• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Bulbagarden Conversational Chat-Thread: Vol. 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're on the opposite side of the world (mentally).

Why can't America get over it's damn pride and switch to metric already? It would make life a lot easier for us physics students with all the unit conversions.

Bear Grylls-"I'm going to have to climb up over 69 feet of sheer vertical rockface!"

Viewer-"Ok lets see, so a foot is 30cm, so..."

Why can't America get over it's damn pride and switch to metric already? It would make life a lot easier for us physics students with all the unit conversions.

Thank you. As an American, I hate the Customary System so much. Why do we always have to be special? I feel like Australia and India are pointing and laughing at us...

Thank you. As an American, I hate the Customary System so much. Why do we always have to be special? I feel like Australia and India are pointing and laughing at us...

The rest of the countries of the world, save for 2, are laughing at you guys.

Bear Grylls-"I'm going to have to climb up over 69 feet of sheer vertical rockface!"

Viewer-"Ok lets see, so a foot is 30cm, so..."

Well Bear Grylls is a fake so no one cares about him. And isn't he British? Why doesn't he use metric?

Every damn math problem wants me to use feet per second and I'm like, NO. So I convert all the units so I can use physics equations more comfortably. Why do we have to be all special?

I know that, but I bet Australia and India are laughing the most. (For some reason...) They'll probably give us wedgies at recess.

Damn right. You don't fathom the amount of retarded time I had to waste getting adjusted to these obsolete and frankly cumbersome measurements. Like, there are 12 inches in a foot, and 3 feet gets estimated to one meter, but it's not the same as a yard, ounces, gallons, cups, miles, and...

*head pops open*

Damn conservatives...

I like the metric system for all but miles. I just have trouble with Kilometers.
A kilometer is just a thousand meters. What's so hard about it? You certainly wouldn't be a cretin and say that the 4,#*# feet in a mile is easy to memorize, would you?

A kilometer is just a thousand meters. What's so hard about it? You certainly wouldn't be a cretin and say that the 5280 feet in a mile is easy to memorize, would you?

I think they meant that they had trouble judging distance in Km because they were used to miles.

Fucking conversions......
Liberia and Burma are the only other countries still non-metric.
They are third-world.
America is First-world!
You wanna be first or third?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom