers decision to keep or remove characters off the show.
This.

I said the same thing millions of times :rolleyes:

So that's why they got a radio show and episode N is "bringing them back" or whatever buzz phrase they're using to appease fans?

I thought what happened last year proved once and for all how important the TRio are, but I guess nothing will convince people they're staying for good.

I said the same thing millions of times :rolleyes:

So that's why they got a radio show and episode N is "bringing them back" or whatever buzz phrase they're using to appease fans?

I thought what happened last year proved once and for all how important the TRio are, but I guess nothing will convince people they're staying for good.

They were always planned to come back after the league. They only went a gap without appearing because the writers were focusing on Ash's Unova league and TR would have no purpose there.

The radio show was largely created because their VA's wanted it.

And as it needs to be said, their role in the N saga doesn't seem all that different than the rest of BW so far.

And you can thank the fans for that. Otherwise the radio show wouldn't have continued and they'd be the same in the N saga.

They were always planned to come back after the league. They only went a gap without appearing because the writers were focusing on Ash's Unova league and TR would have no purpose there.

And as it needs to be said, their role in the N saga doesn't seem all that different than the rest of BW so far.
And you know that for a fact because....? TR has never had a real purpose in any of the other leagues, but they were still there, so I can't see why you'd use the league as evidence for their return being planned.

And you know that for a fact because....? TR has never had a real purpose in any of the other leagues, but they were still there, so I can't see why you'd use the league as evidence for their return being planned.

Episodes are scripted 8 months before they air. They already knew they were doing the N arc and brining in Team Plasma by early 2012.

Just like you can bet they're in the beginning stages of planning the first few 6th gen episodes right now.

Team Rocket can leave if they want. I haven't really felt that they were apart of Best Wishes anyway because we barely saw them, so get rid of them already. They don't really belong in Unova or any other region, so they can just step!

I use to love them. Use to wait in anticipation to see when they would appear. They added a sense of zaniness reminded you to laugh once in a while.

But, throughout Best Wishes, I dreaded their Appearance (of what little there was.) Their appearance was boring, tired and just distracted from the story at hand.
They had a couple of interesting episodes (Meowth's Ruse) but generally, they weren't watchable.

But that said, I don't want them to go. Would love for them to return to who they are. I have nothing against them maturing a bit but to completely change personalities was just pitiful and lazy writing.

For the love of God they need to go. not because I dislike them but as characters they've outlived their usefulness and I honestly just feel bad for them at this point. Jesse and James need to get married and then go get real jobs, since apparently their work effort is so amazing that a day or so of honest work can give them enough cash to buy giant robots and whatnot. I just don't know why they are still in the Team Rocket biz when working at a food stall is obviously much more profitable for them. I would actually be really surprised if they were still receiving (or ever received) a paycheck from Giovanni.

Episodes are scripted 8 months before they air. They already knew they were doing the N arc and brining in Team Plasma by early 2012.

Just like you can bet they're in the beginning stages of planning the first few 6th gen episodes right now.
I thought it was around 6 months, not 8? Maybe even less than 6 months.

On Sept 23rd, Nyasu made a tweet about Nyasu balloon's possible return, so at least we know that decision about Rockets' appearance in the N episode has been made before the Meloetta finale's air date for sure.

We may wonder if Rockets were going to appear in the episode N from the start or not, but I guess most people were surprised they were going to return this fast, as many fans were betting that they're done for BW and they return for 6th gen. But what matters more now is the fact, that their comeback was made to be something big. Even if some people might have thought that they could be back after league, but I think we all egreed that it wouldn't be anything big. But instead something opposite happened. Of course, we haven't seen Episode N yet and we may only guess what may happen, but many signs show that their role may be increased to what they had so far. I don't think it was decided to be this way randomly. And no way they could decide this in the early 2012... Why? Because I'm pretty much sure that it's thanks to the Rocket radio's popularity (which started in July). It was said in the radio's finale ep that it's thanks to fans that Rockets make a "full return" to the anime, so I guess it pretty much speaks for itself.

I must admit that when BW first came up, I was pretty much sure that the writers intended to wrap their plot up, but as things changed because of the radio, I don't think so anymore. And I believe they will stay for good now.

I thought it was around 6 months, not 8? Maybe even less than 6 months.

It takes 8 months for all animation, Dogasu said this as well. There's no way they can script, animated, edit, record voices, add in music, etc. all in a small timeframe. They plan things long in advance.

As I'm saying right now, you can bet they're already writing the episode scripts to the very first X and Y episode right now, or at least deciding what the next main cast will be. They probably already know who the next main girl is and how they're going to use her.

We may wonder if Rockets were going to appear in the episode N from the start or not, but I guess most people were surprised they were going to return this fast, as many fans were betting that they're done for BW and they return for 6th gen. But what matters more now is the fact, that their comeback was made to be something big. Even if some people might have thought that they could be back after league, but I think we all egreed that it wouldn't be anything big. But instead something opposite happened. Of course, we haven't seen Episode N yet and we may only guess what may happen, but many signs show that their role may be increased to what they had so far. I don't think it was decided to be this way randomly. And no way they could decide this in the early 2012... Why? Because I'm pretty much sure that it's thanks to the Rocket radio's popularity (which started in July). It was said in the radio's finale ep that it's thanks to fans that Rockets make a "full return" to the anime, so I guess it pretty much speaks for itself.

Their role in the N saga doesn't seem so different. They may not be as serious as before, but they've shown downloading Team Plasma data in a scan and interfering with them. And as we said, we don't know if they're going to be in every single episode again. Not to mention TR haven't gotten their old pokemon back...no Wobbufett implies less goofiness.

I must admit that when BW first came up, I was pretty much sure that the writers intended to wrap their plot up, but as things changed because of the radio, I don't think so anymore. And I believe they will stay for good now.

I wouldn't say for sure either way. Remember we didn't know Brock was leaving for good until literally the last minute...DP 190 which was the second to last DP episode. There was nothing hinting he would leave either until the very end.

The writers know how to keep these things concealed until the last minute.

It takes 8 months for all animation, Dogasu said this as well.

Link? I only remember hearing 6 months. And with animation advances it might be even shorter now.

I wouldn't say for sure either way. Remember we didn't know Brock was leaving for good until literally the last minute...DP 190 which was the second to last DP episode. There was nothing hinting he would leave either until the very end.

Takeshi doesn't have the fanbase the TRio do.

Link? I only remember hearing 6 months. And with animation advances it might be even shorter now.

I would ask Dogasu.

Takeshi doesn't have the fanbase the TRio do.

Dawn and especially Piplup were popular in Japan...and they tossed her out like she was any other character. Granted its probably why her cameo was a bit longer than the past girls, but still she faded away from the show the same as everyone else.

And I'd argue that among the kids fanbase, Team Rocket aren't as popular as Ash's gang.

I'm not talking about the kids fanbase. I'm talking about fanbase period. The TRio clearly have the biggest out of all the characters you keep bringing up.

I'm not talking about the kids fanbase. I'm talking about fanbase period. The TRio clearly have the biggest out of all the characters you keep bringing up.

Didn't you tell me in one of the radio threads that most of that "older TR fanbase" who listened to the radio shows, are people who don't even watch the anime anymore?

So if they don't watch the anime anymore, (when Team Rocket are still in), what difference would it make to them if they're gone? If they don't even bother to watch the actual episodes they're in, and let's face it, many of them drifted out over a decade ago sometime in late Johto or early AG, what difference does it make to the writers?

Please note: The thread is from 11 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom