• Hey Trainers! Be sure to check out Corsola Beach, our newest section on the forums, in partnership with our friends at Corsola Cove! At the Beach, you can discuss the competitive side of the games, post your favorite Pokemon memes, and connect with other Pokemon creators!
  • Due to the recent changes with Twitter's API, it is no longer possible for Bulbagarden forum users to login via their Twitter account. If you signed up to Bulbagarden via Twitter and do not have another way to login, please contact us here with your Twitter username so that we can get you sorted.

Things you want to see done in Pokemon Gen 8 (2019)

all the gym leaders after Misty were all men

Here's my Counterexample to this claim of yours; that all gym leaders after misty were men
Erika
Janine
Sabrina
Whitney
Jasmine
Clair
Roxanne
Flannery
Winona
Liza
Gardenia
Maylene
Fantina
Candice
Lenora
Elesa
Skyla
Iris
Roxie
Viola
korrina
Valerie
Olympia

Suppose I made a list of fire pokemon, such as Magmortar, Delphox, Rotom-heat, and Volcanion.

All it takes, is for someone to point out, that that Rotom is not Fire/Electric, but actually Electric/Fire.

What if I purposely made a typo, just to see if someone would point that out?

I'm a big advocate that humans are evil, but could be worse. They could be worse because you just need to give them a situation to. It's called luring. Bait and fish.

For example, leave an unlocked bike in front of the house, stand around with a baseball bat, and wait for someone to steal the bike.

I hope we get another female champion. One that actually is famous for their battling skills like Cynthia and not a stereotype thing like being a pretty? actress like Diantha, or randomly in there like Iris. Hopefully one that doesn't wear some crazy-ass costume and dresses somewhat more like a regular person... Those dresses on Diantha and Iris make Wallace's outfit look normal.

I don't know, I'd rather have a Champion that's stylin'. Iris's dress was insane, Alder's look had so much personality, and Cynthia's goth look is iconic. I think that, while Champions should primarily look respectable, I also want them to look very unique, cool, and telling of their personality.

Agreed on Diantha's outfit, though. I love everything from the waist up, but jeez, what was she thinking with those booty shorts?

Oh I thought Alder's and Cynthia's looks were just fine. Iris though.. Iris's bugs me. It has the feeling of a princess kind of, which I guess makes sense because dragons?.. but I really hate when girls are put in outfits that are basically screaming "LOOK AT MY PANTIES! THERE'S NO WAY YOU CAN'T SEE MY PANTIES!"

On the topic of gender equality (since there's been the discussion of gender ratios of champions and gym leaders), can we PLEASE have the same clothing and hair options for everyone? It's not like the gender of the player changes any text or references in the game, so the choice of boy/girl is arbitrary anyway (and wasn't even presented as a gender choice in gen 7, more like "which one is you?"). So why can't I look like a boy but have access to feminine bags/clothing/hair? It's outdated restrictions at this point. Other Nintendo properties let you wear whatever you want and have for years.

Dear Ohmori-san,

The only hopes I have that are somewhat realistic are:

1. A BW-like story that provokes thought rather than relying on tired tropes or zany ideas. But unlike BW, don't use an obvious twist (Ghetsis) to avoid dealing with the implications of the conflict you've picked. The hero theme (judging from the games' codename) should be earned rather than forced into the games.

2. Sensibly designed variants for Lapras and a decent number of Johto species. This year marks GS' 20th anniversary and you'll be wise to acknowledge it.

3. No Armored Evolution; just use the original Armored Mewtwo (if you must) and keep it simple.

4. Make the new mechanic some fancier, more strategic evolution of Rotation Battles. Try not to shove the soccer theme down my throat.

5. Make cutscenes and heavy dialogue less frequent than in SM and more memorable. Don't assume that your characters are instantly likable; they aren't.

6. Give the player dialogue options that are clearly distinct and affect the NPCs' actions, if only slightly. Make me pretend that I'm having a conversation every now and then.

7. Let me combine multiple players' entries when creating a rental team. Don't drop the feature just because QR codes are gone.

That's about it given the vibes I get from the trailer and map. It would be nice to have at least two wishes fulfilled.

Keigu,

Unown Seer

Last edited:
Because all of its current forms lack good abilities; neither one of the Mega Mewtwo is particularly good for Ubers. If they're going to add another form (and this isn't heresy - they did it first with Deoxys), it might as well make a difference.

On the topic of gender equality and being able to wear both male and female clothing regardless of the gender of the character... I have mixed feelings.

On the one hand, we have had characters like Gym Leader/Champion Wallace and Dome Ace Tucker, both of which have very... extravagant... clothing styles (more male stripper than strictly femenine, but you get the point). And I have never had an issue with those characters. In fact, Dome Ace Tucker is my favourite NPC in Pokémon due to his flawless taste (his team consists of literally my 3 favourite Pokémon Charizard, Metagross and Salamence, plus Swampert and the Latis, which are great as well).

On the other hand, though, I am totally shocked to see how "disconnected" from reality some Pokémon fans seem to be, when asking (sometimes outright demanding) Game Freak to share the gender relativism that is now so popular in the Western World. You have to realize two things:

1) Game Freak is a Japanese company, and most Japanese people are traditionalists. Yes, Japan is also the home of some very new-wave extravagant cultural and fashion movements but Japan remains an overwhelmingly conservative society. And I think it's fairly easy to guess that Game Freak probably share those traditional values. So you have to respect that, even if you personally disagree with them.

2) The Western World is a bit like an internet echo chamber. We think that we are the center of the World, and that our values are universal. They are not. The fact that you don't make a distinction between the male and female genders in terms of what clothes they can wear, doesn't mean the rest of the world thinks like you. The fact that you guys find it normal/acceptable for a man to be dressed like a woman and vice versa, doesn't mean that the majority of the world thinks that way. Most of them don't. The entire Muslim world, the vast majority of South America and Asia, etc are still overwhelmingly conservative societies, and they wouldn't agree with your liberal gender ideas.

Needless to say, EVERYONE is free to dress and act like they want in their own lives. What I am trying to say is that you shouldn't expect to see your ideals represented in Pokémon main series games. Because those ideas are considered "controversial" in most of the world outside of Western Europe and the USA and Canada, and Game Freak needs to appeal to everybody, not just the more liberal Western societies.

Last edited:
Please note: The thread is from 4 years ago.
Please take the age of this thread into consideration in writing your reply. Depending on what exactly you wanted to say, you may want to consider if it would be better to post a new thread instead.
Back
Top Bottom