• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

The Simple Question / Simple (or not so) Answer thread Mark II

Who did you pick?

• Dialga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Palkia

• Giratina

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have another question...It's one that...I don't think it will get a clear answer...it has to do with Pokemon Versions, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. Why is that, on Mt. Silver, you have to engage Red with your prescence by speaking to him? By pressing the A button right near him I mean. I've always thought it was weird that he doesn't speak a word. How do he tell his pokemon to battle? How come if you walk in front of him, he doesn't say anything? Has he been there so long that he can't notice his surroundings? Also, do you guys think that Red in the games battles like Palace Maven Spencer? Since in the games, the Battle Palace is a place where trainers don't command their pokemon but they battle on their own. I just thought that would be how he battles since he doesn't really say anything...IDK why I've been thinking about this, I just wanted to see what other people thought about this.

I have another question...It's one that...I don't think it will get a clear answer...it has to do with Pokemon Versions, Gold, Silver, Crystal, Heart Gold, and Soul Silver. Why is that, on Mt. Silver, you have to engage Red with your prescence by speaking to him? By pressing the A button right near him I mean. I've always thought it was weird that he doesn't speak a word. How do he tell his pokemon to battle? How come if you walk in front of him, he doesn't say anything? Has he been there so long that he can't notice his surroundings? Also, do you guys think that Red in the games battles like Palace Maven Spencer? Since in the games, the Battle Palace is a place where trainers don't command their pokemon but they battle on their own. I just thought that would be how he battles since he doesn't really say anything...IDK why I've been thinking about this, I just wanted to see what other people thought about this.

I do believe Red makes commands to his Pokemon; he just doesn't actually say anything to you.

As for engaging him, well, that's how it done for many trainers, such as Gym Leaders and the Elite Four. It's a game design choice.

Hi, sorry it's me again! My fake Platinum game has caused a serious problem with my DS, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I stopped playing the Platinum game after the graphics started to go glitchy, but now I've just tried playing an official Pearl game and it was going glitchy as well. It's a second hand game so there was already a saved file on it, which I accessed; I was viewing the summary for the players Infernape and the whole game froze, I had to switch off the DS and try again. I deleted the save file, and started a new game, and everything seemed fine until I got out into Twinleaf Town and the graphics started to blur in the same way they had on Platinum. There can't be anything wrong with the Pearl game, its previous owner had level 70 Pokemon and had clearly been playing it for some time. Pokemon Dash plays fine on my DS, but it can't seem to handle the graphics of the main series games.

I'm rather upset to be honest, it was a Christmas present and I was really stupid and continued playing Platinum in the knowledge that it was fake, and now it's damaged the system. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

Last edited:
Pokemon Platinum Battle tower

What Pokemon should i use to beat the Battle tower all the way. Can you tell me the three Pokemon that could easily WIN every single battle the moves. What item is the Pokemon holding and more. Please Help so I can beat the Battle tower in Pokemon Platinum.

Re: Pokemon Platinum Battle tower

What Pokemon should i use to beat the Battle tower all the way. Can you tell me the three Pokemon that could easily WIN every single battle the moves. What item is the Pokemon holding and more. Please Help so I can beat the Battle tower in Pokemon Platinum.

I couldn't tell you the perfect team to beat the battle tower in Platinum. That depends on how far you're trying to go. What you sohuld do, is build a team that has all different types, and that they cover their team mates weaknesses, and use different hold items as well.

In Platinum, Professor Rowan just told me that the marking map poketch app is supposed to show me where Mesprit is. I keep checking, but it doesn't show me anything. Is there something I have to do first?

Hi, sorry it's me again! My fake Platinum game has caused a serious problem with my DS, I'm wondering if anyone can help. I stopped playing the Platinum game after the graphics started to go glitchy, but now I've just tried playing an official Pearl game and it was going glitchy as well. It's a second hand game so there was already a saved file on it, which I accessed; I was viewing the summary for the players Infernape and the whole game froze, I had to switch off the DS and try again. I deleted the save file, and started a new game, and everything seemed fine until I got out into Twinleaf Town and the graphics started to blur in the same way they had on Platinum. There can't be anything wrong with the Pearl game, its previous owner had level 70 Pokemon and had clearly been playing it for some time. Pokemon Dash plays fine on my DS, but it can't seem to handle the graphics of the main series games.

I'm rather upset to be honest, it was a Christmas present and I was really stupid and continued playing Platinum in the knowledge that it was fake, and now it's damaged the system. Is there anything I can do to fix this problem?

I don't think a fake game could actually harm the DS, especially if Pearl is the only game having problems. Maybe something's just wrong with the Pearl? If you're 100% sure the Pearl's legit, try playing it on a friend's DS or something.

In Platinum, Professor Rowan just told me that the marking map poketch app is supposed to show me where Mesprit is. I keep checking, but it doesn't show me anything. Is there something I have to do first?

You don't see a little symbol on the map? You may be viewing the Berry Map app, not the Marking Map app (they're pretty similar).

Nope I don't see anything. I made sure it wasn't the Berry map, I remember laughing at myself, thinking that's exactly the sort of thing I would do the first time I checked the poketch.

Nope I don't see anything. I made sure it wasn't the Berry map, I remember laughing at myself, thinking that's exactly the sort of thing I would do the first time I checked the poketch.

Try putting one of the marks (the shapes) on the map. At any location.
Then the roaming Pokemon's locations should start to appear. That worked for me.

Try putting one of the marks (the shapes) on the map. At any location.
Then the roaming Pokemon's locations should start to appear. That worked for me.

Tried one first, then I put every shape at random places, and I still don't see anything.

There should be a small Pikachu face that blinks if there is a Pokemon running around. You need to take about 3-5 steps for it to activate though, so if you're standing in the same position, it won't show anything.

Ran all around the day care. Nothing. Everything else on the Poketch seems to work right, but I guess my marking map is glitchy or something. Thanks for the help though, everyone.

have you found mesprit already? if i remember rightly you have to go to the cave then it flees & starts roaming

have you found mesprit already? if i remember rightly you have to go to the cave then it flees & starts roaming

Yeah, after it leaves the cave, Rowan comes in and tells you the marking map will track it. I also caught azelf and uxie already.

Yeah, after it leaves the cave, Rowan comes in and tells you the marking map will track it. I also caught azelf and uxie already.

silly question here but are you checking the map in your menu thingy or on the bottom screen? (it's been so long since i played it i can't remember what map it appears on! it's not the maps in buildings is it???)

No, the map on the Pokemon watch thing on the bottom screen.
Well, I was riding my bike, trying to get an egg to hatch, and after about two minutes, the little face appeared. Guess it just needed a lot of steps. And after chasing the little jerk around for like half an hour, I finally caught Mesprit. Thanks again everyone.

Re: Pokemon Platinum Battle tower

That's an easy one

Azelf,Mesprit,Uxie

Azelf
Flamethrower
Psychic
Shadowball
Thunderbolt

Mesprit
Ice Beam(Good for his Dragonite)
Same as Azelf
Swift
?

Uxie
^See Mesprit but switch Ice Beam for Solar Beam
Same as Mesprit Swift

I was just curious, but will the Shiny Legendary Beasts distributed by Gamestop unlock the Zoroark event in a Japanese Black/White? I doubt it, but I was just wondering because I really want a Zoroark...

I was just curious, but will the Shiny Legendary Beasts distributed by Gamestop unlock the Zoroark event in a Japanese Black/White? I doubt it, but I was just wondering because I really want a Zoroark...

It should, yep. The event is activated by a Shiny Legendary Beast with the Faithful Encounter tag, which will be on every type of the Shiny Event Beasts.

It should, yep. The event is activated by a Shiny Legendary Beast with the Faithful Encounter tag, which will be on every type of the Shiny Event Beasts.

Really? I thought there'd be some kind of language-lock or something. Well, that's interesting. Thanks! I know what I'll do when I get my first beast...

Edit: I have one more unimportant question relating to the beast event. Can I download them through my JP Platinum even though it's the English distribution?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom