• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things that you hate that everyone else loves

There are many things I hate that is liked and/or used by the general public:

1. Text Speak in serious conversations. I don't mind it being used as a joke, but if you're carrying on a real conversation, please use proper grammar. It's only logical.
2. Heavy bass and quarter note bass drums. I don't know why at least half of the songs on the radio have this, as it's just painful to the ears and overused. It also shows how lazy the artist was when he or she wrote the song.
3. Formal and semi-formal events. I don't like dressing up all fancy and such.
4. Loud music. I prefer not to damage my ears. ^_^
5. I agree with Cat Luver. Cotton Candy is disgusting.
6. Peeps. Just... eww.
7. Dating before high school is over. If dating is but man's quest to find his perfect match, why do it before you want to get married? Once you look at things in black and white, all becomes clear.

-Over consumption of fast food
-Facebook
-Celebrities
-Rap
-Clothes shopping
-Hit shows on TV
-Twilight
-Kids (well, at least the obnoxious ones)
-Trending stuff
-Uggs and other stuff like them
-Wearing dresses
-Gossip

Last edited:
A lot of hip-hop I don't give a shit about. I think the only rap album I own that I'd give 5/5 is cannibal ox's cold vein. I've listened to plenty rap over the years, but not enough moves me to give me the confidence to say that I like rap. I don't like rap, I like select albums.

Vegetabless...

I'M NOT KIDDING!!!
My office have policy to serve vegetarian lunch...

And everybody love it!!

Except MEEEEHHH!!!

• Getting my hair done, it's just painful when I visit a salon.
  • Doing my nails, I don't see the point when they don't last long. It feels like a waste of money.
  • Clothes shopping, it feels like a chore more than fun.

Facebook
Pokemon Colosseum and XD
Twitter
Most Mario games that come out these days
GBA VC (No link cable emulation?)

Last edited by a moderator:
- Getting wasted. It can be fun once a while but not almost every other day (like my classmates tend to do). It usually costs a lot of money, hangovers are usually terrible, and personally I dont like going out much. I'd much rather spend the evening quietly watching a good movie or reading comics, but that's me.

- I really really really despise clothes shopping. Then again, I am male, and I don't really know a lot of males who love to go shopping. I just buy nearly everything online and that works fine for me.

Football (Soccer)
First Person Shooter games
Anything in any genre defined as (alternative) I am mainstream and proud.

I really hate it also when guys get out guitars and sing really soppy songs about some girl they love thats broken their heart.
Get over it mate and give us something to dance the night away too

- Sports in general: I've had plenty of bad experiences in school and with sports fans to completely turn me off to them. I also find them very boring to watch. Oh wow, people kicking a ball left and right. Sounds fun.
- Really dark and violent video games: Sorry, but I hate games like Resident Evil, Call of Duty, Assassin's Creed, or anything remotely similar. While I have never played them, I have watched family members play them and I have no interest in taking part. The last time I played a violent video game was in the early 90s with Contra, and immediately I was turned off. Compared to the stuff released now, they make Contra look like a magical, whimsical land of enchantment, butterflies, and rainbows.
- The Big Bang Theory- I HATE this show! It seems like everyone around me likes it. I find the main characters really irritating, especially Sheldon. Why he's popular is beyond me. Then again, in this show's defense, any show out there that has a huge following with marketers deciding to whore themselves out with catchphrase merchandise is more than likely to attract my ire.
- A lot of mainstream anime- I have tried to get into shows like Bleach, Shaman King, One Piece, Naruto and even Death Note, and I didn't like any of them. I found them to be very boring, the characters are not that memorable, and if I do remember characters, it is usually for the wrong reasons.

- I never liked playing sports to begin with, and not long ago, I had a really bad experience with it all. I despise playing and I now distrust the idea of being on a team. I like watching sports though.

- Pop music usually makes me want to scream, my brain cells are getting tortured to death. Christian radio's almost as bad, but at least not as filthy.

- Mario can freeze in the lowest tier of hell. So can Ash and his Pikachu.

- Sports video games. Overhyped and dull. Even in video game form, I don't like playing sports...

- Talking about trivial junk. Like the weather. Or your tanline. I don't care about your tanline. Just stahp.

- Clothes shopping. Especially shoes. I've hated it since I was young enough to dislike it. I sure save a lot of money by not buying clothes all the time, though.

- Apple pie. The texture is lumpy and slimy, and the flavor is super-sweet and spammed with cinnamon. Disgusting...

Last edited:
-Coffee, yeah shot me, but its just way too bitter for me and makes me feel really shaky.

-Hockey, being Canadian this is a big one for me, I hate playing it and I find it extremely boring to watch. Would much rather watch Soccer or Rugby.

-Adventure Time, tried to get into it a few time but it was just kind of "meh" to me. Also same thing with MLP FiM, boooorring and the fandom is just unbearable for me.

-Dark Chocolate, same thing as coffee, way too bitter and it also gives me a headache.

-Most memes, most of them these days just seem like an unfunny flash in the pan before a new one comes next month.

Rap/Hip hop/Whatever the F*** you want to call it, it dosen't make it music.

Sports (and, naturaly, Sports-related games (besides Sonic and Mario at the Olympic Games)) because when I watch, say, a game of Rugby all I see are people running around and tackling eachother for a ball and I don't find that exciting in any way.

FPSes because, while I haven't played an FPS (I have played parts One and Two of the Metroid Prime Trilogy, but those are 'First Person Adventures,') I have heard that they don't have much single player...ness and the multiplayer is filled with screeming twelve-year-olds.

Gorey/Horror games because I kinda get scared and/or grosed out easily and I don't see any appeal in porposefully scaring/grossing youself out.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 7 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom