• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Offiicial Super Smash Bros. 4 Discussion!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually, are there any villains who aren't heavyweights? Can't think of any off the top of my head. That might be something to fix, unless it's just me being forgetful, which is fully possible.

Vaati wouldn't be heavy at all. In fact, he'd probably be a lightweight given his smallish size (even for a human-sized Minish), though not as light as Toon Link.

Black Knight would be so awesome as a villain rep though, he's badass. ^^

I highly doubt Bayonetta will ever be added to Smash. It's rated M and I've seen some clips of that game, she pulls crap out of her female hole. Wtf...

What's wrong with good guys?

It is mainly for matchups like Good vs Evil, Main character vs his nemesis, ect. There is just not enough villains to pull off many combinations.

Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dedede, Wario, and Ganondorf are arguably the only (playable) villains in smash while Metaknight and Dark Pit are anti-heroes. Even if you considered all of them as villains, that would still be 43-7 Good-Evil ratio.

Villains need some love too.

What's wrong with good guys?

It is mainly for matchups like Good vs Evil, Main character vs his nemesis, ect. There is just not enough villains to pull off many combinations.

Bowser, Bowser Jr., Dedede, Wario, and Ganondorf are arguably the only (playable) villains in smash while Metaknight and Dark Pit are anti-heroes. Even if you considered all of them as villains, that would still be 43-7 Good-Evil ratio.

Villains need some love too.

Seconded. You can, at a stretch, create Miis of villainous characters to fill certain gaps, but that only works if the character you want to make can fit one of the Mii classes. Then, for extra possibilities, you can use any pokemon for villains, justifying it by saying they're under the command of an evil or unfriendly trainer (or they're just generally not a very nice pokemon, since they're quite generic otherwise) but at that point, you're getting really desparate.

And there's the Dark Link and Dark Samus alts, but again, that's no substitute for having an actual villain.

Um, guys? Where's the Mewtwo discussion? He was finally released as DLC today for the common folk who didn't get codes. I've played as him quite a bit, and I must say, he is definitely fitting my playstyle quite nicely. He has a good speed, nice specials and is overall quite good. He isn't Diddy Kong tier, but nevertheless I'd guess he's going to rise through the ranks quickly.

Also, I'd say there is 8 villains now. Since Smash adheres to the anime versus the games (PokeSpeak, mentioning Ash instead of Red, etc.), and Mewtwo was the villain of the first movie, I'm certain he counts.

I'm really hoping there aren't too many more DLC fighters. My SD Card is so tiny it can probably only fit a couple more, including the update data. At most, I'm hoping there will be five.

I played as Mewtwo a bit. He's quite a tricky one, I find, mostly because of how ridiculously flimsy he is, but I love Disable, and Confusion's pretty neat as well. Also, that lovely spike. I'll definitely want to play some more as him. For now though, I'll be sticking to Lucario, Duck Hunt Duo, and Pit as my mains. Maybe Mewtwo will join their number someday. Or maybe not. We'll see. Anyway, in the meantime, I certainly appreciate having another villain.

It's funny, I really wasn't at all fussed about Mewtwo until shortly before his release, but now I'm quite keen on him. Also, do people know if he works properly in Classic mode and all that yet? They sent out a notification saying something bad would happen if he was used outside of normal battles, and they were working on fixing it, and the game updated to 1.07, but I'm not sure if that was that update, or something else.

#ShovelKnight4Smash

That or Bayonetta. Preferably both.

Dont know who would be a good villain pick who isn't already in game. Metroid only really has Ridley and Dark Samus, Star Fox has Andross... King K. Rool could work but he hasn't been seen in awhile.

Bayonetta has no chance and you know it :p

As for villains, may I throw in my complete and unconditional support for Hades?

#ShovelKnight4Smash

That or Bayonetta. Preferably both.

Dont know who would be a good villain pick who isn't already in game. Metroid only really has Ridley and Dark Samus, Star Fox has Andross... King K. Rool could work but he hasn't been seen in awhile.

Bayonetta has no chance and you know it :p

As for villains, may I throw in my complete and unconditional support for Hades?

You may. AND JUST LET ME HAVE THIS ONE JABBER! Bey wears more than Zero Suit nowadays.

And to be fair, my number one right now is Shovel Knight.

"Morning, do-gooders!"

In short, gods yes! Hades would be so hilariously great to play as, if for no other reason than because he's Hades! All of his actions should be accompanied by quotes, seriously. That'd just be so brilliant. And annoying, for anyone playing against him, but I guess that'd be sort of the point.

Also, Devastation Ensemble for the final smash? "I only wear it for very special occasions. You know, weddings, armageddons."

I played as Mewtwo a bit. He's quite a tricky one, I find, mostly because of how ridiculously flimsy he is, but I love Disable, and Confusion's pretty neat as well. Also, that lovely spike. I'll definitely want to play some more as him. For now though, I'll be sticking to Lucario, Duck Hunt Duo, and Pit as my mains. Maybe Mewtwo will join their number someday. Or maybe not. We'll see. Anyway, in the meantime, I certainly appreciate having another villain.

It's funny, I really wasn't at all fussed about Mewtwo until shortly before his release, but now I'm quite keen on him. Also, do people know if he works properly in Classic mode and all that yet? They sent out a notification saying something bad would happen if he was used outside of normal battles, and they were working on fixing it, and the game updated to 1.07, but I'm not sure if that was that update, or something else.

1.07 is to fix the Mewtwo glitch, so yes, it works properly. I've been trying to keep Mewtwo out of the air because he is way too floaty, plus his air attacks, except for maybe the neutral and forward ones, are far too slow and weak. Honestly, his best attack is probably Shadow Ball. It's ridiculously powerful (killing at 80% full charged, if I'm not mistaken), and the recoil isn't a good enough drawback. Honestly, Mewtwo's set feels like it was made to camp. Shadow Ball is a solid projectile, Confusion blocks other campers, to an extent, and Disable stuns anyone who comes over.

1.07 is to fix the Mewtwo glitch, so yes, it works properly. I've been trying to keep Mewtwo out of the air because he is way too floaty, plus his air attacks, except for maybe the neutral and forward ones, are far too slow and weak. Honestly, his best attack is probably Shadow Ball. It's ridiculously powerful (killing at 80% full charged, if I'm not mistaken), and the recoil isn't a good enough drawback. Honestly, Mewtwo's set feels like it was made to camp. Shadow Ball is a solid projectile, Confusion blocks other campers, to an extent, and Disable stuns anyone who comes over.

My main problem with Shadow Ball is that it takes ages to charge - certainly a much bigger issue than the recoil. As powerful as it is (I think it does around 25% at full charge) it's definitely not spammable to the same extent as Lucario's Aura Sphere, for example. Still, it's a neat move.

Honestly, I thought Mewtwo was quite good in the air, though he's definitely a lot better off ther on his own terms. Shadow Ball recoil can be used as a useful evasion tool, and Confusion has that nice little midair hop as well. And then his air dodge is great as well. I found back air kind of useful, since it has good reach, and down air has that great spike, but otherwise agreed. I don't actually remember his up air, though, so that might be usable too.

Also, Devastation Ensemble for the final smash? "I only wear it for very special occasions. You know, weddings, armageddons."

Alternately, Hades could just eat the nearest person.

"DOWN THE HATCH!"

*Other player is swallowed. Screen goes black.*

"Uh, oh."

I'm sorry, but if Ridley was somehow too big, than Hades has no chance in heck. Then again, Sakurai DID add Dark Pit, so for better or for worse, its honestly probably the most probable villain. I love Hades to death, but I would rather not have him be a fighter.

"Morning, do-gooders!"

In short, gods yes! Hades would be so hilariously great to play as, if for no other reason than because he's Hades! All of his actions should be accompanied by quotes, seriously. That'd just be so brilliant. And annoying, for anyone playing against him, but I guess that'd be sort of the point.

I just want Viridi to be playable...as my own personal punching bag.

Last edited:

"Morning, do-gooders!"

I just want Viridi to be playable...as my own personal punching bag.

:( I like Viridi...

But she's unlikely to be playable for the simple fact that she's a stage element in Reset Bomb Forest.

You know, I'm surprised there isn't more appeal for Ice Climbers. I understand its impossible, but I would still expect IC to be huge contenders.

I dislike them, personally, so I'm fine with them gone, but I'm curious as to why, say, Shrek is getting more votes.

I hear Sakurai recently suggested that new game modes could be added to the WiiU version at some point in the future. So if that were the case, what would everyone be hoping for? Personally, I'd be very happy if I just had an option to switch items off in Classic mode. In terms of actual new modes, I guess some sort of adventure mode would be very nice, though I very much doubt they'll add it, seeing as that's a hell of a lot to do. Hey, I guess they'll come up with something good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom