• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Old Chateau

pkmn Trainer Zach

Reaction score
This has got to be my favorite place I've been to in my Pearl version so far! I saved in the bedroom (actually in the bed, so it would be like spending the night in a haunted house) next to the room where you get TM90. I didn't want to sleep in the bedroom with the two beds in it, becuase that seemed a little too creepy...I might WAKE UP WITH THE KING in the bed next to me!!! AHHHHH!!!!!

I also have a question about this place: when can you see the ghosts of the people in the Old Chateau (I just love using that word ^_^ )?

And more importantly...

How do you capture Rotom? I know its supposed to be in the TV in one of the rooms in the back of the Chateau (^_^) at night, but so far I have had no luck. Do you have to have the National Dex before you can catch it? The Official Nintendo Player's Guide (it sucks nuts, it doesn't even have all of the Pokémon in the back of it, just the native 151 Sinnoh Pokémon (and Manaphy); and on top of that, it doesn't even list what moves they learn, at what level, etc!) made it seem like I can capture it, even though Rotom is not technically part of the 150 Pokémon required to obtain the National Dex.

So, can I catch Rotom right now? Do I need to wait until I get the National Dex to catch it? And how do I even make Rotom appear in the first place?

Thanks in advance!

You need the National Dex first, but I don't know what you have to do to make the Pokemon actually appear.

You just need the NationalDex and to check it at night, I think.

I just double-checked Serebii again, as well as the Bulbapedia, and it says nothing about having the National Dex. You guys know for a proven fact that you can only get Rotom after you get the National Dex?

Last edited:
I never found it before getting the National Dex.

Also, I think the time of night to check is after 8PM.

- Trip

I tried EVERY NIGHT,and I didn't get it without the national dex.Also,it says so on serebii.What little girl?

There is a ghost of a little girl that randmly appear in some of the rooms while you are visiting.

It was a bit surprising (and very cool) when I first spotted her.

Where is this house anyway? I'm intrigued.

If you enter Eterna forest from the Eterna side, you notice those two bushes you can cut? Cut one and go up that path. It'll lead you to the Old Chateau. ;)

*does a dance*
I have a wuvely Rotom, which I am now raising up, because I'm going to build a new six member team.

I caught it luckily. You should make sure to have a pokemon around level 15 or so, cuz that's the level it's at. Otherwise... yeah. Even False Swipe won't do anything to it unfortunately.

I never saw a little girl, but I saw a old guy in the Dining Hall.

oncee u have da national dex, go there in the evening or night, near the back dere is aroom wid da tv switched on, press a next to it and rotom will apear at lv15, if it doesnt, dan cum back l8e on in the night

I didn't do anything special. I walked in for the first time, and there was a butler dude in the dining hall. I saw him again the other night, as well as the little girl after seven or so tries. Just keep reentering the room, they'll show up sooner or later.

I have yet to see any ghosts, but that's because I've only been in the mansion twice.

I couldn't get Rotom without the national dex because I wanted one early on, but oh well.

BTW, do multiple Old Gateus appear, or is that a one of a kind item?

BTW, do multiple Old Gateus appear, or is that a one of a kind item?

Apparently it's a one of a kind item since I've never seen it respawn or anything.

Anyway, I really thought the Old Chateau was awesome, Every pokemon game needs an extremely creepy place, Kanto had Pokemon Tower, Jotho had the Burned Tower plus the Ruins of Alph, Hoenn had Mt.Pyre. Sinnoh has the Old Chateau and Turnback Cave.

There is a ghost of a little girl that randmly appear in some of the rooms while you are visiting.

It was a bit surprising (and very cool) when I first spotted her.

So she is there! I saw her too, and then was concerned about my eyesight when I went into the room she was in and found nothing....WHEW

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 17 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom