• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Official Future Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You guys, what's the link to the English Direct, please? I can only find the Japanese one.

If it's Kalos, and we get an expansion, say South Kalos, I hope it is completely different from the Kalos we know. Like, a different landscape, nature, architecture, etc...
If you consider what South France has to offer, I think Gamefreak will go continue with XY's more realistic approach, at least in geography. Like for example, the most prominent and striking feature should be the Massif Central eqyivalent, which could make up most of the area. Large valleys, a mostly connected cave system could be done, as well as a large plateau on a mountain top. Then you have the deserts on Spains border, the meditereanean coast, and corsica, which could have some cool ruins and ties to future foreshadowing. Its mostly why I want a South Kalos. As much as they fucked up the story beats and mythological locales, they managed to create stunning places based both on real world landmarks and fantastical ones, without even relying on the more geographically interesting half of France.

You guys, what's the link to the English Direct, please? I can only find the Japanese one.

At the bottom of this post NeoGAF there are various links for Europe, Japan and America. There's Twitch, the official site and Youtube ones for each.

Don't know what you guys are on about with the Unova dragons; of course they didn't have individual habitats. They're all the same dragon, and the founder of Unova - Unova itself is its associated domain! :p

I actually really loved the more "hard historical" tone of B/W's backstory, with the cover mascots being involved in the region's *known* history, instead of appearing in bajillion-year-old legends and tales of the world's formation. Reminded me of Ho-Oh and Lugia, whose dynamic also remains a favorite of mine.

(Actually, come to think of it, I think the implication in B/W was that the dragon(s) originated from Dragonspiral Tower, so, not totally different from Ho-Oh there, either.)

Yes, I was disappointed that we never got to see decent, fitting locales for the XY legendaries. A beautiful enchanted fairy forest in dappled sunlight, and a dramatic craggy mountain beneath gathering thunder clouds. This to me is a symptom of how much the handling of legendaries has changed since gen 1 - they used to be just these creepy things lurking in the darkness, waiting for you in an abandoned place that was filled with mystery and lore and intrigue...now they're shoved unceremoniously in your face as part of the plot, and you're forced to battle/catch them whether you want to or not. I prefer the old ways, personally - I believe it gave the legendaries more dignity. Lugia and Ho-Oh win it for me - Whirlpool Islands and Tin Tower were absolutely iconic.

See, I had the opposite thought - I thought that they were trying to emulate how it used to be in Gen I, when the Legendary Pokémon wouldn't be a huge part of the plot. They just happened to do it in the most inelegant way possible - by excising their regional mythology by having them take a long nap, and shoehorning them into the climax as a battery for the weapon/beatstick against Lysandre. Their roles can almost literally be equated to that of Snorlax, and that is not a good thing.

I don't know if they have put a link up yet. Serebii will be hosting the Direct live on the main page too though.
Also, considering how they've been advertising it; the Pokémon page in general will probably post a link an hour or so before it starts.

Don't know what you guys are on about with the Unova dragons; of course they didn't have individual habitats. They're all the same dragon, and the founder of Unova - Unova itself is its associated domain! :p

I actually really loved the more "hard historical" tone of B/W's backstory, with the cover mascots being involved in the region's *known* history, instead of appearing in bajillion-year-old legends and tales of the world's formation. Reminded me of Ho-Oh and Lugia, whose dynamic also remains a favorite of mine.

(Actually, come to think of it, I think the implication in B/W was that the dragon(s) originated from Dragonspiral Tower, so, not totally different from Ho-Oh there, either.)

See, I had the opposite thought - I thought that they were trying to emulate how it used to be in Gen I, when the Legendary Pokémon wouldn't be a huge part of the plot. They just happened to do it in the most inelegant way possible - by excising their regional mythology by having them take a long nap, and shoehorning them into the climax as a battery for the weapon/beatstick against Lysandre. Their roles can almost literally be equated to that of Snorlax, and that is not a good thing.
I don't have an issue too much with the Tao Duo, its just that having them as key items that randomly were found in a museum as an artifact was a bit too much for me. I would have preferred if there was a Unova Royalty branch that had actually protected them, within their own sort of Cave of Origin, or hell if Dragonspire Tower was under their protection. Would have made it a lot better. B2W2 kinda fixed this, but only in the post league, and Dragibspiral was already explored in the first game removing the mistique.

I was saying this to Winterdaze because his timezone is early morning (2am I think he said) - you'll be too hyped to sleep before it and then (assuming it's something great) you'll be too hyped to sleep afterwards! :p
That's probably going to happen to me XD

There's going to be a Nicovideo program tomorrow, which will start six hours before the Direct and end right before it.

Notice the rainbow colors in the middle of the page? The text says something like "a countdown to the minute of impression!".

sun.jpg

moon.jpg

Zed is dead.

The fact they actually have logos already... And the fact they sound so cool... I want!

I mean okay, a lot of people were expecting gen 7,but still. This Zygarde fiasco is hilarious. Really can't wait to seee how this all plays out. And Sun/Moon is really generic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom