• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Alola Region

@Beck
South of the berry farm is a cqve entrance. I suggest going there after finding the closed gym and then the loop around.

I guess each island would have harbors for the boats that you go on. Makes sense and completely obvious.

I think that the green area above is a forest. We usually have a place early where Bug type Pokemon are found.
So what better place than a forest?

Someone mentioned Unova and Black/White has Pinwheel Forest relatively early. The earliest forest in Black2/White2 is Lostlorn Forest.

Some people speculate that the Gym Leader will be found in the forest. I think that it's possible. I wonder which type will we start with at the Gym.

Verlisify in that above video also made the connection between the ice mountain and the observatory being on the same path.

It's hard to specualte whether anything is connected or apart despite a high detailed map. We'll have to either wait for more details or play the game ourselves when it is released. :p

One thing that confused me about the Eastern island at first is the road west of the town/city where the blue dock is.
If you look, you can see a road that goes through, under or between the mountains. I completely missed this on my first glance and just assumed it was one big mountain. It looked it at first glance because of the mist/cloud around the higher levels of the mountain. On the other side of the mountain opposite the blue house in the road, you can kindof see a bit of a dirt track. I don't know if that's a path or not. It'd be interesting if that road was the shortcut back to the port town so you don't have to walk all the way back around the island if you don't have/don't want to use Fly.

Another random thing: Has anyone else been playing Hyrule Warriors Legends? If you finish the Great Sea Map (the second adventure mode map) you'll notice at the end of the map progression (which is the middle of the actual map) is the large white tower with a castle on an island behind it. The white building & castle on their own artificial island reminded me of that quite a bit.

One thing that confused me about the Eastern island at first is the road west of the town/city where the blue dock is.
If you look, you can see a road that goes through, under or between the mountains. I completely missed this on my first glance and just assumed it was one big mountain. It looked it at first glance because of the mist/cloud around the higher levels of the mountain. On the other side of the mountain opposite the blue house in the road, you can kindof see a bit of a dirt track. I don't know if that's a path or not. It'd be interesting if that road was the shortcut back to the port town so you don't have to walk all the way back around the island if you don't have/don't want to use Fly.

Another random thing: Has anyone else been playing Hyrule Warriors Legends? If you finish the Great Sea Map (the second adventure mode map) you'll notice at the end of the map progression (which is the middle of the actual map) is the large white tower with a castle on an island behind it. The white building & castle on their own artificial island reminded me of that quite a bit.

Are you suggesting the white structure in Alola's sea is Ancient Hyrule? XD

Saw a video the other day about one of the islands having stairs that lead down into the ocean. While I'm not going to be so quick as to assume this means an underwater city (for example, the Havanna docks have stairs on them leading down to the water) I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Saw a video the other day about one of the islands having stairs that lead down into the ocean. While I'm not going to be so quick as to assume this means an underwater city (for example, the Havanna docks have stairs on them leading down to the water) I'm curious what everyone else thinks.

Which city was it that has stairs? Or was it just a theory and not from something on the map?

I could maybe see them doing it since an underwater city seems to be one style of city they still haven't gone for in the series yet. Plus there's the "there's a city you won't believe" line from the backpacker in XY and there isn't really one on the map that is that shocking - walled city or the middle artificial island are guesses.

What if there is an underwater city and it's the giant metropolis people like Meta Boss have said the region lacks? It could be called Rapture Maybe the artificial island in the centre is actually the tip of the city above the water sorta like an iceberg? There's the same blue hut with a brown roof repeated on each island, maybe they are elevators/tunnels down to the city - so each island has a way to access it?

Not really bothered for a metropolis myself but it could be a neat idea. Especially with the more 3D world we have this time around, they could do some cool stuff and have neat views.

I'm just spitballing ideas anyway, not sure how likely I think it is right now.

Can't really show exactly where, but it was adjacent to the ferry terminal on the island to the right of Melemele.

Ah I see where you mean. Interesting. It could just be stairs down to a platform of sorts when you look at how the perspective works but it could also be something else. Guess we'll have to see, but I do quite like the idea of an underwater city of sorts.

Are you suggesting the white structure in Alola's sea is Ancient Hyrule? XD

Pokemon: Surf Waker (Go Away IGN We Like Our Water) Edition confirmed.

In relation to the water/steps thing (which I don't see apart from on one of the ports) an underwater city would be amazing. I really liked the Abyssal Ruins in Unova since they were so vague and mysterious, and didn't give you any real indication about what purposed they served.

I don't know if someone's said this already but I hope we don't have to visit the different islands in strictly linear order.

Meh, the adventure will probably be another linear affair in terms of Gym battles if not geography. Why was it again that in Diamond/Pearl Hearthome City was the fifth Gym when it was like the third Gym city you arrived in?

Honestly, regardless of the plot, the very environment of the Alola region and the aesthetics of the starting route that we saw today simply blew me away and for that GF deserves high praise.

It's not generic, it's not boring, it's all so vivid and lively, brimming with culture. I feel compelled to explore the region and find out more, it's just so fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom