• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Player Search System (PSS) and its features

Re: Generation VI Gadget Discussion

I like the Pokétab idea. Hopefully it will be something like an upgraded version of the Pokétch cause I found most apps pretty useful. Unfortunately this generation's C Gear was a big letdown for me.

Oh and apparently it will look like that.

xc24yb.jpg
Obviously that's a log pose on his arm. So I guess now we know that we have to navigate between towns based off the magnetism of each town, and not just direction on the town map.

Poketab/Pokelet are probably the best/most relevant guesses at the moment. CGear was a step backward compared to the Poketch which actually had some use at some times. Compared to none if you weren't playing online. Having a CGearesque thing as a single app would be great, because then I wouldn't have to deal with it.

I expected them to come up with a tablet-ish device, since those things are all the rage these days. But now that I've seen that screenshot that clearly shows a wristwatch-like device on the male PC's arm, I realize that it's far from certain. Though, I still think it could happen: they could maximize the 3D tech and have it fold out with a really cool animation sequence.

Something like the C Gear, except actually integrated with the 3DS's features.

I will rage if its a tablet.

I would like to see something kind of like HGSS, but I like the idea of an iPad-esque app. Maybe you could download apps. such as a store, where you could buy battle items like Potions or Poke Balls, or decorations for your house or secret base (if that's brought into the games again) which you could pick up at any Poke Center.

I would like to have my pokemons health and conditions displayed on the gadget again. Its kind of petty but it did get a lil bit annoying to have to keep going through the menus to see it.

Generation VI Electronic Device?

No, I am not talking about pokedex for IOS. I'm talking about the little device you get to help with your journey (the pokegear, pokenav, poketch and cgear are examples from the previous generations.) What will ot be called? What will it do?

Last edited by a moderator:

Something like the C Gear, except actually integrated with the 3DS's features.

I will rage if its a tablet.
Rage with happiness or sadness?
Anyways, I think that the watch is the gadget. I hope it's a high-tech watch, so you can download apps on it. But that's pretty far-fetched.
How can you see your watch-thing without looking at it? You probably just can go on your watch without even glancing at it. Same with Poketch, C-Gear, Pokenav, the HGSS gadget, and whatever was in Generation 2.

I'd like something with all the past gadget features put together plus new stuff.

And I want my VS. Seeker back dammit.

A combination of all the other gadgets into apps on one thing (like the Poketch.) Thus, it would have an online app (C-Gear), apps for the Pokegear (ex. phone, map etc.) and apps from the PokeNav (ex Condition, ribbons etc., though it is unneeded if they just show those things in the Pokemon stats screen) and all these things would be combined onto the Poketch like device seen on the trailer, with other apps that were on the Poketch. And, I want the menu, registered items, and running shoes to be on the touch screen as well. To save space, the menu would only be icons on the side (unless you press X which opens it up with text). For example, on the left side there will be an icon of the Pokedex, a Pokeball (for Pokemon), and a Trainer Card, while on the right would be a bag icon, a wrench icon for options, and a recording icon for saving. And since these would only be icons, there will be more space to show apps in the middle of the screen. At the top (pf the bottom screen) it would show date/time, battery life, and the Apps' name, and a button that allows you to switch between apps instanly (rather than pressing the "Next App" button.) And finally, at the bottom would be your registered items and the running shoes.
That's pretty much my dream for what the bottom screen and "Gadget" should be for this Gen.

I just pray for anything EXCEPT the C Gear...it was so useless, it wouldn't have made a difference to the gameplay if it wasnt there...The Pokepad sounds like something great, it would sorta be like the poketch but better and more useful and with features

Its gonna be a wristwatch again, going from the trailer, that much is known. One thing that threw me for the loop however is that it seems to not have the distinct Pokedevice trait of different coloring for the male/female PC, at least going off the fact that the device seems to be all black on both PC's wrists. Something tells me we're just gonna get an xtranseiver update, but another part of me tells me that GF smartened up and gave us something akin to a color version of the Poketch. That one green button it seems to have is giving off that vibe for me.

Why are you so certain this watch is the new gadget? It could just be a random accessory.

I'd also like to see a tablet.

I hope it's something at least slightly useful. C-Gear and Xtransceiver weren't really usable in-game. Only in BW2 did you actually get to do something with the Xtransceiver (though, I admittedly haven't yet, so I can't really say if I find it enjoyable).

Looks like it was the pokedex that got the tablet treatment. We also got clearer views of those watch things on the PCs. It may be that and it like projects a hologram or something.

Those watches look huge in the artwork!

I hope they'll function as a more advanced Pocketch from DP and Pt. That was my favorite gadget so far.

Now that we got the PC art, I'm glad we can seem them a little better.

I looked at the female first, and started to say "Wow, that's a nice bangle-" just as I saw that the guy had it too. Then I realized that was the gadget. It does match the fashion, though.

Hologram watches? Cause that's the only thing I can guess from the orb things. Unless they're compasses, or some super important plot related technological magic tracker. Or something.

Hologram watches? Cause that's the only thing I can guess from the orb things. Unless they're compasses, or some super important plot related technological magic tracker. Or something.

Exactly. There doesn't seem to actually be a screen on them, unless it's on the other side.

The first time i saw them they reminded me of mood rings.

But if you think about it perhaps the big bead changes colour or something and this has to do with the new bond mechanism??

Back
Top Bottom