• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things in pokemon that dont make sense

dpsM4SZ.jpg

Why Steel is weak to Fighting. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but it's something I don't know of. I'm pretty sure if I were to punch or kick a piece of steel, I'd severely hurt myself.
I think the idea is that Fighting-types are supposed to have body-trained muscles strong enough to even be able to shatter steel. Same goes for their super-effective hits on Rock-types.

Didn't he spend over a year in each region, with Kanto being like 2-3 years?
We really don't know exactly how long he spent in each region, except that it took him a whole year to return to Viridian City for the final Gym challenge (unless that line was added by 4Kids). Perhaps around a year per major region, but the anime hasn't really been keeping track of time because it isn't important. Ash just doesn't age.

Image snipped out by me for space. This is so accurate it hurts. It should depend on the move at least, or maybe stuff like Bonemerang could be Rock or Normal type. It makes no sense otherwise.

You could argue that a Flying Pokemon is too far up to be hit by Bonemerang, but we know that's not the case since it's clearly in range of other attacks, and Flying Pokemon only get out of attack range when they use moves like Fly.

except that it took him a whole year to return to Viridian City for the final Gym challenge (unless that line was added by 4Kids).

It was. The original line was 'a long time' I think.

Last edited:
Why does Poliwhirl change a completely different color and design when it evolves into Politoed?

Because the Kings Rock is yellow, blue + yellow = green
As for design, it still borrows parts from the others design, the others are tadpoles while Politoed is a frog.

It makes sense to me how Normal and Fighting type moves wouldn't have any effect on Ghost types, but in that case shouldn't all physical attack moves be ineffective on Ghost types? For example, wouldn't Razor Leaf just go right trough the ghost instead of hurting it?

You would think a criminal organisation that could be taken down so easily by an aspiring wannabe trainer would have been taken down by the police eons ago. Clearly, authorities not doing a good job!

I've said this a lot of times but it's what I cannot understand yet

Arceus; the god of all creation can get captured by a ten-year-old.

It has the powers to end the world - it should easily defy even the Master ball.

Controversial (and "failed") Fairy-type retcon. Some Fairy-type retcons like Marill and Jigglypuff are okay, Gardevoir is okay, but why let Ralts and Kirlia become part-Fairy if they are in branched evolution line? Gallade is NOT a Fairy, so this makes no point for making Ralts and Kirlia part-Fairy.

Anyone else besides me thinks Chansey, Audino, Bellosom, and Lilligant should've been retconned into fairy-types as well?

Tyrantrum learning Horn Drill...

Why Steel is weak to Fighting. I'm sure there is a reason for it, but it's something I don't know of. I'm pretty sure if I were to punch or kick a piece of steel, I'd severely hurt myself.
If you were a master martial artist (like pokemon level) then you could wreck steel np.
Also how when pokemon breed its always the females species, woudnt it be a mix of the two?

Controversial (and "failed") Fairy-type retcon. Some Fairy-type retcons like Marill and Jigglypuff are okay, Gardevoir is okay, but why let Ralts and Kirlia become part-Fairy if they are in branched evolution line? Gallade is NOT a Fairy, so this makes no point for making Ralts and Kirlia part-Fairy.

That's a good point. Though, I think this may be based on the fact that Ralts originated from 'astral body' (probably a spiritual bundle of emotion), which arguably could be a form of fairy

Why weren't all single type Pokemon in the fairy egg group made into fairies?
I personally wouldn't have minded if Chansey and Audino were made into Fairy types, but I guess you can't have everything. Anyways, they couldn't re-type Pikachu. He's an icon and hasn't changed for what, fifteen years?
Oddish and Gloom are Grass/Poison types, while Bellossom is pure Grass. Besides, Ralts and Kirlia seem fairylike to me, so I don't have a problem with their re-typing.

Please note: The thread is from 5 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom